Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

Some Eagles fans are joking that offensive guard Jamon Brown should be moved to defensive end since he sacked Carson Wentz a couple of times yesterday. On a couple of the roll-out passes Jamon got a bit lost in space and ran over Wentz as he was looking for a defender to block, essentially sacking Wentz. It wasn't a great performance by Jamon Brown. The good news is he largely did the unthinkable by making Matt Pryor look good in comparison. Pryor should be back this week assuming he continues to test negative for Covid-19. He had to sit out this game because of contact with an infected person. Brandon Brooks is getting closer to coming back from his torn Achilles also.

Lane Johnson could be back at the right offensive tackle also and as always they expect DeSean Jackson back this week. Granted, this is like the fifth week in a row where they expect him back, but one of the times it has to be right. Jalen Reagor and Dallas Goedert are eligible to come off of IR this week, but no word on if either is healthy enough yet. Reagor's thumb is out of the brace which is a good sign, but we won't know if he'll be able to play until later. Dallas Goedert had a broken ankle and I haven't heard any updates on him. Oddly enough a broken ankle often heals faster than a high ankle sprain, so we'll have to see what happens there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

Here's something interesting---

Antonio Brown, remember him 😉....will be eligible to practice and play within two weeks....

One team that Antonio has ruled out is the Bears----the reason----Nick Foles is the QB....🤣

Guess he hasnt heard the saying "beggars cant be choosers"....(and the Bears havent really expressed any interest either).................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@redwingsgal 

Those Lions DID ROAR!!! CONGRATS!

YIPPEEEEE!!  But I realize it was the Jaguars!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@redwingsgal 

@redwingsgal 

A WIN is a WIN!!!  My team couldnt even beat a team that was 0-4.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

Here's something interesting---

Antonio Brown, remember him 😉....will be eligible to practice and play within two weeks....

One team that Antonio has ruled out is the Bears----the reason----Nick Foles is the QB....🤣

Guess he hasnt heard the saying "beggars cant be choosers"....(and the Bears havent really expressed any interest either).................

Nick is a pretty good QB for a receiver who likes deep balls. He'll hang the ball up with a lot of air under it for the receiver to track the ball. He's done it with a bunch of receivers with the Eagles. It's arguably his strong suit. Antonio Brown would find it to be a good fit.

The Eagles should have no interest in him. The kids (Greg Ward, Travis Fulgham, Jalen Reagor) pretty much are the future for the Eagles at WR. John Hightower, Quez Watkins, and JJ Arcega-Whiteside need to develop a bit more, but all have potential. When DeSean and Alshon get healthy they may not find a roster spot as the kids are playing better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The injury report for the Eagles isn't as bad as it could have been, but it's not great. Miles Sanders is likely out two weeks with a knee sprain, but nothing torn. Zach Ertz is out three to four weeks with a bad ankle. Right tackle Jack Driscoll is out multiple weeks as is defensive tackle Malik Jackson. Lane Johnson probably won't be ready this week. DeSean Jackson was supposed to be ready last week, but then reportedly told the Eagles he didn't feel ready and was kept out. Safety K'von Wallace is in a sling after his shoulder injury, but nothing was broken, so that's good. Dallas Goedert and Jalen Reagor are able to come off the IR list from a timing standpoint, but may not be ready yet. It looks like Brett Toth, our former Army guy who played his first ever NFL snaps on Sunday will be the starting right offensive tackle on Thursday. The Eagles may elevate Prine Tega-Wanogha to back up Toth. He's a left tackle but if Toth goes out Mailata might slide to right tackle and Prince would then go in at left tackle. Linebacker Duke Riley's ribs are getting a little better. Avonte Maddox may be able to return at corner.

It's getting a bit crazy, but the kids have done a pretty good job filling in so far. If we start getting players back, we could really be something. That's if we ever get players back. Sunday we'd had 21 offensive starters. We'll be adding at least two more to that list Thursday. Only two of the original eleven offensive starters are still starting in Jason Kelce and Carson Wentz. Everyone else is gone! We're about fourth deep at right guard now. Third deep at left tackle, third deep at right tackle, third deep at tight end, and fifth deep at wide receiver. Second deep at left guard. And somehow we went toe-to-toe with the Ravens and Steelers the last two weeks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

We start out this week with Covid-19 claiming our Thursday night game! Curse you Covid! Oh well, I'm sure the networks (Fox, NFL Network, and Amazon Prime) can figure out something else to show there. On to the Sunday games!

Denver goes to New England. New England, being New England isn't saying what Cam Newton's status is for this week. I'm going to assume he's still alive however and I'll take New England in this one.

Houston goes to Tennessee. Houston won a game after kicking out their old head coach. The Titans will be playing on a short week after having to constantly reschedule their schedule due to Covid. The Titans just beat the Bills, literally hours ago as I'm writing this Wednesday morning. I'm taking the Texans in the upset here. The Titans will think they can just cruise to victory and playing Tuesday night and Sunday at one PM doesn't give them a lot of time to rest and recover. Texans for the upset win.

Cleveland goes to Pittsburgh in what should be a pretty good game. The Eagles stayed very competitive with the Steelers last week which is either a good sign for the Eagles or a bad sign for the Steelers. The final score was a bit more lop-sided than the game as Eagles defensive coordinator had his defense playing to stop a first down instead of a touchdown late in the game and given a touchdown opportunity, Ben Roethlisberger took the touchdown. The Browns are playing decent football. I'll take the Steelers, but an upset wouldn't shock me.

And speaking of the Eagles, the Ravens come to Philly. In what can best be described as a miracle, Mayor Nannypants, er, Kenney, has now allowed fans (7,500 but it's better than none) into the stadium for Sunday's game restoring some measure of a home field advantage. Mayor Nannypants had been ordering all of the streets blocked around the stadium and threatened to arrest anyone who tried to get near it on game days. The fans should help motivate the Eagles. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. We only lost a couple of players to injury last week which was an improvement and the subs have been playing well. Travis Fulgham is showing what happens when you give Carson Wentz a real live NFL caliber wide receiver instead of nobody's off the street. Zach Ertz has been getting ripped rather badly for his recent play and may decide to show up for this game. I'm taking the Eagles in the upset. 

In one of the most anticipated games of the year, some football team from Washington takes on the Giants at Tear Up Your Knee field in New Jersey. That first overall pick in the NFL draft could rest on the outcome of this game. The team formerly known as the Redskins will be throwing recently concussed Kyle Allen onto the field as their starting QB with the one-legged wonder Alex Smith in reserve as they polish up the For Sale sign on last year's first round pick Dwayne Haskins. Who will win this game? Anyone who doesn't have to watch it. The Giants may have some momentum after nearly beating the Cowboys last week. I guess I'll take the Giants. At least they have a name for their team.

The Falcons who recently managed to get their head coach fired will be offering suggestions to the Vikings players who seem to be doing the same for their head coach. I'll give the edge to the Falcons who have already achieved their goal while the Vikings need to lose a few more games to get their head coach fired. The Falcons for the win.

Detroit goes to Jacksonville in yet another epic battle of two teams desperately trying to get their head coaches fired. (There seems to be a theme developing here.) Who will win? Uh, I don't know. I guess I'll take Jacksonville. 

The Bengals go to Indy in an odd game where neither head coach seems to be in jeopardy. The Bengals are riding the coattails of Joe Burrow as he learns how to be an NFL QB while the Colts are desperately hoping Philip Rivers' arm doesn't completely fall off. The Colts are the better team, but Joe Burrow is the better QB right now. I'm taking the Bengals here. They've been pretty competitive in every game and the kid's good. Rivers is more than a bit past his prime.

Chicago goes to Carolina. I'm loving what Matt Rhule has done in Carolina. They've become a very competitive team in a very short period of time. The Bears are a tricky team to pick as they ride the arm of Nick Foles who can be very hot or very, very cold and you never know which it will be. I'm going with the Panthers in the upset here.

The Jets take on the Dolphins. I'm typically a bit nervous picking Miami games as Ryan Fitzpatrick can be great or horrible and you never know which he'll be. The good news is even the horrible Fitzpatrick is better than the Jets. I'll take the Dolphins in this one.

Green Bay goes to Tampa in a showdown between two of the best QBs in the league. Tampa has the better weapons around Brady, but Rodgers somehow manages to find a way to win with whatever they put around him. (As long as Mike McCarthy isn't coaching him.) I'll take the Packers in this one.

The Rams take on the Niners. Desperation is starting to sink in for the Niners. They're in last place, three games behind the Seahawks. They're beat up and capable of losing to anyone. I've got to take the Rams in this one. That Super Bowl hangover is real.

The Chiefs take on the Bills. Both teams are surprisingly coming off a loss. I'm not sure KC ever truly loses a game though, they just run out of time to make a comeback more often than not. I'll take the Chiefs to rebound here.

Arizona goes to Dallas. Kliff Kingsbury is just drooling at the prospect of his offense facing this Cowboy defense. A read and react defense going against a high speed, well-oiled offense is a disaster in the making for the defense. By the time the Dallas defense reads and reacts the Cardinal receivers will be in the endzone. WIth or without Dak this game would be a handful for the Cowboys. Expect the Cowboys to dust off Ezekiel Elliott and run him into the ground in this game, but it won't be enough. The cards could put up 50 points against this defense. I'm taking the Cardinals in a romp. This one could get ugly.

Love your comment about the Chiefs!...Thank God we won!..it was a rainy cold day...I felt bad for them! Kelsey was amazing! Mahomes and others that are new to me!Heart

Honored Contributor

The Cards are pulling away. They finally got smart and stopped trying to hit Andy "Where's the ball?" Isabella on the deep ball, and threw it to Christian Kirk instead. Isabella was open twice deep and couldn't find the ball. Kirk didn't have that problem. Ezekiel Elliott's not having a great night so far with two fumbles.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kyler Murray had a bad night and the Cards still put up 38 points on that Dallas defense. That is an all-time bad defense. Those who said Andy Dalton was better than Dak will be eating their words. The Cowboys are in big, big trouble. They've got the WFT next week, then the Eagles, Steelers, Vikings, WFT again, Ravens, Bengals, Niners, Eagles again, and Giants. There are maybe three wins in that group of games. I'd say the Steelers, Ravens, Vikings, and Niners are almost certain losses. The Bengals aren't bad with Joe Burrow. The WFT and Giants are winnable games, but not if you give up 38 points to them. The Eagles, as banged up as they are, scored well against the Steelers and Ravens, two of the best defenses in the league. The Cowboys are not one of the best defenses in the league. 

It's hard to see a scenario where the Cowboys end up with more than six wins right now. That defense is such a mess. They need some big changes and Mike McCarthy may find himself on the outside looking in very soon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@redwingsgal 

Enjoy the victory. The Colts couldn't even beat the Jaguars. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain