Honored Contributor

Week Seventeen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

We start out this week with the Cowboys playing the Titans. I'll take the Titans.

No Saturday games this week. Sunday starts off with Arizona at Atlanta. Neither team is going anywhere. I guess I'll take the Falcons.

Chicago goes to Detroit to help keep the Lions' playoff hopes alive. I'll take the Lions. 

The Jags go to Houston. Houston is getting dangerously close to losing that first overall pick so they need to lose this one. I'll take the Jags.

Denver goes to KC to get spanked. no contest. I'll take the Chiefs.

Miami goes to New England in what could be a pretty good game. We'll have to see. I give a slight edge to the Dolphins.

The Colts go to Tear Up Your Knee Field to take on the Giants. I've got the Giants in this one.

The Saints come to Philly and the Eagles players are a mite bit testy after losing last week. I'll take the Eagles in this one.

Carolina goes to Tampa. Brady should get the win. It probably won't be pretty though.

The Browns face the Commanders. The Browns are a mess. The Commanders will have someone at QB who should be better. I'll take the Commanders.

The Niners take on the Raiders. The Niners should get the win.

The Jets and Seahawks battle it out. The Jets and their QB situation isn't ideal. I'll take Seattle.

The Vikings take on the Packers. I'll take the Vikings in this one.

The Rams and Chargers fight it out to see which handful of fans of either team shows up for the game. I'll give an edge to the Chargers.

The Steelers take on the Ravens. I'll give a slight edge to the Ravens.

The Bills and Bengals give us a playoff preview on Monday night. I'll take the Bills.

My last weekly countdown from my old home. For the foreseeable future, I'll be posting from hotel Wi-Fi for better or worse. Have a great week of football.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

I'll take the Cowboys ⭐️ ....Chief's....Bengals.....Vikings

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

well Rivera has made his QB starter for Washington and it's Wentz....I don't understand why he doesn't throw the ball down field and never seems to look for Terry like Heinecke does AND FINDS HIM OPEN!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman 

I just read about your current situation on another thread and wanted to send my best wishes to you. 

But I also wanted to give you the name of a local nonprofit animal rescue group who might be able to find a foster home for your two cats until you are able to care for them again. I will not give their email address but if you look them up on Google you will find all of the info you need. They are called "Andy's Friends" and they serve DE, PA, and NJ. They are a wonderful organization and I really think they could find a temporary foster home for your two cats. Good luck to you! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for that. I'll look them up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

well Rivera has made his QB starter for Washington and it's Wentz....I don't understand why he doesn't throw the ball down field and never seems to look for Terry like Heinecke does AND FINDS HIM OPEN!!!!

@Spurt 

To me, this move has Dan Snyder's fingerprints all over it!!!😉 I do not think Rivera, the team, or the fans wanted Heinicke to be benched. But Snyder is still in charge, and imo, he wanted to give his hand-picked QB Wentz one last chance. Hopefully for the Commanders it will work out...but I think it was a shabby thing to do, to ditch Heinicke after all he has done since October.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW week 17 already why does the NFL season go by so fast 😥...

Here's my picks 

Cowboys vs Titans---- Like the Waylon Jennings song---T'S for Texas, T'S for Tennessee---- unfortunately the Titans have been struggling a bit....It breaks my heart to go with the COWBOYS--- I have an ulterior motive maybe the Cowboys will rest their starters when they play Washington to help my team SQUEEZE into the playoffs---fingers crossed...🫣

Cardinals vs Falcons--- battle of the birds----I'll take the FALCONS at home.....

Bears vs Lions----The Lions need this game to stay in the playoff hunt after a HUGE disappointment last week....LIONS will bring it! 🦁

Jaguars vs Texans---what the heck is Lovie doing trying to be competitive and fighting to win....Do like the Houston Rockets and TANK IT to get the first pick in the draft...and in the NFL there's no fighting ping pong balls either to determine draft selection....JAGUARS looking good for the future...

Broncos vs Chiefs--- Teams in opposite ends of the Power Rankings....CHIEFS...no contest 

Dolphins vs Patriots--- Tua in protocol concussion  AGAIN-----40% chanceof rain.....I'm taking the PATRIOTS 

Colts vs Giants---A MUST win for the GMEN and Danny Dimes playing for his job---GIANTS with a WIN 

Saints vs Eagles---Last week was a wake up call for the Eagles---I think they'll be back on track---EAGLES with the "W"

Panthers vs Bucs--- surprising Panthers got a solid win over a Lion team lurking in the playoff hunt.....But will Tom Brady will his Buc team to victory and show the NFL he's not yet done playing football .....I'm taking THE BUCS 

Browns vs Washington---A MUST WIN for Washington and Wentz will start----despite the Browns with Watson at center they haven't been playing well...should've stuck with Baker..Washington needs to stop the stupid penalties and no turnovers please if the want to grab a WIN..WASHINGTON PLEASE COME THROUGH PLEASE 🙏

49ers vs Raiders----49ers are the best team in the NFC right now! JMHO....49ers continue to roll on

Jets vs Seahawks----SEAHAWKS at home

Vikings vs Packers---amazing how the Pack got back in the hunt....weather won't help ...no frozen tundra this game why it will almost be a "spring like" day in Wisconsin with temperature in the mid 30s.....Vikings have more talent and will get the WIN 

Rams vs Chargers---Chargers look playoff ready..Rams will have a interesting off season...CHARGERS 

Steelers vs Ravens  ---the question is will Lamar play???? I'm going with the upset and THE STEELERS 

Bills vs Bengals--- will either team hold back not wanting to disclose their full playbook thinking of a possible meeting in the playoffs for the AFC CROWN????? Interesting game on many levels...I think Josh Allen wants a win.....BILLS

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

@gardenman Take care as you transition in your new surroundings....Wishing you the best for you and your kitties 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

its been an interesting year of football, thats for sure!

ravens are flexed out to the sunday night game..... BRRRRRRR! the daytime temperatures are expected to be 56......nighttime 38.

ravens and steelers usually put on a good show. this year, who knows?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

@Spurt 

To me, this move has Dan Snyder's fingerprints all over it!!!😉 I do not think Rivera, the team, or the fans wanted Heinicke to be benched. But Snyder is still in charge, and imo, he wanted to give his hand-picked QB Wentz one last chance. Hopefully for the Commanders it will work out...but I think it was a shabby thing to do, to ditch Heinicke after all he has done since October.  

@yellowBeetle 

I think Dan Snyder has gotten tired of the mess and all the  investigations and is waving the white flag--- he's had enough----he is now looking to make a nice wad of cash as he gets kicked to the curb.....the other owners are tired of losing money because of Snyder's "games", and I don't mean football, lousy attendance, misappropriation of finances, unable to get a partner with any local governments in the vicinity on a stadium deal.....ALL the negatives have converged into one heck of a mess he can't find a way out of....Oh he may play a few games regarding the sale but the other NFL owners won't let him drag his feet especially when it involves league revenues and money.....

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt 

I agree that Dan Snyder realizes "the jig is up" and he knows his days in the NFL are numbered...thank goodness!😉 But this benching of Heinicke and reinstatement of Wentz does strike me as a last gasp effort by Snyder of exercising his control over the team. As far as who would play better in these final two games, a case could be made for both Wentz and Heinicke. But it seems very unfair to Heinicke to bench him at this late stage, after he has played his heart out since taking over in October. He has not done as well in these last few games, but he definitely was instrumental in those earlier wins that got them to their current #7 seed status.😊