Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Go ahead, Chip, rumor has it you think you could make RG3 "work" (why didn't he get cut???).  Go Cap'n Kirk.

I think the fear of RGIII ending up with the Eagles or Cowboys is why the Redskins won't cut him loose unless he creates chaos for them. Trading three first round picks and a second round pick to get RGIII then cut him and have him come back for an enemy and play well would be humiliating. We'll have to see what they do when he gets cleared from the concussion. They can't cut him while concussed, so we'll have to see what happens. I'm thinking they'll ultimately cut him loose. That $16 million they'll owe him if he fails a physical at the end of the season is a very good reason to cut him loose.

@gardenman  It looks like the talking heads in the DC press agreed with us Gardenman about fears of RGIII going to Texas and Jerrah .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Go ahead, Chip, rumor has it you think you could make RG3 "work" (why didn't he get cut???).  Go Cap'n Kirk.

I think the fear of RGIII ending up with the Eagles or Cowboys is why the Redskins won't cut him loose unless he creates chaos for them. Trading three first round picks and a second round pick to get RGIII then cut him and have him come back for an enemy and play well would be humiliating. We'll have to see what they do when he gets cleared from the concussion. They can't cut him while concussed, so we'll have to see what happens. I'm thinking they'll ultimately cut him loose. That $16 million they'll owe him if he fails a physical at the end of the season is a very good reason to cut him loose.

@gardenman  It looks like the talking heads in the DC press agreed with us Gardenman about fears of RGIII going to Texas and Jerrah .......

Reportedly Mike Shanahan told the Redskins management that making RGIII a pro quarterback would take three to five years. I don't see them giving RGIII that much time. If I was betting I'd say the Redskins are hoping a team loses their starting QB and offers them something in the way of a trade. Failing that, they'll likely look for the right opportunity to cut RGIII so he won't get picked up by a rival. If a nonrival team high up in the free agent claiming list loses a starting quarterback, the Redskins may just waive RGIII hoping that team will claim him and keep him. The Texans would be a nice home for RGIII. If the Redskins could send him there and get anything of value back, they'd likely jump at it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Thank you gardenman for your weekly opinions and analysis. I enjoy reading them each week.

I agree, Giants are HURT  and did not look sharp in the preseason.   I am still hopeful for win.  yellowrose, if you are reading this, you have mail. Good luck, may the best team win!

Good luck to everyone's teams. The first weekend brings hope to all our teams. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Thank you gardenman for your weekly opinions and analysis. I enjoy reading them each week.

I agree, Giants are HURT  and did not look sharp in the preseason.   I am still hopeful for win.  yellowrose, if you are reading this, you have mail. Good luck, may the best team win!

Good luck to everyone's teams. The first weekend brings hope to all our teams. Smiley Happy

This has the feel of a season like several years ago where the Giants got off to a horrible start, Coughlin was written off, then they rallied for a bunch of wins towards the end of the season.

I think we might have lost Yellowrose when the forums changed. I haven't seen her here since then. She used to be a regular on the Home forums and I haven't seen her there either. She may have been one of those unable to log in after the changeover.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

As a long time Patriots fan, I may be a tiny bit partial but I think we will win but not a blow out. I am not comfortable with our secondary. It seems to have some holes in it, pardon the expression. It is exciting to see everyone so excited at the game but I much prefer to watch at home. So glad football is back! I will miss Big Vince Wilfork and am not looking forward to facing him in Houston.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

As a long time Patriots fan, I may be a tiny bit partial but I think we will win but not a blow out. I am not comfortable with our secondary. It seems to have some holes in it, pardon the expression. It is exciting to see everyone so excited at the game but I much prefer to watch at home. So glad football is back! I will miss Big Vince Wilfork and am not looking forward to facing him in Houston.

Belichick is going to earn his paycheck this year. Wilfork was their run stopper and without him clogging up the middle, teams will likely find more success running the ball. That could force the Patriots to cheat a safety up which can hurt the pass defense, which is already weaker without Revis. 

The big edge the Patriots have is Brady. He'll pick that team up and carry them if need be. They're more likely to need to win shootouts this year than low scoring games.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

This has the feel of a season like several years ago where the Giants got off to a horrible start, Coughlin was written off, then they rallied for a bunch of wins towards the end of the season.

I think we might have lost Yellowrose when the forums changed. I haven't seen her here since then. She used to be a regular on the Home forums and I haven't seen her there either. She may have been one of those unable to log in after the changeover.

I sure hope you are right about them  doing well as the season goes on.  I just hope they will have enough wins to get into the playoffs.   I keep reminding myself, one game at a time. lol

If I hear from yellowrose, I'll post an update.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

gardenman.................I totally agree regarding Wilfork. I am not really sure how much he was asking for but was very surprised to see him go. He was one of those players who really loved being here and was very involved in the charity scene in Boston.

We will mis the abilities of Revis there is not denying but I think he never teally wanted to stay here and was glad to go. We do not have a replacement and that worries me. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you garden man for a great start to the football year! 

Wakefield- I'm watching the game now. patriots need to win and get passed today. I think Vince was probably getting too old and slow for Patriots. Bill does not go with sentiment. How did you like the Brady shirt  substitute if Brady was not there tonight? It was a great idea. 

And we are off!

Honored Contributor

And now we've got radiogate! We just get done with deflategate and here come the Patriots with a new gambit. Apparently all the Steelers could hear on their headsets in the first half of the game was the radio broadcast of the game. Gee, I wonder how that happened? The Patriots had the same problem with their radios, but with their coordinators on the sideline, it was less of an issue for them.

Mike Tomlinson was less than happy about the radio issue after the game. He claimed there's always some issue with the Patriots. I'm guessing the league will be taking a look at the radio issues now. One gets the impression that the Patriots have either the most inept stadium employees who can't properly inflate football's and connect radios, or maybe, just maybe they really are as sleazy as they appear.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!