Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

Happy 2022 to all of my fellow football lovers! May this year be MUCH better than the one we are leaving behind. I am already feeling sad that the end of the season is coming to a close very shortly.

Enjoy the games!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

GAMES IN OUR AREA.

early afternoon game

FOX.......RAMS at RAVENS 

late afternoon game

FOX......CARDINALS at COWBOYS

CBS......BRONCOS at CHARGERS

SNL

NBC......VIKINGS at PACKERS

MNL

ESPN.........BROWNS at STEELERS

ESPN2......Peyton and Eli with MNF

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's game day! Finally! I got used to Thursday and Saturday games and then they took them away!

The Eagles meander down to the DC area (somewhere) to play the team now known as the WFT. (Though that name, such as it is, should change in 2022. Sure, just as I'm finally getting used to it.) Expect the Eagles to run the ball a lot. Judging by the social media posts, it looks like it'll be a road home game for the Eagles as much of the fanbase seems to have bought tickets for the game and are heading to wherever it is the WFT play. Assuming they can figure out where they play. It's down there somewhere south of us.

I'd love for this to be a blowout win for the Eagles, and that's possible, but I'm not expecting it. The WFT players are likely a little tiffed about being embarrassed by the Cowboys last week and will be looking to remind the GM that they're not as bad as they looked last week. (If they are as bad as they looked last week, they'll all be out of work this time next year.) 

The Eagles have a bit of a habit of starting slow, really, really slow, then playing well later. A fast start would be a nice change. Cruising to an easy win would be a nice belated Christmas present for the Eagles fanbase. Sadly, it probably won't happen. I'll take a win however we get it. Jordan Howard is expected to play. His shoulder pads will be interesting to see. In practice the other day he had shoulder pads that were twice the normal size. 

Game two today will be the Cowboys and Cards. Will the Cardinals ever win a game again? They've gone from talk of Kliff Kingsbury being coach of the year to Kliff Kingsbury possibly being fired. Suffice to say it's been an interesting year for them.

And finally, we get to see the Packers take on whoever the Vikings can dredge up to play QB. Kirk Cousins is out due to covid. They did reactivate Sean Mannion and he'll likely get the start. Kellen Mond is next in line behind Mannion.

It should be a good day of football watching.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Wentz was activated off the Covid list and is expected to clear the rest of the protocols in order to play. 

Early games: NYG at Chicago (CBS); Las Vegas at Indy (FOX)

Later game: Arizona at Dallas (FOX)

The Colts are usually on CBS, so I don't know why it's changed today.  Mantra is "win, we're in" . Not sure what lose is. Maybe "lose, sing the blues"?

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have a serious question......

what will happen if we get down to the final two teams and one team or BOTH teams have players with covid on the day before the big game or on game day? they will be out, correct?

@sunshine45 

Yep, I think your right...

A player must clear at least 24 hours since their last fever without the aid of fever-reducing medication; other symptoms must be “resolved or improved”; the individual must be cleared by team doctor in consultation with ICS and NFL, and any local regulations or requirements have been satisfied. Vaccinated players can still come back earlier if the meet the NFL's testing criteria.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The "big games" (Conference championships and Super Bowl) are pretty much locked in time wise. The wildcard games are a bit more flexible. If a "star" player were to need another 24 hours to play in a wildcard game, the league might just delay a game. They did a couple of weeks ago. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our local games----

EARLY GAMES---

Rams vs Ravens

Chiefs vs Bengals 

LATE GAME----

Cardinals vs Cowboys 

SNF---

Vikings vs Packers

MNF--

Browns vs Steelers

• GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Its 33 degrees here in South Texas with a high expected of 49.....they had the Fox Meteorologist give stadium weather report on the Fox Pre-Game Show and the high in MD/VA/DC is 63...WOW! It's colder in TX than your area....of course its been in the upper 70's and 83 the last couple weeks here---WAY ABOVE normal for even us....so HAPPY for the cooler weather!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

It's 66 degrees here today and 3"-6" of snow tomorrow. Yikes!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

It's 66 degrees here today and 3"-6" of snow tomorrow. Yikes!

@gardenman 

Ya dont know whether you should bring out the shorts and short sleeves or a sweater or jacket....CRAZY WEATHER !!!! A variety of clothing is needed for even a week these days....🩳👕👖🧥