Honored Contributor

Re: Week Seven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw  @gardenman

WOW!!!!  That's surprising....I know Larry Fitzgerald was unhappy and he's not usually a vocal kinda guy and one to complain!  ......I think if the Broncos hadn't had a good showing Broncos Vance Joseph would have probably been the one gone......Its said that the Bronco's upper management is closely monitoring Vance

Redskins injury report not good--WR Crowder out, and WR Richardson doubtful, RB AP and Thompson questionable, CB Dunbar is also questionable!!!

And the Redskins released DL Ziggy Hood.....there was a queston as to whether he was going to make the roster at the start of the seaon, well he made it, but it didnt last long....WR Jehu Chesson went from practice squad to active roster..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have a suspicion we'll see lots of coaching changes at the end of this season. Shurmur's job with the Giants could be in jeopardy. Jason Garrett may get promoted to a front office role. (He's more of a cheerleader than a coach.) A whole lot of teams are under-performing so far and that's not good for a head coach's job security.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Eric Ebron has found a new home in Indy. He has scored 6 receiving touchdowns in 6 weeks, and is improving on handling the ball. I liked the signing from the beginning; always felt that he had the talent and just needed it utilized. Sometimes players thrive with different teams.  Another example is Josh Gordon who seems to be doing well with NE, when Cleveland gave up. 

I don't blame the teams for releasing these players. Sometimes they just need a new way of coaching or a different atmosphere. 

The Jets are releasing Terrelle Pryor soon. I wonder if there will be another team who is interested. He is injured right now, so not sure what his chances would be.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Eric Ebron has found a new home in Indy. He has scored 6 receiving touchdowns in 6 weeks, and is improving on handling the ball. I liked the signing from the beginning; always felt that he had the talent and just needed it utilized. Sometimes players thrive with different teams.  Another example is Josh Gordon who seems to be doing well with NE, when Cleveland gave up. 

I don't blame the teams for releasing these players. Sometimes they just need a new way of coaching or a different atmosphere. 

The Jets are releasing Terrelle Pryor soon. I wonder if there will be another team who is interested. He is injured right now, so not sure what his chances would be.

@teganslaw

New England has a strong locker room and coaching staff so even problem players behave themselves because they have a good chance of making playoffs and even the Super Bowl.....

Yep, my Redskin bet on Pryor and he was a bust (Bruce Allen isnt a great GM), and now Pryor is a bust with the Jets too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Today we have-----

Breakfast game---

Titans vs Chargers

Noon games--

Texans at Jaguars

Panthers at Eagles

Afternoon game--

Cowboys vs Redskins-HTTR!

SNF---

Bengals vs Chiefs

MNF-

Giants vs Falcons----

Honored Contributor

Bruce Arians was talking about the need for a QB (Mariota) to get in a rhythm. It would be interesting to see a team take the first two preseason games to completely focus on just one offensive aspect. Say in preseason game one, only pass the ball. Ignore the defense and no matter what, pass the ball. In preseason game two only run the ball regardless of down and distance. In game three you could mix and match, but it could be interesting to try and force your offense to perform when the defense knows you'll be only running or passing. You could even try a similar strategy on defense. One game go all nickel or dime and see what happens. Another game stay in base defense no matter what.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:
Bruce Arians was talking about the need for a QB (Mariota) to get in a rhythm. It would be interesting to see a team take the first two preseason games to completely focus on just one offensive aspect. Say in preseason game one, only pass the ball. Ignore the defense and no matter what, pass the ball. In preseason game two only run the ball regardless of down and distance. In game three you could mix and match, but it could be interesting to try and force your offense to perform when the defense knows you'll be only running or passing. You could even try a similar strategy on defense. One game go all nickel or dime and see what happens. Another game stay in base defense no matter what.

@gardenman

With teams being so afraid of getting starters hurt now so they dont get to play during pre-season and establish a rhythm...so its like the first few regular season games are really more like practice games!!!! And it shouldnt be that way......(that Alex Smith's problem)

I think all the restrictions from the players union to the league limiting practice, OTAs and training camp is actually counterproductive for veterans--No chance to get in sync..The 3rd pre-season game used to be called "dress rehearsal".. not any more...............Now preason is more used for coaches to determine what rookies to keep, and who to put on the practice squad.

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU titans and chargers for making it worth it to turn on the tv early on a sunday morning. Smiley Wink good game!

its a cool, windy day here......it finally feels like football weather.

morning game

CBS

titans at chargers (although it is being played in london)

early afternoon game

CBS

patriots at bears

late afternoon game

FOX

saints at baltimore

CBS

cowboys at redskins

SNF

NBC

bengals at chiefs

MNF

ESPN

giants at falcons

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Interesting. Jordan Mailata, the former rugby player, is active for the Eagles today. I suspect we might see him in a few goal line or short yardage situations. He's 6'-8" and around 350 lbs, but runs like a deer. He's insanely athletic. I strongly suspect the Eagles have played with him at running back or tight end in addition to his offensive tackle role. I don't think there are a lot of defenders looking forward to tackling a guy his size.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

cannot believe that the TITANS decided to go for two points!

why not just tie it and go into overtime?

i think that was a big mistake.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein