Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

Interesting stats for the Texans/Colts game....

The Colts enter the game with 142 rushing yards per game on average, good for fourth-best in the league. The Texans have displayed offensive firepower of their own, the third-most touchdowns in the league at 20.  Should be a good game....

@gardenman 

Good analysis of the Eagles/Cowboy game..Shut Zeke down and you get a REAL CHANCE!!!!  I hope Zach Brown has prepared for life outside the NFL...where he's likely to be along with the Eagle's "not so secret source"...Jeffrey.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

out of town......at the beaches (here you find 4 teams.....ravens, steelers, eagles, redskins)......so my tv schedule is a bit different today.

lots of rain today and a good day to stay in and watch a lot of football.

early afternoon

FOX

49ers at redskins

CBS

raiders at packers

late afternoon

FOX

ravens at seahawks

SNF

eagles at cowboys

MNF

patriots at jets

@sunshine45 

WOW---They are actually SHOWING 49ers/Redskins on TV....does it have a disclaimer that this game may not actually resemble an NFL game---VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED???

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

LOL @Spurt ......nope, no disclaimers. Smiley Wink

it will be interesting to watch!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The trade deadline is looming, and supposedly the Redskins sent a delegation to talk to Trent Williams to inform him he would not be traded until January....But is that just a smoke screen or perhaps a false report????? In the spirit of pure amusement, let’s look at some potential offers involving players that may be too good for Bruce Allen to pass up as outlined by writer Mark Taylor. 

@teganslaw  @gardenman  @redwingsgal  

@sunshine45 

Which deal would y'all chose???? 

BROWNS:

Browns receive - Trent Williams

Redskins receive - Denzel Ward

- Ward is a young, talented corner who was a first round pick in the 2018 NFL draft and is under contract until 2021, with a 5th year option that can be exercised for the 2022 season. Josh Norman will most likely not be brought back next year,and the Redskins will need someone to step into his spot on the outside.

Vikings:

Vikings receive - Trent Williams

Redskins receive - Stefon Diggs

- In this trade, Diggs would get to return back to the DMV and Vikings tackle Riley Reiff can kick to the right side. Imagine Dwayne Haskins Jr. throwing to Diggs and Terry McLaurin?

Cardinals:

Broncos receive - Trent Williams

Redskins receive - Patrick Peterson

- The 29 year old Peterson is still considered to be in his prime. He was suspended for the team’s first six games of 2019 due to a violation of the league’s performance enhancing drug policy, but was activated this past week. He could lock down the outside corner spot for the next few years as the Redskins move on from Norman.

Buccaneers:

Bucs receive - Trent Williams

Redskins receive - O.J. Howard and a 3rd round pick

- Despite a hefty new contract extension, Donovan Smith is not a very good left tackle. A move to the right side may be best for the former second round pick. In Howard, the Redskins could get their replacement for injured tight end Jordan Reed, and design an offense around his unique skill-set.

Bengals:

Bengals receive - Trent Williams

Redskins receive - A.J. Green and a 3rd round pick

- The Bengals are not very good, and are likely to select a quarterback high in the 2020 NFL draft for new head coach Zac Taylor to mold. He’ll need to protect his new investment and Williams should provide just that for the foreseeable future. A.J. Green is no spring chicken, but when healthy, he can still be a great receiver for a young quarterback still learning his way in the league.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I suspect any trade for Trent Williams will be draft picks rather than a player for player trade. Not a lot of players will want to go to the Redskins. I also don't think the Redskins will want to take on another contract. I think the Redskins will want as much cap flexibility as possible. They'll have a new head coach next year, so why burden him with a player who may not suit his system? Draft picks and cap flexibility will give the Redskins a chance to equip a team for the new coach.

Alex Smith is a bit of a wildcard for the Redskins. If he's healthy next year, a big if, do they keep him, trade him, start him and sit Haskins? Keep him as a very expensive backup? Do they look for a coach who can work better with Smith or Haskins? Alex Smith is still a cap problem for the Redskins. How they solve that will be a challenge. He's a $32.2 million dead cap hit if they move on from him next year. That's some serious money.

The Dolphins got two firsts and a second for Tunsil. That would be a good return for the Redskins. If they could lose Williams' cap hit, gain a couple of first round picks, it would make a new coach a nice "Welcome to the team" package.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm watching the Cards/Giants game and just saw the Cards run a fake reverse where the receiver faked tossing the ball to the other receiver and the thought occurred to me, would it be legal if a receiver had a dark towel or glove and tossed that to guy on the reverse to really confuse the defense while keeping the ball? They'd see something dark in the air and moving and would likely react assuming it was the ball. It's probably illegal, but I don't know of a specific rule against it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

you will be happy to know that the game is pretty much at a standstill. the mud, rain, and wind is so bad that it is making both teams look bad. LOL, the redskins have a chance!

mishandled balls, missed field goals, lots of slipping and sliding......and the score is 0 - 0 with about 5 minutes left in the first half.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just for the fun of it, I would go with Denzel Ward or Stefan Diggs. 

Diggs had fallen out of favor in Minnesota recently, although he may have redeemed himself by now, 

A.J. Green has a problem staying healthy, and the Redskins don't need another injury.

The game is close, which isn't unusual when the Colts and Texans face each other. Indy is leading 28-23 with 6 minutes left to play. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Greg Olsen is a pretty good announcer. He's not Romo, but he's pretty close to that level. Once he retires from football, he'll be a staple in the broadcast booth for quite a while. He's done a really good job in the Giants/Cards game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Colts win 30-23. They are in first place in the AFC South now. Brissett had a career day: threw for 326 yards and 4 touchdowns. 

Welcome back Darius Leonard! He was out for three weeks, and had a nice game. He sealed the win by intercepting Watson on the Texans' final drive. Watson was sacked three times by the defense. 

Hilton had 74 yards, not quite as many as he had in past games. WR Pascal had more than 120 yards, one of his best games. 

It seems that the bye week helped. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain