Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

@gardenman 

Interesting comments from Ron Rivera on Jalen Hurts

Ron Rivera says Jalon Hurts is a good decision maker with a good arm. He's got the intangibles you look for in a QB, says that Washington liked Hurts in the draft.  Rivera said Jalen Hurts is a good decision maker and the players rally around him. He already has those intangibles, and Rivera thinks he has an opportunity to grow. Reminds him of Russell Wilson.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Tua Tagovailoa needs to play well, as Fitzpatrick won't be available to relieve him, being placed on the Covid list. Of course, I want Miami to lose, so it might not be a bad thing. 

The President of NFLPA would like to see some off field activites permanently cancelled. This season there were no OTAs, preseason, and less rigorous training. I would think ellminating these activites would have to be approved by a committee. 

I figure that 2021 will see different things happening in the NFL., just not sure what they are. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman.   First, let me congratulate you on winning our family's pool. You're three games ahead of your closest competition and eight games ahead of me. To make matters worse, I'm picking the Eagles and I have no clue why. Thanks to all who provided their insights on this thread for 2020. At least Covid didn't win.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

You never hear anything bad about Hurts. Former coaches love him. Former players love him. Current coaches love him. Current players love him. Some had him going in the first round early in the predraft process, then some of the QB vacancies got filled with free agents and he drifted back to the second round. He's an upper tier young QB. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in the offseason. Will other teams come calling? Would the Eagles move him?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

Winning was blind luck on my part. Thanks for the congratulations anyway.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Bad news for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers, David Bakhtiari tore his ACL in practice and is done for the year. Losing your left tackle is never a good thing for a QB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Uh, NFL fine/suspension hander outers? I hate to be a nag about this, but you do remember the helmet spear that Jaylon Smith gave to Jordan Mailata last Sunday right? The clearly intentional, "I'm going to hurt this guy for blocking me" one. The one where Jaylon Smith ignored the running back with the ball to target Jordan Mailata's head. The one where Jaylon Smith turned his body and dove headfirst with his helmet as a weapon at Mailata's head. The one that if it happened on the street would land someone in jail. Yeah, that one.

You may remember you punished Jaylon Smith for an illegal hit way back in November against the Saints. That apparently didn't make much of an impact on him as he's still trying to intentionally hurt opposing players. There is no justification for what he did on the field last Sunday.  There is no reason why a league that claims to be committed to player safety would allow him back on the field this week, or for weeks to come. That was not in any way a football play. That was an intentional act to hurt an opposing player and knock him out of the game.  Which it did.

I know, I know, the Cowboys are in the playoff hunt and you don't want to do anything to harm their chances or distract them. Jerry Jones is a powerful owner you don't want upset at you. But if you don't punish Jaylon Smith, the message you're sending to the league is that player safety doesn't truly matter. You fined him in November for taking a cheap shot at a defenseless player. It didn't make an impression on him. It's time to do something a bit more impactful. Take him off the field and suspend him. That play was as flagrant an act as you'll ever see. There was no justification for it. Okay, rant over.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Bad news for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers, David Bakhtiari tore his ACL in practice and is done for the year. Losing your left tackle is never a good thing for a QB.

@gardenman 

😮

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

😮

Yeah, it'll hurt the Packers chances in the playoffs a bit, but it's not going to be fun for any team going to Green Bay in January. With a 6-9 month recovery time for a torn ACL, he should be back for the start of next season which is good. Rodgers will likely miss him in the meantime though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

😮

Yeah, it'll hurt the Packers chances in the playoffs a bit, but it's not going to be fun for any team going to Green Bay in January. With a 6-9 month recovery time for a torn ACL, he should be back for the start of next season which is good. Rodgers will likely miss him in the meantime though.

@gardenman 

A LT is the QB's main protection.....that's going to make a difference, although the Packers do have an advantage with "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field".....

So how did you like this....the NFL did issue a fine....They fined Kamara $5,000 for wearing non-conforming cleats during the Christmas Day Viking's game.  But no fine for Jaylon's illegal hit, the NFL's priorities need adjusting....Woman Frustrated