Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

@paixmcdao wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

The good news is they got his heart restarted. What we don't know is how much damage was done. This has been happening to athletes a lot. Mainly soccer players having heart attacks on the field. Some tennis players also. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but we'll have to see.

Which soccer players had heart attacks on the field? 

There have been quite a few. If you Google "soccer players heart attacks" you can find out a lot more. Five died right around Christmas 2021. The numbers are getting quite large.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

too many young healthy men are having heart attacks. There is a suspected cause, but not yet totally proven(that i know of). I hope this isn't just the beginning. So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hamlin is in critical condition. It's too early to tell if there will be any prolonged damage to his heart. 

I never expected them to continue playing after the incident. It would have been insensitive to do so.  Right now seeding and playoffs aren't that important. The main thing is to hope Hamlin will be OK. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Hamlin is in critical condition. It's too early to tell if there will be any prolonged damage to his heart. 

I never expected them to continue playing after the incident. It would have been insensitive to do so.  Right now seeding and playoffs aren't that important. The main thing is to hope Hamlin will be OK. 

@teganslaw 

I'm with you I never anticipated them finishing the game with a player's life hanging in the balance.  I couldn't understand why it took so long to decide that, yes they had to check with Goodell and the NFLPA....the NFL is so slow in taking action on anything (just like my teams investigations....SMH)..Everything else is unimportant regarding rescheduling the game, the week 18 schedule and playoffs....figure that out later....

PRAYERS FOR HAMLIN 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I wonder if they could just call the Monday night game a tie. It's a terrible situation. Praying.