Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2018NFL Regular season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I'll be watching the Redskins/Panthers, then the Cowboys/Jags and then the Pats/Chiefs. It should be a fun day of football.

As to Jay Gruden, the Redskins, and their tight ends, I think the big issue is that Alex Smith is used to throwing to Travis Kelce and hasn't adjusted to the new tight ends. Jay Gruden and the Redskins are married to Alex Smith having just endured an ugly breakup with Kirk Cousins. They may now be realizing they got the 49ers version of Alex Smith and not the KC version.

Andy Reid is a quarterback whisperer. Any quarterback playing for him plays the best in his career while with Andy. No former Andy Reid quarterback has gone someplace else and excelled. Andy can take a cast off, make him look great, then find someone new and repeat it again. Alex Smith was beat out by Kaepernick when with the Niners. He then became a Pro Bowl player under Andy. Now Andy has Patrick Mahomes. Andy Reid has never found himself in a Browns type situation where he didn't have a good QB. He had McNabb then when McNabb got hurt he slid in AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb, Jeff Garcia, Nick Foles, and Michael Vick, all of who played their best under Andy. He then went to KC and got Alex Smith. When Alex Smith got hurt he plugged in Foles again. Now he's got Mahomes who is lighting up the league. I don't think Andy's just been incredibly lucky, but he's got something special with quarterbacks. He can just make a guy excel. I'd be scared to death betting my coaching career on using an Andy Reid cast off as my QB. Andy Reid knows when to hold them and when to fold them. When he folds on a QB, run away from the guy.

@gardenman

He maybe a QB whisperer and can teach QBs, and lead them to a successful career, and then know when to dump them.  But it may just be his offense and system and getting the right role players around the QB....  But as far as his resume...as a head coach---- only one Super Bowl apperance back in 2004 and that was a loss........ 

Joe Gibbs WON 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBS...and one of them was chatterbox Joey Theismann---Coach Joe deserves extra credit for that alone.....Woman LOL   (Joey T and Doug Williams were also castoffs--Joey T came from the CFL and went to the Redskins as a punt returner, Doug Williams floundered with John Mc Kay and the Bucs....Marc Rypien was drafted in the 6th round)...............So Coach Gibbs is my choice for QB whisperer.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

Congrats! Your Redskins did it ... and they are still in first place in the NFC East! Woman Happy 

@yellowBeetle

Thank you! I Iike way the Redskins came out aggresively on offense and defense....And hey Gruden actually got TEs Davis and Reed involved.....AP had a good day, but not enough Richardson (long passes)....and the offense bogged down in the second half and the Red Zone play calling was awful and we settled for FGs...But the defense created turnovers and even Josh Norman woke up.....and they hung on for a win!!!

Next up Dallas at Fed Ex....and anything can happen when the Redskins/Cowboys meet........  Dallas beat the Jags (what the heck has happened  to the Jags---from Super Bowl aspirations to 2 losses in a row.in pitiful performances...)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

Congrats! Your Redskins did it ... and they are still in first place in the NFC East! Woman Happy 

@yellowBeetle

Thank you! I Iike way the Redskins came out aggresively on offense and defense....And hey Gruden actually got TEs Davis and Reed involved.....AP had a good day, but not enough Richardson (long passes)....and the offense bogged down in the second half and the Red Zone play calling was awful and we settled for FGs...But the defense created turnovers and even Josh Norman woke up.....and they hung on for a win!!!

Next up Dallas at Fed Ex....and anything can happen when the Redskins/Cowboys meet........  Dallas beat the Jags (what the heck has happened  to the Jags---from Super Bowl aspirations to 2 losses in a row....)

@Spurt

Next week's showdown will be a biggie! Either the Redskins will hold onto their #1 status in the NFC East ... or the Cowboys will take over the top spot. (Unfortunately for my Eagles, no matter what they do against the Panthers next Sunday they cannot take the #1 spot ... unless ... if the Eagles won and the Redskins/Cowboys tied, then I'm not sure who would be #1!! Woman Wink)

The Cowboys certainly looked sharp in both their offense and defense against JAX ... but they have not done well on the road this year. So I think your Redskins will have the edge!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

@yellowBeetle

Next up Dallas at Fed Ex....and anything can happen when the Redskins/Cowboys meet........  Dallas beat the Jags (what the heck has happened  to the Jags---from Super Bowl aspirations to 2 losses in a row....)

@Spurt

Next week's showdown will be a biggie! Either the Redskins will hold onto their #1 status in the NFC East ... or the Cowboys will take over the top spot. (Unfortunately for my Eagles, no matter what they do against the Panthers next Sunday they cannot take the #1 spot ... unless ... if the Eagles won and the Redskins/Cowboys tied, then I'm not sure who would be #1!! Woman Wink)

The Cowboys certainly looked sharp in both their offense and defense against JAX ... but they have not done well on the road this year. So I think your Redskins will have the edge!

@yellowBeetle

Thanks for your vote of support!  The Cowboys dominated the Jags but Dak with all those rushing yards and little passing isnt a good sign....but they did get the ball to Beasley which they should've done long ago......

Honored Contributor

The Eagles face the Panthers and Jags. Those games looked really tough earlier, but neither team has looked great lately. We need a win this week to keep up with the rest of the East. Cam Newton drives me a bit nuts when he pauses at the start of a series and closes his eyes while he prays or something. Then between plays he'll often waste a few seconds getting to the line. I want my QB looking at and trying to read the defense when he's on the field. Cam spends a lot of time doing other stuff.

The Jags had hoped the Blake Bottles they saw at the end of the year would be back, but it doesn't look that way.

It's always tough picking who to root for when two NFC East rivals play, but I'll probably pull for the Redskins this week. That Cowboys d-line will be a problem for them, but the Redskins might just be able to hold them in check.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

We are ready in Chiefs Kingdom!!!!!

Chiefs_logo2.jpg

We almost made it too...heartbreaking! Woman Mad

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

another great night game going on tonight!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

another great night game going on tonight!

Sure was--good job Mason Crosby.