Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

SPURT,  Ryan Grant is listed as #2 WR behind T.Y. Hilton, so the Colts have high expectations for him. I'm hoping it works out. 

Marlon Mack is improving, but in Reich's words it's no "slam-dunk" that he'll be ready for the opening game. I take that to mean that he won't play, maybe miss a couple games. They'll be relying on Jordan Wilkins for that role. 

I like  the video about Aaron Rodgers. There was a commercial where he said that no one comes into their house without paying the price. Then the Colts go into Lambeau and easily win. (This happened a couple years ago.)  The Packers almost pulled it out, but it was too late. It was ironic that this game was played right after the commercial. Woman LOL

Colin Kaepernick is back in the news. He's the new spokesperson for Nike, causing many people to burn their Nikes out of protest. Jason Whitlock said that this is going to hurt the company; they already lost money. I wouldn't want to be one of their shareholders. I think that his lawsuit against the NFL is still pending. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@redwingsgal said something that has my green and gold blood boiling!

I am sorry, I did not mean it.  What did I say???

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I am hoping Patricia brings some of the Pats will to win to Detroit, @Spurt.  But we still need a run game and Blount is probably not the answer.  We shall see!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Blount's a good short-term running back. He looked bad in the preseason last year, but played well in the regular season and post season. He can just destroy tacklers in the open field. I worry about coaches from the Belichick coaching tree. For whatever reason, they tend to flop. Patricia just never feels like a head coach to me.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Le'Veon Bell is still a no-show. He hasn't signed his tender and it's not known whether he will play the first game. However, the Steelers aren't concerned as they've been through this scenario before. They have other players who can take over when needed. 

I'm wondering if Bell will eventually leave Pittsburgh. He doesn't seem happy with the contract and doesn't want to play under the franchise tag. Maybe it will go down to only two "Killer bees." Have to see what happens. 

At this point, I'm sick of him. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@redwingsgal said something that has my green and gold blood boiling!

I am sorry, I did not mean it.  What did I say???

--------

Simply that a Bears upset would be awesome. But don't take me seriously @redwingsgal!

Respected Contributor

Ahhhhh, I get it now, Auntg !!  But the only reason it would be awesome is bc the Packers are ALWAYS so good!!!

Gotta love the Black and Blue division!!!

Trusted Contributor

Well, it is finally here!!! Football 2018!!!

But oh my, what a muggy day we are having in the Philly area!

Currently at about 11 am the temp is 89 ... the dew point is 74 ... so it feels like 99!!

The projected conditions for about 8 pm are not much better ... temp of 84 with a dew point still of 74 giving a "feels-like" temp of 94!

It will drop a bit during the game but will still be very humid. And there could be a thunderstorm, but hopefully that will hold off.

Go Eagles!!!

Honored Contributor

It'll be interesting to see who the active players are tonight. Carson Wentz, Alshon Jeffery, and Mack Hollins will be inactive. I'm most intrigued to see if Jordan Mailata, our 6'-8" 260 lb former rugby player, is active. The guy could be a heck of a red zone weapon. He's absurdly athletic and fit. As a short yardage back, he'd be nearly unstoppable.

We're short on wide receivers this week, but the guys we've got are burners. With deep speed forcing teams to keep safeties deep, Ertz and Goedert as big tight ends working the middle of the field and Clement and Sproles coming out of the backfield, defenses will be forced to defend the whole field. Jay Ajayi, Clement, and Sproles can be dominant running backs in the running game in addition to conpetent pass receivers. 

The Eagles o-line is as good as any in the game. The d-line may be the best in the league, and deep besides. The corner play has been exceptional with Darby and Mills glued to receivers all preseason. On paper, the Eagles look really good. We'll see how that translates to the game tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!!!

Image result for kitten bowl

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”