Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I tend to judge quarterbacks by how much they scare me when they take the field with two minutes left and they need a score. Aaron Rodgers is the scariest QB in that scenario. Brady and Brees are right behind him. Those three are in a class by themselves. You just cringe if they've got a chance to beat your team at the end of a game. No one else really scares me all that much, but those three are scary with the game on the line. Other QB's might be able to eke out a win, but you kind of expect those three to find a way to win every time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WRs Trey Quinn and Cam Sims have high ankle sprains...but NO, NO, NO the Redskins are NOT interested in Dez Bryant.....They could and probably will re-sign Brian Quick who was let go on waivers and still available.....

Terrell Owens is in San Antonio for a Celebrity Bowling Tournament to benefit The Salvation Army and hosted by retired Spur and die hard Eagles fan, Malik Rose.  Malik made sure to remind everyone His Eagles were NFL Champs.....(Malik's splits time between SA and Detroit, he is now an Assistant GM with NBA Pistons)...

Local Sportscaster Don Harris, talked to TO....and TO's an avid bowler, and an avid NBA fan so he knew a lot about the Spurs.  Don teased him and said luckily he played for not only for the Eagles but the Cowboys too since he was in Cowboy country SMH.... Nothing was mentioned if TO will try out for our Alliance For America Football Team.  OH My----What If------ afterall he had a workout with CFL in August!----Ya never know with TO Smiley Wink LOL

Speaking of the Cowboys---boy is everyone ragging on the not so good performance in Sundays game on all levels---if things continue predictions for doom and gloom

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

forgot to congratulate you on the redskins win.......pretty darn sweet!

i know my brother is happy also!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

the lions are imploding.......what is going on?

crazy monday night game one!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Kudos to Sam Darnold for bouncing back after throwing a horrible pick. The kid looks like the real deal. It's been forever since the Jets had a really good QB.

Jon Gruden and the Raiders are off to a shaky start. I don't think Gruden was a good hire, but we'll see.

The Eagles are really looking everywhere for wide receiver help. Thet added three more to the practice squad and are auditioning two recently cut vets. I don't see a huge issue at WR but apparently the Eagles do.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are disappointed in their loss, but everyone is relieved that Andrew Luck is back and that he looks as good as ever. Now the team needs to work on the running game and eliminating penalties. Not fumbling the ball would help, too. (looking at Jack Doyle, whose fumble caused the Bengals to get the ball and win the game.) Doyle was on his way to scoring a touchdown which would have given the game to the Colts. 

I have a bad feeling about Gruden in Oakland. Maybe I'm wrong and the team will turn things around, but I still think Gruden is overpaid. 

Jets. Jets, Jets! Enough said. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Sam Darnold showed such poise and composure. He did not let that first possession bad throw rattle him in the least. Congrats!! Well done!! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I look forward to football season all summer long, and POOF!!!  One game in and we SUCK once again!!!  Well, the first play was exciting!

On a side note, I scored less points than anyone in my FF league this week Smiley Sad

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I look forward to football season all summer long, and POOF!!!  One game in and we SUCK once again!!!  Well, the first play was exciting!

On a side note, I scored less points than anyone in my FF league this week Smiley Sad

Don't get too down. It's just week one. The Lions could end up going 15-1. You never know. Stranger things have happened.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt

forgot to congratulate you on the redskins win.......pretty darn sweet!

i know my brother is happy also!

@sunshine45

Thanks! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”