Trusted Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt wrote:

LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!!!

Image result for kitten bowl

@Spurt

Awwwww.....!!!!Woman HappyWoman Happy

Thks!!

Honored Contributor

not too worried about the nike company........and very proud of their stance.

Don’t ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they’re crazy enough. #justdoit

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

YESSSSSSSS tonight is the official start to the football season!

FINALLY.........

i bleed purple

gooooooooo RAVENS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

well, so far, this has been a pretty boring first game of the season........

Honored Contributor

well, i take it back.......the last quarter was a good one to watch!

sooooooooooo many penalties in this game though!

congrats eagles fans, falcons fans it was a close finish!

Honored Contributor

Not a great, well played game, but an important game for both teams. If they both make the playoffs, these head to head games can determine the seeding and home field advantage. Oddly, our tight ends played poorly. Zach Ertz dropped three passes. That's a year's worth of drops for Ertz. He'll be spending twenty-three and a half hours a day with the jugs machine working on his catching mechanics. Goedert had a pass knocked free that then got intercepted. I don't put the full blame on Goedert though. Nick Foles was a half second late delivering the ball and that half second put the safety on Goedert just as the ball got there.

The defense played very, very well. Julio Jones had a big game stat wise, but didn't score. The d-line dominated. The d-backs played very well. Our new punter could end up leading the league in punting. He's got a cannon of a leg.

I love Doug Pederson stealing the Patriots' pass to Tom Brady and renaming it Philly Philly and using it last night. That takes a certain amount of nerve. Teams are going to start rotating their defense to cover Foles. He's becoming our most dangerous receiver.

Not one of the prettiest games, but a win is a win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

There was unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on the Eagles when a player went out of bounds and didn't get back in bounds within a certain amount of time. It seems rather odd that it was a penalty; I never heard of that one before. 

It's unlike Zach Ertz to drop that many passes. Maybe it was just a fluke, and he'll get better. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

YESSSSSSSS tonight is the official start to the football season!

FINALLY.........

i bleed purple

gooooooooo RAVENS!

Me too, GO VIKINGS!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, as others have said, it was not pretty ... but hey, a win is a win!Woman Wink

The defense was spectacular! Julio Jones is so good ... congrats to the Eagle defense for containing him!

Loved the Philly Philly  "Brady play" ... it gave the offense a much-needed spark! Not sure what was happening with Ertz ... very uncharacteristic play. But in the end it didn't matter. Foles and the others like Agholor, Ajayi, Clement, and Sproles came through and did enough to get the 18 points! 

Heard that there were 26 penalties called which tied the highest number in any game last year! I guess most calls were legit ... but it really became tedious.

So the Eagles are off to a winning start!!! Woman Happy

Go Eagles!!!

Honored Contributor

The Eagles now enter a slightly easier stretch of the schedule with the Bucs, Colts, and Titans as their next three opponents. All three teams have suspect defenses which may help the Eagles get their offense in sync. Nothing's a given in the NFL, but I could see the Eagles being 4-0 or 3-1 heading into week five. The Bucs game being an NFC game is the most important of the three. If Nick can get the team to that point, it sets things up nicely for Carson's return.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!