Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I'm watching the Colts-Buffalo game.. Buffalo leads 27-14 with less than 10 minutes to go. I had a feeling that Buffalo would be tough and they proved me right. McCoy is back in the game, so he couldn't have had a serious injury.

That's interesting about the Jets wanting Cousins. I just found out. Waiting to see where RG11 will end up. I'm expecting news on that story any time.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Redskins imploded in the second half. Pity. They looked pretty good in the first half. I wouldn't be shocked to see RGIII go to Houston this week. They benched Hoyer and went to Mallett, so they've got serious QB issues. If they could get him for a fifth round pick or something similar, it would be a smart move.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I'm watching the Colts-Buffalo game.. Buffalo leads 27-14 with less than 10 minutes to go. I had a feeling that Buffalo would be tough and they proved me right. McCoy is back in the game, so he couldn't have had a serious injury.

That's interesting about the Jets wanting Cousins. I just found out. Waiting to see where RG11 will end up. I'm expecting news on that story any time.

@teganslaw  I knew the Bills defense would be good but they kind of shocked me....they looked well prepared and in mid season form.....  I know many are putting pressure on the Colts Coach, Chuck, and saying it's the Super Bowl or he's going to lose hsi job, but I still think there is are a few missing pieces that need to be added first..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Redskins imploded in the second half. Pity. They looked pretty good in the first half. I wouldn't be shocked to see RGIII go to Houston this week. They benched Hoyer and went to Mallett, so they've got serious QB issues. If they could get him for a fifth round pick or something similar, it would be a smart move.

@gardenman I was watching Red Zone--I like the way Cousins adjusted after that first  interception....his second interception was a tipped pass... and it appears that they were moving up and down the field, but the Dolphins D seemed to improve as the game went on, Suh finally came to life.... And ONCE AGAIN special teams did us in when the Dolphins returned a punt 69 yds for a TD....that was the difference.   The Niles Paul injury really hurt us there......  And the secondary was like a seive....although Amerson did have a nice play that prevented catch on a critical down....

It made me mad how many times the Fox camera panned over to Griffin on the sidelines to catch his reaction---the media is stirring the pot and adding to the distraction....

And with poor performances by both Texan QB it looks like we may have a potential customer or at least an inquiry regarding RGIII.....

What a game between the Seahawks/Rams!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was happy to see Nick Foles have a good game and pull out the win for the Rams. I don't really understand the Seahawks doing an onsides kick in overtime. Why give up that much field position to the Rams? Even if you recover the ball it doesn't do a lot to help you since both teams get a chance to score anymore.

Not a good day for LeSean McCoy. He finished the game with 17 carries for 41 yards for a whopping 2.4 yards per carry. LeSean looked like he'd lost a step last year with the Eagles and once a runningback loses a step they don't generally get it back. It'll be interesting to see how he does this year. The Bills gave him a lot of guaranteed money and that could have been a mistake.

DeSean Jackson pulled his hamstring again so he's likely out for a while. You realy don't want to rush back from a pulled hamstring. You're probably looking at least two weeks and likely more before he's back.

Lots and lots and lots of concussions today. I don't think I've ever seen a week with so many players going out with a concussion.

Marcus Mariota is doing very well in the Tampa/Tennessee game. Peyton Manning doesn't quite look right, but he's doing okay. Derek Carr got knocked out of the Raiders game, but he may come back. It's been an interesting first week. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I got my former Eagles mixed up; McCoy wasn't out of the game. DeSean Jackson was the one injured.

Peyton Manning seems out of rhythm, but this game is all defense so far. Flacco hasn't gotten many yards, either. Manning was sacked three times already Have to see if the offense picks up in the second half.

There is speculation that if the Colts don't make the Superbowl, Pagano is out, that this is a "make or break" year.  But other sources say that isn't the case. Pagano's contract wasn't extended, so I'm not sure exactly what will happen. It will be interesting to see how thngs go at the end of the season.

I would like to see Buffalo beat New England next week. I think they could do it.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I think this offseason will be a very interesting one for head coaches. Nick Saban is talking about coming back to the pros and I suspect he'll be a very hot commodity. Coaches who you might think are absolutely safe might not be so safe if Saban is available. There's likely to be a heck of bidding war for his services.

Terrell Suggs just left the Baltimore game with what could be a torn Achilles. That could be huge for Baltimore. No official diagnosis, but he pulled up lame and was reaching for his Achilles/back of the calf, so my amateur diagnosis is a torn, or partially torn Achilles. We'll have to see, but they carted him off the field, so that's never a good sign.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

RAVENS

good news.......we are tied for second place in our division.......LOL

good news......it was only the first game. Robot wink

good news......the defense looked pretty darn good

bad news......we are also tied for last place in our division......LOL

bad news.....terrell suggs is out for the season.....torn achilles........this will be tough, especially since he is the leader of our defense.

onward to week 2 while i do a little crying.......Robot Sad

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

You never like to see a good player go down with an injury, but after Terrell Suggs took a shot at Sam Bradford's left knee in a meaningless pre-season game, his torn Achilles doesn't especially bother me. Call it karma, bad luck, or whatever, but when you have a guy who takes a cheap shot getting injured, it seems somewhat appropriate.

The Giants are falling over one another accepting blame for the loss to the Cowboys. Tom Coughlin and Eli have both accepted responsibility. Coughlin's taking the blame for calling a pass on third and one, while Eli is taking the blame for not taking the sack and letting the clock run. Both agree that an incomplete pass was a bad outcome.

All off season when people have asked Chip Kelly about his picking up so many injured players he's said the injury rate in the NFL is 100%. When you look at the injured players from yesterday, that statement looks pretty accurate. Luke Joeckel, Luke Kuechly, Derek Carr, Dez Bryant, Terrell Suggs, De Sean Jackson, and many, many more went down in week one. You could make a pretty good team from just the guys injured yesterday.

And tonight we get to see the Eagles in a real game. They looked great in the pre-season, but now the games count. The Falcons have a new coach and when he was the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks they were able to bottle up the Eagles' offense. Granted he had different personnel, so we'll have to see how this plays out. The Falcons were still adding offensive linemen this past week and that offensive line has been porous all preseason. The Eagles' defensive front will apply some serious pressure on them and I suspect Matt Ryan will be in a hurry all night.

The Falcons defense wasn't good last year and the Eagles are a threat both running and passing, so they can't focus on stopping just one aspect of the Eagles offense. It'll be a good test for both teams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Sunday night game. There was bad clock management on the Giants' side, plus Eli should have taken the sack instead of passing. The Cowboys really didn't deserve to win after all the interceptions and penalties. However, a brilliant last minute drive by Romo and a Giant mistake (pun not intended) helped the Cowboys to win. This was a good game to start off SNF.

It's unusual for Peyton Manning to go without throwing a touchdown. He looked uncomfortable, but having the Ravens after you all evening would be enough to make anyone nervous. Very good defensive game on both sides. Who is going to replace Suggs? That is a huge loss.

T.Y. Hilton also got hurt. X-rays were negative, so it's nothing real serious, probably just a sprain. He might mss a few games, though.

Mark Twain