Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt 

The WFT needs to unleash the Kraken, er Kerrigan against the Cowboys. The kids in Sweat and Chase Young can contribute, but both have some growing to do yet. Kerrigan is a full-grown beast. Pick an offensive tackle of the Cowboys to pick on and let Kerrigan go. Those tackles of the Cowboys are a mess right now. Just feed Kerrigan a bit of raw meat before the game to whet his appetite and then turn him loose on them. He could end up with a four or five sack game against those guys. Sneak in an occasional linebacker or safety on a blitz and that Cowboy offense will be neutered.

The Cowboys will either have to keep a back in to block, chip with a tight end, or pray Dalton survives without help, but those tackles are a mess. The Cowboys will either try to run the ball to win, or throw short, fast passes. Kerrigan should feast no matter what. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

The WFT needs to unleash the Kraken, er Kerrigan against the Cowboys. The kids in Sweat and Chase Young can contribute, but both have some growing to do yet. Kerrigan is a full-grown beast. Pick an offensive tackle of the Cowboys to pick on and let Kerrigan go. Those tackles of the Cowboys are a mess right now. Just feed Kerrigan a bit of raw meat before the game to whet his appetite and then turn him loose on them. He could end up with a four or five sack game against those guys. Sneak in an occasional linebacker or safety on a blitz and that Cowboy offense will be neutered.

The Cowboys will either have to keep a back in to block, chip with a tight end, or pray Dalton survives without help, but those tackles are a mess. The Cowboys will either try to run the ball to win, or throw short, fast passes. Kerrigan should feast no matter what. 

@gardenman 

Yep, Kerrigan's "my man"...let him go and feast! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

At times Wentz seemed to take sacks because he didn't release the ball in time. Does he normally do this, or was it just last night? He made some amazing plays, yet also some bad ones. It's fortunate that the Eagles won that game. 

The announcers said that Wentz is second to Kyler Murray in QB rushing touchdowns this year. I didn't know that. 

I think DeSean Jackson's time is up. With all his injuries, he hasn't played much and it might be best for him to retire. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw  @gardenman 

Now they are saying Bucs/Raiders game could be moved to Monday or Tuesday.......

The Eagle's De Jack's time is up!!!!--stick a fork in him..........he's just taking up a roseter spot....

Hear's some interesting news looks like the Cowboy's BEST o-lineman Zack Martin is likely to be out!!!  I hope that rumor is true.... WFT D line will be licking their chops for sure....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

At times Wentz seemed to take sacks because he didn't release the ball in time. Does he normally do this, or was it just last night? He made some amazing plays, yet also some bad ones. It's fortunate that the Eagles won that game. 

The announcers said that Wentz is second to Kyler Murray in QB rushing touchdowns this year. I didn't know that. 

I think DeSean Jackson's time is up. With all his injuries, he hasn't played much and it might be best for him to retire. 

Carson Wentz hates to give up on a play. He'll hold onto the ball and wait for a receiver to come open and often holds it too long. Wentz is a gunslinger. He'll hold the ball and then find a guy down the field, or he'll take a sack. He can do the rhythm and timing stuff but with this group of raw, untested receivers, he can't be sure where they'll be. Wentz is very simlar to how Brett Favre played. That competitiveness makes them special, but can also cause trouble. 

Yeah, DeSean's pretty much done. He just can't stay healthy. The kids have stepped in and deserve to play even if DeSean is healthy. Hassan Ridgeway and his injured bicep has him gone for the year now. Lane Johnson is reportedly day to day, but I suspect with the bye coming up after Dallas that they'll sit him to try and get him right. It sounds like Brett Toth will get the start at right tackle against Dallas. That'll be a good test for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I live in NYC, my team is the Jets (I am so glad I didn't get a TSV). Anyway on my local ABC Eyewitness news the sportscaster Ryan Field had a poll up to vote results will be at 6:00, should the Jets tank, last I looked it was 75% yes, 25% no (I voted to tank)!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in NYC, my team is the Jets (I am so glad I didn't get a TSV). Anyway on my local ABC Eyewitness news the sportscaster Ryan Field had a poll up to vote results will be at 6:00, should the Jets tank, last I looked it was 75% yes, 25% no (I voted to tank)!

Tanking has become an acceptable strategy these days. We first saw it with the Colts to get Andrew Luck. Trevor Lawrence is viewed as one of those generational QBs, so if you can lose to get him, it's not the worst idea. The Jets just need to assemble the best possible coaching staff for the kid and develop him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Bucs are shoving all their chips in and betting on winning it all this year. They've just agreed to terms with Antonio Brown. Brady was reportedly campaigning for AB. Bruce Arians hadn't sounded thrilled with the idea, but the deal is reportedly done. That'll liven things up in Tampa Bay. Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Gronk, and more makes a pretty potent offense. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Bucs are shoving all their chips in and betting on winning it all this year. They've just agreed to terms with Antonio Brown. Brady was reportedly campaigning for AB. Bruce Arians hadn't sounded thrilled with the idea, but the deal is reportedly done. That'll liven things up in Tampa Bay. Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Gronk, and more makes a pretty potent offense. 

@gardenman 

It sounds like the makings of a Reality Show--- Oh boy!!! Tom, Gronk, and AB....OH MY poor Bruce Arians......😲

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how much AB will help them. It's been a while since he's played. Does it make them better than the Seahawks? Nick Foles lives in Brady's head and the Bears look to make the playoffs. The Packers are likely to be a handful in the playoffs. The Saints seem to have shaken off the rust and are playing well. AB is a risky guy to bring in. I'm not sure how helpful he'll be. 

By the way, some are now suggesting the Cowboys bring in Kaepernick, Earl Thomas, and pretty much everyone else who's not playing. Will they make a move? We'll have to see. I don't see Kaepernick and JJ being sympatico, but who knows?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!