Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Add me to the Romo admirers too. It makes you realize how bad the other color guys are. Romo still has a passion for the game and it shows. You don't hear anything like that from the other guys.

@gardenman

You mean like Troy Aikman who talks in a monotone and seems really bored......... Smiley Wink 

Pretty much like all of them since John Madden and truth be told, I think Romo is better than Madden. Madden was big on the dramatics and what happened, but Romo is giving us a look more into what will happen and then afterwards why it happened. We've never really heard this from a QB or coach in the booth before. We've never heard anything like this from a defensive player in the booth either. It's very impressive what he's done and is doing. His love for the game and the fun he gets out of football comes through very, very well. You get to see more of the chessmatch part of football by watching and listening to Romo. You also start to really understand why Romo was such a good quarterback.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I never cared about John Maddon when he analyzed games. I'm not sure why; there was just something about the way he talked or explained things.  I like Romo a lot. He brings enthusiasm to the game.Is there any chance of him also taking on SNF and replacing Chris Collinsworth? Proabably not.....

I still don't know if Fournette is playing tomorrow. After last week's game, Pagano said that they should try to get the ball to Marlon Mack more often. Gee, you think?? Especially since he only caught the ball twice in the game.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Aikman sounds like that all the time -- doesn't matter if he'scalling games on TV or not!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i.png

Panthers, fingers crossed for for the injured!

Kelvin Benjamin - on field, no practice, knee
Luke Kuechly - practice on side line, still listed on concussion protocol (? confusing) 

KEEP ON POUNDING!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

It's game day! An interesting slate of games on local TV today. We only get one early game today and that's the Panthers/Bears. Why just one game? The local Fox channel is giving us the Cowboys/Niners game at four instead of an early game. (Go Niners!) CBS is showing the Bengals/Steelers game after the Panther's/Bears game. Tonight we get the Super Bowl rematch between the Falcons and Patriots, but neither team is really playing at a Super Bowl level right now.

The Panthers/Bears game could be interesting to see how well Trubisky does against a pretty solid defense. I thik the Panthers will get the win, but hopefully the Bears make it interesting. The Cowboys/Niners will be fun to watch. The Niners are the best 0-6 team around. They could pretty easily be 3-3 or better. In their last five games they've only lost by 2 or 3 points per game. The Cowboys have back to back losses and are coming off a bye and a certain amount of internal chaos. My gut says the Niners get their first win today, but they're not the best team of the two.

The officials for the Bengals/Steelers game have to have their flag throwing arms toned up for today's game. These games are always chippy at best and downright wars at worst. Vontaze Burfict will likely be involved in most of the skirmishes and could end up suspended. If you're planning to watch anything after this game on CBS it pays to allow extra time. The seemingly endless penalties will slow this game down by a bit.

The final game tonight with the Patriots and Falcons will be interesting. The Falcons seem to have forgotten they have Julio Jones on the roster. In terms of red zone targets he's reportedly 163rd on the list. Seriously? I'm not sure if he's been dinged or if the Falcons are trying to keep him fresh for the post season, but it's not a bad idea to dust him off and start using him. Julio Jones should be in the top five among targets and for him to be 163rd is kind of crazy.

Hopefully the Bears/Panthers keep things interesting early. The later games all look to be pretty good. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@Spurt  Aikman sounds like that all the time -- doesn't matter if he'scalling games on TV or not!

@LonestarBabs @gardenman

I guess that is just Troy's personality ...... I guess his high profile and Super Bowls got him the job.......but I would prefer even a lesser player that's knowledge and had a good personality over someone with a resume some of these guys are just painful to listen to.....dont understand how Michael Irvin even has a studio job---he's not well spoken, and his other incidents which happened out of football too.....just makes one wonder.........I guess if you were a Dallas Cowboy you get a job............but that shouldnt be the case............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

It's game day! An interesting slate of games on local TV today. We only get one early game today and that's the Panthers/Bears. Why just one game? The local Fox channel is giving us the Cowboys/Niners game at four instead of an early game. (Go Niners!) CBS is showing the Bengals/Steelers game after the Panther's/Bears game. Tonight we get the Super Bowl rematch between the Falcons and Patriots, but neither team is really playing at a Super Bowl level right now.

The Panthers/Bears game could be interesting to see how well Trubisky does against a pretty solid defense. I thik the Panthers will get the win, but hopefully the Bears make it interesting. The Cowboys/Niners will be fun to watch. The Niners are the best 0-6 team around. They could pretty easily be 3-3 or better. In their last five games they've only lost by 2 or 3 points per game. The Cowboys have back to back losses and are coming off a bye and a certain amount of internal chaos. My gut says the Niners get their first win today, but they're not the best team of the two.

The officials for the Bengals/Steelers game have to have their flag throwing arms toned up for today's game. These games are always chippy at best and downright wars at worst. Vontaze Burfict will likely be involved in most of the skirmishes and could end up suspended. If you're planning to watch anything after this game on CBS it pays to allow extra time. The seemingly endless penalties will slow this game down by a bit.

The final game tonight with the Patriots and Falcons will be interesting. The Falcons seem to have forgotten they have Julio Jones on the roster. In terms of red zone targets he's reportedly 163rd on the list. Seriously? I'm not sure if he's been dinged or if the Falcons are trying to keep him fresh for the post season, but it's not a bad idea to dust him off and start using him. Julio Jones should be in the top five among targets and for him to be 163rd is kind of crazy.

Hopefully the Bears/Panthers keep things interesting early. The later games all look to be pretty good. 

@gardenman

I thought that was odd too...only one early game...and both teams are NFC teams too which aren't usually broadcast by CBS they get the AFC teams (at least in our market)...........It looks like a Red Zone Day................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

They're  showing two early games in my area: the trainwreck (er, Colts game) and NO-Green Bay. Strange that the other stations aren't doing that. At least I don't have any Colts on my fantasy teams. 

Arizona is so inconsistent; the Rams are stomping on them. Chicago is also doing well. Looks like my football picks aren't going to be very good today.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking the Colts might just end up with Saquon Barkley in the draft. They don't really need a QB and will likely have a top five pick. Barkley's a special player who could take pressure off of Luck. They could trade down for extra picks, but I'm thinking a dominant running back would be a nice pickup for the Colts.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

They're  showing two early games in my area: the trainwreck (er, Colts game) and NO-Green Bay. Strange that the other stations aren't doing that. At least I don't have any Colts on my fantasy teams. 

Arizona is so inconsistent; the Rams are stomping on them. Chicago is also doing well. Looks like my football picks aren't going to be very good today.

@teganslaw

That's wierd you got 2 early games....I wonder what happened...normally we get the Texans and when they have a bye we get some other AFC match up on CBS and then on Fox an NFC matchup.....  

Those poor people in the UK must think that ALL NFL games are boring and blowouts............they never seem to get a good game (except my Redskin/Bengals game which was a tie)............

So what's happened to Denver???????