Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seventeen of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

On to the playoffs! Of course, we'll have to call up more practice squad guys to replace the guys we lost today, but we're in the playoffs and anything can happen once you're in.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Jacksonville 38, Indy 20. Gardner Minshew looked like a pro bowler in this game. Brissett didn't play well. Marlon Mack scored two touchdowns, but turnovers and fumbles hurt the Colts.

This was a strange season. It started with Luck unexpectedly retiring. Injuries, Brissett's off and on games, Ebron's regression, and Vinatieri having a bad season, missing extra points and field goals.  Quenton Nelson and Darius Leonard were some bright spots. Kenny Moore was great when he played, but he missed the past few games with an injury. 

Now what will happen in the off season? There are changes coming to be sure. 

Congrats to the Eagles making the playoffs! It didn't come easy, but they persevered. They might just surprise everyone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

ended the season with a BANG......a win against the steelers in the pouring rain using RG3 and a few other backups. i was supposed to go to the game and gave my tickets to my cousin.....i did not want to sit in that rain and get sick.

congrats to all the teams moving forward! playoffs are going to be FUN!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Congrats to all the playoff teams.

Now go out there and put on a good show.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

what a great way to end the season......this SNF game has been exciting between san fran and seattle! you could not get much closer than this......wow!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

3,166 AND NOT DONE YET! The Ravens set a new NFL record during Sunday's Steelers matchup for the most rushing yards in a single season, passing the 1978 Patriots!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles are continuing to drop like flies, losing Avonte Maddox, our starting corner, Miles Sanders, our starting running back, and Brooks, our starting offensive guard in the first half, but clinging to a 10-3 lead despite it all. If we can win the game, whatever players we have left will be in the playoffs. Assuming we have any players left.

@gardenman 

They said during the game that players were entering the building to be medically evaluated because the line was too long at the Medical Tent---and these were backups to the backups....WOW!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @sunshine45 

CONGRATS! and good luck in the playoffs! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles are continuing to drop like flies, losing Avonte Maddox, our starting corner, Miles Sanders, our starting running back, and Brooks, our starting offensive guard in the first half, but clinging to a 10-3 lead despite it all. If we can win the game, whatever players we have left will be in the playoffs. Assuming we have any players left.

@gardenman 

They said during the game that players were entering the building to be medically evaluated because the line was too long at the Medical Tent---and these were backups to the backups....WOW!

Yeah, it's been one of those years, but we survived and made the playoffs despite it all. We have one wide receiver left in JJ Arcega-Whiteside, our rookie, that was on the roster at the start of the year. Runnng back was down to none of the guys on the original roster healthy. Jordan Howard was out. Corey Clement's been out most of the year. Darren Sproles is gone. Miles Sanders got knocked out. Boston Scott was all that was left. Our two best offensive linemen (Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks) were out. Our best corners (Darby and Mills) were out. Avonte Maddox our do everything DB got knocked out of the game. We've gone through about eight (I think) defensive tackles. A few linebackers are gone. By the end of yesterday's game only four of the guys who started game one were still on the field on offense. That meant the seven backups were on offense and in some cases they were the backups of the backups. I believe we've now elevated seventeen guys from the practice squad, and signed several guys off the street. 

Considering everything, including three or four dropped game-winning passes, the fact that the Eagles made the playoffs is amazing. There's a bizarre confidence that the kids are exhibiting that's become contagious for the team. These guys just know they'll win and they do. Having a great QB and head coach helps a lot. A win this week against Seattle and DeSean Jackson comes back and God only knows what could happen. The NFC really doesn't look all that scary, but beating the Packers in Green Bay or the Saints in New Orleans will be a challenge.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!