Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@sunshine45 wrote:

yes, now i really have to hope for a bengals loss tonight!

*tucker was 222 for 222 before that kick. the look on his face said it all.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E5kcNdHlbtgGlhQ7uZ5jilJmG88=/0x0:1920x1080/1200x800/filters:focal(575x320:881x626)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/61856409/Screen_Shot_2018_10_21_at_4.07.10_PM__2_.0.png

@sunshine45

That expression on his face was priceless

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

the more i watch mahomes play, the more i like him.

are there any other YOUNG quarterbacks playing now waiting in the wings to take over for the aging ones?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Most, if not all, of the kid QB's are already playing. I think all of this year's top picks are now playing. Mahomes is in the ideal spot. A fast and gifted running back, a burner at wide receiver, arguably the best tight end in football in Kelce. He's also got a head coach who knows how to manage a young QB. It's a nearly ideal spot for a kid QB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Interesting. The Cowboys have reportedly traded a first round pick for Amari Cooper from the Raiders. Cooper is a special talent who never lived up to expectation. It's a bit of a gamble on the part of Dallas, but they need a receiver. How long will it take for him and Dak to mesh?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Interesting. The Cowboys have reportedly traded a first round pick for Amari Cooper from the Raiders. Cooper is a special talent who never lived up to expectation. It's a bit of a gamble on the part of Dallas, but they need a receiver. How long will it take for him and Dak to mesh?

@gardenman

Isnt that a little bit of a high price first round pick for someone who has had injury issues?

Oct 14, 2018-Concussion

Dec 10, 2017NFLPedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2Cooper aggravated his left ankle sprain early against the Chiefs and missed another game.

Nov 26, 2017NFLPedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2Cooper sprained his left ankle in the 2nd quarter against the Broncos and missed the next game.

Nov 26, 2017NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Cooper sustained a concussion in the same game in which he sprained his left ankle.

Dec 10, 2015NFLPedal Foot Plantar Fasciitis Grade 1Cooper appeared on the injury report Thursday of Week 14 with a foot injury. It was later revealed he played through plantar fasciitis "most of the year," which worsened in December.

Oct 1, 2013Non-NFLPedal Toe DislocationIn college, Cooper missed a game with a sprained toe.

Aug 13, 2013Non-NFLPedal Foot SprainAmari Cooper missed a week of offseason training due to a strained foot. The injury hobbled throughout the season but did not constrain him from playing in any games.

Chance of Injury in 2018: question mark52.2%
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Not just injury issues but also questions about his desire. Yeah, it's a high price. The guy has talent, but if his heart isn't in the game that talent is wasted. A big question is if he and Dak can form a bond. It takes a while for a receiver and QB to mesh. They'll be trying to do it on the fly. Gruden now has three first round picks for the next draft, Oakland's, Chicago's and now Dallas'. The Oakland pick will likely be high while the other two are more likely mid-round picks. It will be interesting to see what he does with them. The Raiders should be able to get three pretty good players, each with a fifth year option to help with the salary cap.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Rumors out of Philly have the Eagles and Broncos talking trade. The Eagles are reportedly interested in one of their corners and wide receivers. I suspect the Eagles are dangling Nick Foles as bait. Nick would be a good fit in Denver.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Adam Vinatieri is dealing with a groin injury. He will have an MRI to determine how severe the injury is. The Colts will be trying out diferent kickers this week in case Vinatieri can't play Sunday.

I knew something was wrong in the last game. Vinatieri missed a couple field goals, but that wasn't the only reason. He looked like he was in pain. I wonder if his playing time will be cut short because of this. He's only 5 points from setting an NFL scoring record, but how important is that if he's in pain? I have a feeling that this could be his last season in the league. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Groin injuries are now often labeled sports hernias. If that's what he's got he'll likely be heading to Philly where there's a doc who specializes in treating them. It's typically a four to six week recovery from the surgery.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Dang! Derek Barnett our second year defensive end needs shoulder surgery and is out for the rest of the season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!