Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman  No, not a fan of the red clapper. But my comment above is

not limited to him. I'm on the brink of wanting most of the defensive coaches gone

also. Marinelli, Richard, Bloom....they are all on my chopping block.

If the Cowboys lose, it won't be because they overlooked the Jets,

it will be because they were outcoached, again.

Happy Weekend Everyone. Enjoy your games.

Esteemed Contributor

Besides the Texan-Chiefs game, I'm interested in the Cowboys-Jets. I have the Jets' defense in a couple of fantasy lineups this week. That's probably risky, but I won't lose anything if they don't deliver. 

Also, I want to see who comes out on top in the Redskins-Dolphins game. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

@gardenman  No, not a fan of the red clapper. But my comment above is

not limited to him. I'm on the brink of wanting most of the defensive coaches gone

also. Marinelli, Richard, Bloom....they are all on my chopping block.

If the Cowboys lose, it won't be because they overlooked the Jets,

it will be because they were outcoached, again.

Happy Weekend Everyone. Enjoy your games.

@yellowrose 

But with Jerry Jones as the owner and a buttinsky, who views himself as a coach, "the clapper" is the only type of coach that would agree to work for the Cowboys.....just like Snyder with my Redskins...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

i swear sometimes the NFL is just going to take everything that could be fun and interesting out of the game!

NFL Bans Dropkick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-bans-ravens-crazy-kickoff-dropkick-after-watching-baltimore-u...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i swear sometimes the NFL is just going to take everything that could be fun and interesting out of the game!

NFL Bans Dropkick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-bans-ravens-crazy-kickoff-dropkick-after-watching-baltimore-u...

@sunshine45 

Whoever gave the NFL the monnicker..."The No Fun League" was right.... for a 63 billion dollar company and America's favorite sport they make a LOT of bad decisions....Woman Frustrated

BTW sad that Ray Lewis had to drop out of DWTS....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Harbaugh had permission to use the dropkick, so why the change now? It didn't even work in his favor, as KC still won the game.  Sometimes the NFL doesn't make sense. 

On a side note: if NE had used the dropkick, would the NFL react the same way? 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

i know.....i was upset that ray had to drop out of dwts!  Smiley Sad

his injury did look bad though.

was hoping to see him on for a least a few weeks.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's game day!!! The Eagles go to Minnesota in the first of three straight road games. (The schedule makers did this because they were sure the Phillies would make the playoffs and there could be conflicts if the Eagles played in Philly during the MLB playoffs. Note to schedule makers: Never assume the Phillies will be good. Assume they'll be bad and you'll be farther ahead.)

This will be an interesting matchup. The Eagles are good at defending the run, not so great at defending the pass. The Vikings, despite having great receivers, prefer to run the ball. The Eagles defensive backs are slowly, oh so slowly, getting healthy again and we'll have Sidney Jones back again this week at cornerback, but he hasn't been great when healthy. The Vikings should be able to pass the ball on the Eagles, but they don't like to pass the ball.

The Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz let slip a few years ago his secret for defending against Kirk Cousins. (This was back when Kirk was with the Redskins.) He'd discovered that if you sent a late blitz, Kirk would hurry his throw and either be inaccurate or throw it to a defender. A lot of quarterbacks you like to disguise your blitzes so they don't see it coming, but a blitz that Cousins sees coming was more effective against him. Expect to see a few late blitzes coming right in Kirk Cousins' face today to try and rattle him and get him to throw a ball up for grabs.

There's still no DeSean Jackson as he recovers from his abdominal strain, so we're not likely to be overly successful on deep passes. Nelson Agholor has been off this year. He gets open but then drops the pass and he's not great at tracking the deep balls. He'll turn left and the ball goes right, or he'll turn right and the ball goes left. Seeing the ball leave the quarterback's hand and then knowing where it'll go, and tracking it down is a skill that Agholor has never quite developed. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I think the Eagles will eke out the win somehow. It may take a last-second play to do it, but I've got us winning this one.

Our second game today will be the Cowboys at the Jets. That Jets defense looks like the real deal. Sam Darnold back at QB should help the offense a bit. It could be a pretty good game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

No Colts today so the early games are Seahawks @ Browns (FOX)  and Bengals @ Ravens (CBS.) 

The later game is Cowboys @ NYJets on CBS. 

I'm not sure which game to watch; probably will switch between the two stations. 

I don't get NFL Network, so will have to see highlights of Bucs-Panthers online. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Harbaugh had permission to use the dropkick, so why the change now? It didn't even work in his favor, as KC still won the game.  Sometimes the NFL doesn't make sense. 

On a side note: if NE had used the dropkick, would the NFL react the same way? 

@teganslaw 

Your right, if that was the Patriots the NFL would come out and say just another new and inventive twist by coaching genius Belichick....Woman Frustrated