Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Titans 19 Colts 10. The Titans seems to have the Colts' number. Ryan didn't look good: interceptions , sacked several times. Colts have problems in the red zone. Jonathan Taylor had about 50 yards. 

I watched the last minute of the Packers-Commanders. That was a wild ending! SPURT, congrats on the win. It wasn't easy, but they did it.

@teganslaw 

Thanks...That game didnt have to be close if they made TDs instead of FGs........SMH!!! But God Bless K Joey Slye for making the FGs....he did miss one

So sorry about your Colts!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Spurt , and congratulations on the Washington win also.  The NFC East had another great weekend.  Philly was off of course, but 3 wins is great for this conference.  I'm sure there were some nervous Commanders and Giants fans as their games came down to the last play, but they pulled it out. I thought our game might actually be closer as I didn't believe any quarterback can be out 6 weeks and immediately have a good rhythm without shaking off some rust and getting plays under your belt in a real game situation.  But I'm proud Dak didn't turn it over and expect he'll play even better next week.  And Detroit is better than their record indicates.  They have a good coach who should help them as time goes on so the Lions fans should have things to look forward to in the future.

Honored Contributor

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are both wondering why they came back this year. Not a great start for either QB. The Jags came up inches short of beating the Giants despite lots of mistakes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

Yep, not a good day for Tom the GOAT and former NFL MVP ,Rodgers---

And @teganslaw as far as the AFC South Tannehill was seen in a walking boot after the game,nankle injury....so rookie Malik Willis may be forced to take over....So this may help your Colts within your Division

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems Heinicke's teammates really like and support him. He said he plays every game like it was his last he remembers when he was out of the league.....

STATS 20/33,  201 yds , 2 Tds , 1 INT, Sacks1-3

Terry McLaurin expressed his support and confidence in Heinicke when he was named the starter and after the game too------------  

Terry McLaurin and Taylor Heinicke had a long embrace in the locker room just before McLaurin came out to talk to media. He said it was about the trust he and Heinicke have in one another to be able to connect on those big plays. “That’s all I’ve ever wanted as a receiver.” Terry McLaurin calls Taylor Heinicke vibe "free-spirited" and says the QB "plays like it's his last game every single time." The team feeds off that energy. Terry had 5 receptions, 73 yds 1 TD, long 37,  targeted 8

Taylor Heinicke: Has that dawg in him, per Cole Holcomb

Here is Curtis Samuel after the game… “Taylor is a heck of a player”

Honored Contributor

I must be dreaming because my Jets have a 5-2 record, if I'm dreaming don't wake me up!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I must be dreaming because my Jets have a 5-2 record, if I'm dreaming don't wake me up!

@Jordan2 

CONGRATULATIONS!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

CONGRATULATIONS!

@Spurt Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

The Jets will probably be a playoff team this year. They've got five or six pretty winnable games still on the schedule and ten wins should get them into the playoffs. The Bills and Chiefs will be a handful in the playoffs for any AFC team, but you never know what will happen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

In an odd quirk, it's possible, maybe likely, that the entire NFC East will be in the playoffs. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants would all make the playoffs if the season ended today. The Commanders would be in a seven-way tie for the final wild-card spot. The Commanders have the Colts, Texans, Falcons, and Browns games that should be wins. A spit with the Giants is pretty possible. Steal one more win from someone and that puts them at around nine wins and likely in the playoffs. How weird would that be? One whole division with all four teams making the playoffs. Neat!

So many teams are underperforming this year that you have to wonder if they're tanking to get a higher draft pick. This is reportedly a pretty talent-rich draft class coming up, so maybe a few GMs and coaches are looking ahead to that class and aren't as worried about winning now. Beating the Bills and Chiefs in the playoffs won't be easy for anyone and maybe teams are taking their foot off the accelerator just a bit to drift back and get some more talented players earlier in the draft.

Making the playoffs is great but making the playoffs and getting embarrassed in the first round is horrible. If you know your team can't win it all, do you back off a bit?

One final game this week in the Bears/Patriots. Lots of talented kid QBs in this game. I would expect the Patriots to get the win, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!