Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

Some really NICE news regarding the WFT

for a change----The NFL Players Association announced on Friday that Charles Leno WFT's LT was named the NFLPA's  Community MVP for this week.  It’s the second year in a row that Leno’s off-field work has been recognized by the NFLPA. Leno organized a “Leno Claus” initiative over 25 days of December that saw him partner with non-profits for the first 20 days to address issues like clean water availability, homelessness, animal rescue, and educational projects. Over the final five days, Leno helped out individuals who have been hard hit by the pandemic or battling illnesses including cancer.

And then there's some BAD news----RB Gibson and O-Lineman Flowers are on the COVID list....😫😪

And not just the WFT with bad news, the Viking's Kirk Cousins has Covid he will be OUT for Sunday's game.....

Things could be worse...Baker Mayfield is getting death threats after his 4 interceptions/poor play SMH! Smiley Surprised....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt death threats are unacceptable! People need to gain some perspective as to what really matters in this world. @gardenman  I picked seven games differently from you - but you said many could go either way. I hope they go my way because someone moved ahead of me in the family pooI.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@Spurt death threats are unacceptable! People need to gain some perspective as to what really matters in this world. @gardenman  I picked seven games differently from you - but you said many could go either way. I hope they go my way because someone moved ahead of me in the family pooI.

@AuntG 

I think action taken should be taken against people giving threats....Baker's wife said she prays for those people .... like you said its just a game.... I wonder if it has to do with legalized gambling of the NFL and these people who threatened Baker lost money the previous week...ITS CRAZY! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to Charles Leno! I didn't know there was an NFLPA Community MVP award. 

The people threatening Baker Mayfield must have lost a lot of money in the game. That is terrible.  I feel bad for Baker and his wife. They don't deserve that kind of treatment. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

And CONGRATS to the Colt's Reggie Wayne for being one of the finalists for the Profootball Hall Of Fame! 

Honored Contributor

Regarding the death threats, they're pretty common and typically just from knuckleheads with no intention of doing anything. Way, way back when all forums were largely unmoderated, computer and sports forums were filled with death threats. If you said something someone disagreed with you'd get death threats. Athletes, politicians, and anyone who voices an opinion will likely get a death threat, or hundreds of them. Baker likely got them in high school, college, and now the pros. It's pretty much just part of life if you're in the public eye and a public figure. You have immature idiots with Internet access, so you get them issuing death threats.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Regarding the death threats, they're pretty common and typically just from knuckleheads with no intention of doing anything. Way, way back when all forums were largely unmoderated, computer and sports forums were filled with death threats. If you said something someone disagreed with you'd get death threats. Athletes, politicians, and anyone who voices an opinion will likely get a death threat, or hundreds of them. Baker likely got them in high school, college, and now the pros. It's pretty much just part of life if you're in the public eye and a public figure. You have immature idiots with Internet access, so you get them issuing death threats.

@gardenman 

I'll agree with you when we were "back in the olden days",  you know the 80's when social media was brand new, and people loved the anonymity ..But today there are too many wackos out there that WILL make their threat a reality and the authorities just cant take chances these days...is the person a "social media warrior" (as Baker called them) OR is it a mentally ill ticked off person who owns a gun.....

I just wonder if this gambling thing was a good idea for the NFL, will we find out in the future when a player or ref gets caught for "fixing a game"...it already has happened in the NBA. Where there's a good deal of money set to be earned you can also find "trouble"....JMHO 🤔(hey I'm half Italian American so I should know---and oh the stories my great uncles and aunts told that happened in their neighborhood in their part of NY State 😉).......

Here's the scoop on the NBA incident--Timothy Francis Donaghy was a NBA referee who worked 13 seasons from 1994 to 2007 until he was caught in a gambling scandal where one team got an overly generous amount of free throws, certain players were targeted for fouls, illegal screens were ignored, and other personal fouls weren't called in order to "fix a score"......

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

You will love this, my WFT is very thin at CB, William Jackson III is the latest player added to the list along with Darryl Roberts ....even our MVP punter, TRESS WAY is out! So the team will have to rely on "fan UNfavorite, Troy Apke, and Corn Elder and DJ Hayden, Jalen must be licking his chops just waiting to throw some passes...😥

The WFT signed Punter Ryan Winslow....hes punted in 5 count em 5 NFL games, including 3 this season, back in the summer of 88 Winslow's dad was a Bill's teammate with current WFT's GM Martin Mayhew ...its who you know......🤔 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The Eagles should be relatively healthy. Defensive end Derek Barnett (covid) and Miles Sanders (broken hand) could both be out. Barnett might be back if he passes the covid test pregame. 

The Eagles will probably try to establish the run again. Hurts hasn't been running much since his ankle sprain, but the Eagles' o-line just bullies defenders out of the way, so even without Hurts running much the run game should be okay.

The passing game should be okay. Quez Wartkins is coming on as a receiver. Devonta Smith is already very good. Jalen Reagor still has potential. Dallas Goedert is good. There's a pretty good chance we'll see Kerryon Johnson involved on offense also. Nick Sirianni's last press conference had him talking about a role for Kerryon.

It'll be an interesting game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

i have a serious question......

what will happen if we get down to the final two teams and one team or BOTH teams have players with covid on the day before the big game or on game day? they will be out, correct?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein