Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

Washington NFL fans are NOT happy after being eliminated from the playoffs....... most want the entire coaching staff fired....During the game fans were screaming Heinicke's name after Wentz's poor play.....Hey Rivera you could have kept SOME fans happy by inserting Heinicke or even Howell.....This was an interesting comment from a Browns defensive player who called Rivera's decision to play Wentz a great Christmas gift to the Browns .  Several observers said it was as if the announcement of Wentz starting made the team come out even flatter than usual......Rivera's fault!

https://twitter.com/Raggs_No_Riches/status/1609686416170143749/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%...

But Wentz was not alone...the media called out poor plays by Kendall Fuller who doesn't know how to tackle, Obade who missed sacks due to his non-awareness, Schweitzer who was no Einstein----low snaps and responsible for multiple pressures...and he's not even supposed to be a center! Charles Leno...poor pass protection---4 pressures and a sack, David Mayo described as JUST AWFUL and THE ENTIRE WASHINGTON COACHING STAFF-- UNPREPARED AND OUTCOACHED!!!

The only kudos were for Daron Payne who will probably be mistakenly let go instead of re-signed.....Chase Young played pretty well after a long lay off due to injury, and Brian Robinson who continues to run hard!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @yellowBeetle @sunshine45 and all NFL fans----

Just when you thought Washington's lackadaisical performance and being kicked out of the playoffs was bad, Snyder and Company debut another "stellar" announcement from management.....No its not the name of the new team owner.....Its the name of the team's new mascot......drum roll please----

May I present  "MAJOR TUDDY"

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Cadeaux/status/1609630176798703622/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5E... 

Yep, now I understand what the team was trying to do....connect the new team name, with a mascot that would also make a connection to some Redskin history----hence on Washington's social media and website a few days ago a hint was given by a salute to one of the best o-lines in NFL History  ---THE HOGS--- and the special players---Grimm, Bostic, Lachey, Schlereth, Jacoby, McKenzie, Mark May, George Starke... This gets better folks ---- The mascots name is not "Boss Hog" "LIEUTENANT" "MAJOR" or something else that would have made sense and NOT be offensive, now what the team chose is "MAJOR TUDDY"....which is supposed to be a play on words for touchdown.......However a trip to the dictionary shows a "tuddy" is a nickname for "butt", "bum", "bootie", "rear end", "fanny".....you get the picture so in other words a slap in the face to Washington fans and "the real hog players"...much like Sean Taylor's memorial which was displayed right near a row of PORT-A-POTTIES....This organization can't get anything right....One fan said gee even the name of Crisp P Bacon would've been better..😆..As one Washington fan pleaded and begged...,JEFF BEZOS PLEASE COME AND SAVE US!!!

Now the actual choice was down to two----the Hog....or the Military Canine Dog.....and a poll showed 81% voted for the Hog, but instead of a Porky Pig lookalike all the artistic fans had more of a ferocious Wild Hog image in mind instead 

https://images.app.goo.gl/Boq7RqafW5JzEbWWA

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbroadleafgame.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the name is that bad. One of the hosts of Fantasy Headliners often refers to touchdowns as "tuddies." That's where I first heard the name. 

I'm surprised that Ron Rivera didn't know the Commanders were eliminated from the playoffs. It seems to me that coaches would follow playoff scenarios. Maybe he had other things on his mind. 

Kayvon Thibodeaux is being criticized for celebrating after sacking Foles. That's the play where Foles was injured where Thibodeaux was shown to be making snow angels and acting while Foles was down. Maybe he didn't know Foles had been injured, but it didn't look right at the time and IMO was rather tasteless. I hope the coach said something to him afterwards. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I don't think the name is that bad. One of the hosts of Fantasy Headliners often refers to touchdowns as "tuddies." That's where I first heard the name. 

I'm surprised that Ron Rivera didn't know the Commanders were eliminated from the playoffs. It seems to me that coaches would follow playoff scenarios. Maybe he had other things on his mind. 

Kayvon Thibodeaux is being criticized for celebrating after sacking Foles. That's the play where Foles was injured where Thibodeaux was shown to be making snow angels and acting while Foles was down. Maybe he didn't know Foles had been injured, but it didn't look right at the time and IMO was rather tasteless. I hope the coach said something to him afterwards. 

@teganslaw 

I never heard the name of "tuddies"....

My sister was telling me about Foles, Thibodeaux and the snow angels...I hope he gets fined.

The Giants, Jets, Chargers, and Packers are the only NFL teams without a mascot....My sister insists the black cat that lives at the Meadowlands Stadium and runs onto the field occasionally IS the Giants mascot---I told her the cat is NOT recognized by the NFL....she says that because she has a black cat and considers him the Giants good luck charm 🙄....SMH

Some commentator said there was a slim 31% chance of Washington getting in the playoffs but I read they were eliminated and OUT!!! Maybe Rivera heard the same guy I did who was incorrect......

Respected Contributor

Yay! The Lions are coming alive! So happy to see them winning.

Honored Contributor

Coaches can go crazy and get distracted with all of the playoff possibilities, so most just ignore it and let one of the team's PR people tell them if they're in or not. I don't have an issue with Rivera knowing it or not. Mascots in football are a little stupid as there's not a lot to do other than stand around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

what a horrible scene on the field for MNF.

prayers for damar hamlin and his family, friends, and teammates.

he is currently in the hospital in critical condition.

his mother was at the game and watching this all unfold.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So horrible, no words. I pray he will survive.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

The good news is they got his heart restarted. What we don't know is how much damage was done. This has been happening to athletes a lot. Mainly soccer players having heart attacks on the field. Some tennis players also. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but we'll have to see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The good news is they got his heart restarted. What we don't know is how much damage was done. This has been happening to athletes a lot. Mainly soccer players having heart attacks on the field. Some tennis players also. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but we'll have to see.

Which soccer players had heart attacks on the field? 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag