Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Colts are going with Nick Foles as QB this week. Based on his performance Monday, the Giants should easily win. (This will make SPURT'S sister happy.) They also have Thibodeaux, who will add extra pressure. The Colts' defense has been doing good, but with no offense, they don't get anywhere.

Indy has 5th place in the draft order right now. I don't expect significant changes in that. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman   I'm all about the bengals with hometown Joe Burrow leading his pack. I'm all about the Bengals in the Super Bowl in February - Would love to see this team reign in 2023!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts are going with Nick Foles as QB this week. Based on his performance Monday, the Giants should easily win. (This will make SPURT'S sister happy.) They also have Thibodeaux, who will add extra pressure. The Colts' defense has been doing good, but with no offense, they don't get anywhere.

Indy has 5th place in the draft order right now. I don't expect significant changes in that. 

@teganslaw 

You don't know the half of it we had to endure----we went out to eat with friends Christmas Eve ......my sister's Giant's game was still going on, she watched the game on her phone....it was embarrassing because she was giving her commentary out loud and we kept telling her to be quiet they're gonna kick us out of the restaurant...SMH 🫣🙄..

It was funny because another couple sitting in a different part of the restaurant must've heard us....they had a different waitress and we heard her as she asked,

"what game are you watching on your phone?" SO EMBARRASSING.....And of course my sister was upset because the Giants lost....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@gardenman   I'm all about the bengals with hometown Joe Burrow leading his pack. I'm all about the Bengals in the Super Bowl in February - Would love to see this team reign in 2023!

@PINKdogWOOD 

I like "Joe cool" and the Bengals.....one of my cats fav football team 😸🐯

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Spurt,I can see how the restaurant experience with your sister is embarrassing, but it also is funny. If it was too much, you could have pretended you weren't related to her. Woman LOL

The Raiders are starting Jarrett Stidham the next two games. Speculation is that the team is resting Derek Carr to maintain his health, therefore making it easier to set up a potential trade. Carr has a no trade clause in his contract, so they would probably release him rather than trading. Everything points to the Raiders moving on from Carr. They want to see what they have in Stidham. I don't know what will happen if that doesn't work out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman 

Just read on another post that you found a safe home for your kitties!!! That is wonderful news...congrats!!!🎉🎊🎉 Best wishes to you!!!😊

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@gardenman 

Just read on another post that you found a safe home for your kitties!!! That is wonderful news...congrats!!!🎉🎊🎉 Best wishes to you!!

@gardenman @yellowBeetle 

Thats FANTASTIC that you found a place for your kitties....and hope and pray youll get your apartment and be reunited with them sooner than expected.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Spurt,I can see how the restaurant experience with your sister is embarrassing, but it also is funny. If it was too much, you could have pretended you weren't related to her. Woman LOL

The Raiders are starting Jarrett Stidham the next two games. Speculation is that the team is resting Derek Carr to maintain his health, therefore making it easier to set up a potential trade. Carr has a no trade clause in his contract, so they would probably release him rather than trading. Everything points to the Raiders moving on from Carr. They want to see what they have in Stidham. I don't know what will happen if that doesn't work out. 

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw 

The 4 of us wanted to ask if we could move to a different table and leave my sis to cheer her Giants on alone .....LOL

Honored Contributor

If anyones bored and missing football The Alamo Bowl is on ESPN tonight Thursday 8pm ct from our fair city....Texas vs Washington......

Honored Contributor

Lots of QB chaos going on around the league. The Raiders are benching Carr in favor of Jarret Stidham. At the order of the owner or head coach? The Raiders have to decide if McDaniels is their head coach next year and may want to see how his longer term QB Stidham plays in the system to try and determine if it's the QB or the coach. If Stidham looks awful playing in this system it might convince them the problem is the coach. (Who might be blaming Carr instead of his coaching.)

A whole lot riding on these last two regular season games for a lot of coaches and QBs. Wentz and Rivera both need Wentz to look good and get Washington into the playoffs. McDaniels needs Stidham to play well to save his job. Carr needs Stidham to look worse than Carr to stay a Raider. The Colts, Saints, Bucs, Falcons, and more are watching all of the pending free agents to find a guy who they hope will be "the guy" for them going forward. (They're very unlikely to find him.) Daniel Jones could get pretty rich if he plays well. The QB roulette wheel will have lots of options this off season. I'm not sure how good any of them will be. Teams will be going insane studying film of the college kids and trying to figure out which one might work out. It's going to be an interesting off season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!