Trusted Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

AB has been officially released.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

AB has been officially released.

So, at 4:01PM ET he can sign with another team. The Cowboys and Patriots have been most willing to take a chance on bad boys lately. The Chiefs, Bengals and Redskins might take a look. There aren't a lot of teams where he wouldn't be their top receiver. It'll be fun to see where he signs.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

AB can't sign with anyone until after four, but I'm betting Drew Rosenhaus (his agent) is working the phone nearly nonstop. Negotiating a new deal will be tricky. I'm betting it'll be minimum guaranteed and a ton of incentives.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

OMG!!! The AB Saga continues.... que up Sonny & Cher's "The Beat Goes On".....

Gee I miss the days when we had WRs like Art Monk, Santa Moss,  Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown,  Henry Ellard and many more..guys that kept their mouth shut and just did their job WITH CLASS!!!....And current ones like Larry Fitzgerald......Now most WRS like AB and Julio Jones are divas .............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

OMG!!! The AB Saga continues.... que up Sonny & Cher's "The Beat Goes On".....

Gee I miss the days when we had WRs like Art Monk, Santa Moss,  Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown,  Henry Ellard and many more..guys that kept their mouth shut and just did their job WITH CLASS!!!....And current ones like Larry Fitzgerald......Now most WRS like AB and Julio Jones are divas .............

There's a pretty hot rumor that the Redskins would like to sign AB. The phone call between the two Gruden's could be interesting to eavesdrop on. The Redskins could use a top notch wide receiver, but is there anyone on the team that could check AB?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

To the shock and surprise of no one, NFL.com is reporting that Antonio Brown is signing with the Patriots.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

image.png

Word on the street is it's the Pats.

Honored Contributor

A one year, $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus. Some are speculating that Drew Rosenhaus learned the Pats were interested and relayed that to AB who forgot his "forgive me" plea made last night and inspired his latest tantrum to get cut.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Though not a fan of either team, I'm hoping Pittsburgh wins Sunday night. (apologies to Sunshine45). Just to spite NE and show them that the Steelers don't need A.B. and his tantrums. Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown together, it would be too funny if Brown continued acting up and Gordon got into trouble again. I'm just tired of NE always winning everything. It was especially nice when the Eagles beat them in the Superbowl.  

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's probably been the plan all along. He played everyone like a fiddle.

That was a pretty quick deal, minutes after 4 lol