Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

Alvin Kamara tested positive for Covid and will miss this week. The Saints are playing for first round bye, hoping Green Bay loses. 

Cleveland has all their players back, so far. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Eagles seem to have decided to let the WFT win on Sunday as lots of starters are now being deactivated. That's good news for the WFT and the Eagles as we should lock in the sixth pick at worst. Barring the WFT playing horribly, they should win pretty easily.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman That's not good news for the Cowboys or Giants though.

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@gardenman That's not good news for the Cowboys or Giants though.

@soonersis 

Yeah, it's tough for those teams. The Eagles seem to be treating it like the fourth exhibition game of the preseason. Lots of our typical starters are being deactivated for the game. Fletcher Cox, DeSean Jackson, Miles Sanders, Dallas Goedert, Derek Barnett, Jordan Mailata, Duke Riley, Richard Rodgers, and Shaun Bradley are all out. It certainly doesn't look like the Eagles are playing to win, but we'll see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles seem to have decided to let the WFT win on Sunday as lots of starters are now being deactivated. That's good news for the WFT and the Eagles as we should lock in the sixth pick at worst. Barring the WFT playing horribly, they should win pretty easily.

@gardenman 

So it sounds like the Eagles have thrown in the towel and are going for draft position instead...If we get a win---I'll take it....

It's been so long since there was anything positive going on about my team---- from losing our nickname, from the mess of an owner and all that went on behind scenes within the organization....from Rivera's cancer diagnosis, to the Haskin's fiasco......time for something GOOD to happen  to my WFT.....smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif 

tumblr_pmd0i6QkPu1rxktx7_1280.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

S Khari Willis and CB Rock-Ya-Sin are both out for the Colts. Michael Pittman is questionable. 

Chad Green might take over Castonzo's spot as LT. He didn't do very well last time he played; maybe things will improve against the Jaguars.

I read that Alex Smith is questionable for WFT. What is the outlook for his chances Sunday?

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

S Khari Willis and CB Rock-Ya-Sin are both out for the Colts. Michael Pittman is questionable. 

Chad Green might take over Castonzo's spot as LT. He didn't do very well last time he played; maybe things will improve against the Jaguars.

I read that Alex Smith is questionable for WFT. What is the outlook for his chances Sunday?

@teganslaw 

The latest is that Alex Smith has been moving really well in practice and the plan is to start him....however, they will check his condition tomorrow morning, but everything is pointing to his return.......  

BTW Haskins agent dumped him......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

And now 2 Cowboys defensive starters are out due to Covid protocol.  What a year!

Honored Contributor

Well my WFT signed Center Chase Roullier to a 4 year extension 40.5 mill/19 guaranteed.....Roullier was drafted in the sixth round in 2017, and he was set to become a free agent in March.

“Chase has been a steady presence and leader on our offensive line all season. He is a great teammate and does everything the right way,” Washington coach Ron Rivera said in a release. “We are glad to be able to reward a player who has spent his entire career here. He was well deserving of an extension, and I look forward to continuing to coach him as we work towards sustained success here in Washington.”

They need to get Brandon Scherff signed, he's playing on a franchise tag which expires at the end of the 2020 season and he will become a free agent in March....Brandon says he loves his coaches and teammates and his wife loves the area too..... 

Honored Contributor

Some interesting Eagles' news breaking today. It looks like Doug Pederson is definitely back as head coach next year. He's got a meeting with Jeffrey Lurie (team owner) on Tuesday to go over the plans for next year. Jim Schwartz won't be back next year. He's planning to take a year off and contemplate retiring. That means a new defensive coordinator in 2021 for the Eagles. (Word is Schwartz and Pederson bumped heads fairly often with Jim considering himself the defensive head coach and Pederson the offensive head coach.) Word is Pederson has agreed to give up playcalling and hire a real offensive coordinator to handle the offense.

There's a report that Carson Wentz won't even dress for tomorrow's game and it'll be Jalen Hurts in the first half and maybe Nate Sudfeld for the second half. (They're really acting like this is a preseason game.) I think they're looking at the draft picks and deciding they want to stay at worst at six. It's likely three QBs will go in the first five picks (Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance) and then the Oregon o-lineman Penei Sewell, so Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, or Patrick Surtain will be there for them at six. If they were to win the game tomorrow night they could drop as far as ten and miss out on those guys. By the game time tomorrow night, they should know if they'll stick at six or could move up as high as three. If the Dolphins, Falcons, or Bengals win the Eagles would move forward one slot for each of those teams that wins tomorrow. If all three win the Eagles could move all the way up to third in the draft.

If the WFT don't win the game tomorrow they should fire the coaches, players, and everyone in the organization. The Eagles are all but rolling out their cheerleaders to play them, so it should be a pretty easy win for the WFT. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!