Respected Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@sunshine45 wrote:

RAVENS were HOT!!!!!  59 - 10

great plays throughout the entire game from both the offense and the defense.

even RG3 had a touchdown  drive in this game!

franchise record for points in the first half.

franchise record for total yards.

equally helpful......bengals lost, browns lost, steelers are not looking good against the patriots.

Yes, they did win big, but let's remember, they played the Dolphins!!  Reportedly, several Dolphin players were requesting trades after the game Sunday....

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

We had a 24-6 lead IN THE FOURTH QUARTER and ending up in tie....

I have no words once again....

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal 

yes, they were predicted to have an easy win agains the dolphins plus a number of franchise records were broken.

but who knew it would be a BIG win?

it was nice to see lamar jackson actually throwing some powerful balls instead of just running..... a big change from last year.

we looked good and it definitely serves as motivation.

hey, sitting in first place all alone brings a smile to my face, even if it is only game one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@redwingsgal 

yes, they were predicted to have an easy win agains the dolphins plus a number of franchise records were broken.

but who knew it would be a BIG win?

it was nice to see lamar jackson actually throwing some powerful balls instead of just running..... a big change from last year.

we looked good and it definitely serves as motivation.

hey, sitting in first place all alone brings a smile to my face, even if it is only game one.

@sunshine45 

And I bet how bad the Steelers looked put a smile on your face too Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Permit me to vent:

I got so irritated after ONE game....a game when many starters were given their first opportunity to play for the seson .....YET from what all the national anlaysts and media said, let's just cancel the rest of the season and put the Cowboys and the Patriots in the Super Bowl~!!!! 🙄

Everyone was absolutely RAVING about the Cowboys but no mention by the national media that they were playing one of the worst defenses in the NFL....5 days ago, a ranking had them at 29th in the league.....and Eli was struggling on offense with few weapons other than Barkley, and poor play selection was a factor as well.....BUT to quote a Titan player who said what was so true of the Browns....and quoted the late great Denny Green, "they are who we thought they were" (speaking of the Giants)....so no surprise the Cowboys got a solid win....And speaking of the Browns, just because it looks good on paper doesnt mean it will be that way out of the gate....and YES the Dolphins are tanking for Tua!!! Season ticketholders should ALL be given a refund !!! 

29. New York Giants

One of the worst defenses in football a year ago somehow managed to get even worse during the offseason. The Giants downgraded from Landon Collins to Jabrill Peppers at safety. At corner, it’s Janoris Jenkins then a bunch of unproven guys. The Giants haven’t found a good linebacker this decade. The defensive line is a bunch of guys you never heard of after New York traded DE Olivier Vernon to Cleveland. Other than that, this defense is in pretty good shape.

Same was true of the Patriots....the Steelers were DOWNRIGHT AWFUL at all phases of their game ....an easy schedule and an easy Division certainly also gives the Patriots a big advantage....few seem to mention this as well.

My main point---HEY MEDIA!!!!---Lets at least get half way into this regular season before we start labling teams as contenders and pretenders......

And no Im not saying the Redskins will be one of the contendersw--- I stand by my prediction of 7-9 at best....but I think too many people are jumping to conclusions way too early in the season....

Thanks for letting me vent.....

I could NOT agree more, @Spurt !  Someone please tell me why Troy Aikman continues to do national coverage of HIS team!!??  He refers to the Cowhands as "we" and "us".  NOT very professional, IMO.  Fox continues to allow this year after year.  I do NOT watch if Troy is announcing the cowhands.

@redwingsgal 

The NFL Announcing/Analyst Tandems have decreased in talent on all the networks over the years.....except for Tony Romo who is brought a new fresh approach to the game...and a lot of the networks are drooling to get him......

And nothing worse than having a HOMER analyst doing a game..So Troy Boy and the Cowboys is not a good combination.....And also I just can't stand CHARLES DAVIS either!!!  For some reason Fox promoted Davis as their 2nd best team 😖 (behind Buck/Aikman)........Where have all the GOOD NFL TV Announcing/Analyst teams gone??????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

There is a conversation going in the Colts forums about whether Vinatieri should retire or be released. I wouldn't release him after yesterday's bad showing, but I think he needs to be monitored as to what might be going. Is it just one game or is age finally catching up to him? Health issues?  If he has some more bad games, it might be time to move on from Vinatieri. I hate to think that way, but this is concerning, and he won't be able to go on forever. Wait things out, see what happens in later games. I think that (hope) that Vinatieri will know when he can't play any longer. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Although the colts lost we didn’t moss a beat without luck. Jacoby was clutch and had us in the red zone on almost every drive. If they clean up the tackling and special teams they will be just fine. If JB keeps playing like he will be the next franchise QB.

Honored Contributor

Multiple Dolphin players have reportedly called their agents to beg to be traded. That's a bad situation down there. Everyone knows what the Dolphins are doing and why, but it's not fun for the players. You feel sorry for everyone involved. The good news for any Miami fans is they'll have the draft picks and cap room to rebuild quickly, but it's going to be ugly for a year or two.

As to the Colts and Vinatieri, I'd give him a week or two, but keep Cody Parkey on speed dial. I think Vinatieri will be okay, but you never know with kickers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The only truly blown coverage I saw from the Redskins was the 53 yard TD pass to DeSean Jackson. A single deep safety with two receivers running deep, one to the left corner, one to the right, is a big mistake. The 51 yard TD to DeSean with Josh Norman in coverage was just DeSean outrunning him. The Eagles had more blown coverages. Malcolm Jenkins bit on an underneath route and left McLaurin one on one with our corner (Rasul Douglas) and running away from him. He or McLeod did the same thing later, but Keenum missed the second throw. The Eagles' safeties need to be a bit more disciplined. They bite on play action and crossing tight ends too often leaving corners alone with speedy receivers. With no safety help, the receiver just turns away from the corner and zips off. If he and the QB are on the same page, it's a touchdown. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

i did not follow that game......did he miss some field goals or extra points?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein