Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

2/2/22......that is the big day when washington announces their new team name. word on the streets around here  is that they are going to go with the ADMIRALS 

BR was tearing up last night and i am sure it was an emotional game for him. he is not a favorite of mine, but i know he probably has a huge fan base and that game was a bittersweet one.

well, ONE of the things that had to happen for the ravens to move forward happened last night (the steelers win).......four more to go. LOL

@sunshine45 

Yep, I read that GROUND HOG DAY is the day chosen for the WFT to announce their new nickname....if ADMIRALS or COMMANDERS I'll be FURIOUS!.😫🤢🤮 Really sounds like a MINOR league football team which my Redskins come to think of it have evolved to... ....I was hoping for Redwolves or even the Hogs ....but I heard trademark issues....

Isnt there controversey brewing in the military these days (regarding military personnel and vaccines, and other people being court marshalled for their beliefs) so there's potential for CONTROVERSEY....which I thought they were avoiding at all costs for mascots these days....

San Antonio is a military city yet we havent gone with military mascots with minor league football teams, college, NBA, soccer, we've gone the old west route or a critter from the area (Cardinals, Roadrunners, Scorpions) except for minor league baseball--they changed from The Missions to the spanish word for FLIP FLOPS LOL!!!..... I dont know why MD/DC/VA is so stuck with military or politics for a nickname... And that MLB mascot, The Nationals...🤢🤮 ...and when I here them called "TheNats" all I can think of is GNATS....LOL Glad your Baltimore team got RAVENS as a tribute to Edgar Allan Poe...

Who knows maybe Ill take a "leave of absence" on Washington until Dan Snyder is forced to sell the team---Its odd considering how tolerant the NFL League has been to the lousy attendance Washington is getting at home these days.... ( a "leave of absence" would be similar to what my aunt did as a long time  Cowboy fan when Jerry Jones took over and fired her beloved Tom Landry)....... 

JMHO---just move the Washington football team to an NFL starved, football crazy town like mine and we can change everything----- colors, name,mascot and start over....thats how we got our NBA Spurs, we bought the NBA Dallas Chapparals from Dallas and did a makeover and eventually 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS 😁 (thank you Dallas, and their replacement NBA Mavericks have won ONE in 2011--LOL)...I can continue to hope and pray.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Couldn't agree more, @Spurt , 'Admirals' would be awful.

I'd heard some speculation about 'Hogs' (those were the days).  I'm an old fan from the RFK Stadium days.  I'll watch to see what stunt Snyder pulls next but I don't follow the game anymore.  Waste of time.

BTW:  The Nats used to be the Senators and before that they were known as the Nationals or the Senators (you may already know - don't mean to condescend!).

There is still hope for MLB in DC, I think.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Couldn't agree more, @Spurt , 'Admirals' would be awful.

I'd heard some speculation about 'Hogs' (those were the days).  I'm an old fan from the RFK Stadium days.  I'll watch to see what stunt Snyder pulls next but I don't follow the game anymore.  Waste of time.

BTW:  The Nats used to be the Senators and before that they were known as the Nationals or the Senators (you may already know - don't mean to condescend!).

There is still hope for MLB in DC, I think.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

We are in total agreement...

---yep knew the Nats were previously the Senators and the NATS is the revised unoffical nickname for the Nationals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”