Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman 

Glad your feeling better!!!--that's good news! 

Oh those sneaky Giants---do you think a change in the coaching staff would go along with the possible addition of Watson at QB?  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Aaron Rodgers is being criticized for remarks he made to Bears fans: "I own you!" He said that he was provoked, and it just came out. 

Some think that Rodgers didn't show much class in saying that, and shows a bad side of him. Others dismiss it as trash talk and if the Bears are offended, then try to do better and beat the Packers. 

I didn't like the way Rodgers held out during training camp, but I think that what happened Sunday was just football trash talk, and overhyped. I've heard worse things said by players before. The Bears just need to beat the Packers next time they meet, and it will probalby be forgotten. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Well after listening to some Press Conferences and some Podcasts here's where my team stands.....

One of the problems Ron Rivera has said is all the injuries and the team not able to practice as they want to (practice on improving tackling for example, they are going through more walk throughs because they are unable to field enough bodies for real practices)...

When you hear that the most consistent player on your entire football team is Tress Way---THE TEAM'S PUNTER, you know you are in trouble....🙄

CB William Jackson III---His tackling and coverage is described as "Pop Warnerish"....

CB Kendall Fuller continued with missed tackles....

S Landon Collins should be featured in a Liberty Mutual commercial since he was TORCHED in coverage .....He also continued the trend of MISSED tackles....

To sum it up----

THE DEFENSE CAN'T TACKLE!!!

RB Antonio Gibson can't hang on to the ball!!! 

Heinicke missed open receivers, underthrew passes, and was inaccurate from the pocket. He did very little with his legs---Maybe Rivera's idea of making Heinicke a "game manager" was the wrong idea!

Then there's the Entire Coaching Staff -This staff, from top to bottom, REFUSES to make changes, despite producing the same results week after week. Much of this comes on the defensive side of the football - but every  coach shares in having a part of the blame!!! Ron and company only seem to offer excuses!

There were a FEW players who did play decently---

RB J.D. McKissic---was the main offensive weapon--8

passes 65 yds, 8 rushing attempts for 45 yds. 

TE Ricky Seal-Jones who had the only TD!

LB Cole Holecomb--led the team with 9 solo tackles, a sack and forced fumble

And things continue to look bleak with Aaron Rodgers coming up next................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wooohoooo.......SOLID win for my RAVENS today! other than a few sacks, overall we looked good. LAMAR hit another record today. he surpassed dan marinos record of most games won by a qb before the age of 25.....and he will have some more opportunities to increase that record number. "its pretty cool."

LOVED that cowboys/patriots game......exciting to watch and happy that the cowboys took it.

another great game to watch tonight, but i was sorry to see the steelers win in overtime. i was counting on those seahawks. lots of strange things happened in that game!

@sunshine45 

CONGRATS on the Ravens WIN!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The assumption going into this year was that the WFT defense was rock solid. Oops! They were wrong. In the games I've seen, Daron Payne was the hardest working defender.  When you go into the season thinking your defense will keep you in every game and the offense can do enough, then the defense implodes, you've got trouble. Giving up 31 points a game makes winning very hard. Taylor Heinicke or Fitzpatrick for that matter, can't get you 32 points a game consistently. The WFT have given up more points than any other team. I don't think anyone expected that.

It complicates the offseason planning. A QB was clearly at the top of the shopping list preseason, but with the defense imploding do they have to save picks to reinforce the D?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Way to go Steelers!  What a game TJ Watt had!!!  His brother Derek laid out a lick last night on special teams that's still being felt today I'm sure.  JJ Watt had another good game with the Cardinals.  Great men, great players.

Honored Contributor

According to the analytics experts, the Eagles' have played the third toughest schedule so far. They're now 2-4. The same experts say the rest of the schedule is the easiest schedule left in the NFL. Rally time?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thoughts on the Cowboy's game is that New England is good, but we should have scored 50 or more points on them and we made way too many mistakes and had too many penalties.  Thank goodness we have Dak, Cee Dee, Diggs and others to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.  Still a little upset that we didn't get the touchdown called on third down right before Dak fumbled the ball in the end zone on 4th down.  Commentators sure thought it was a touchdown and they didn't even review it.  Glad it didn't cost them the game.  But going to OT always makes for an exciting game.  Glad to have a bye week so Dak's calf can heal.  Hope it's nothing serious.  We can't do it without him that's for sure. And I will add that his 445 yards passing were the most against a Bill Belichick coached Patriots team.