Honored Contributor

Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

We start with the Falcons at the Eagles. I'm not sure what to expect from the Eagles offense in week one. I think we'll see a lot of the running game with Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, and Darren Sproles. The Eagles have added some deep speed at the receiver spot so we could see some deep balls thrown if the safeties cheat up. I'm intrigued to see if Jordan Mailata is active for the game. He's potentially a powerful goalline runner/blocker/receiver on short yardage plays. I'll take the Eagles, but a Falcon win wouldn't surprise me.

The Bengals go to the Colts. This is a coin flip game to me. I guess I'll take the Colts.

The Bills go to the Ravens. A rookie QB against the Ravens defense? I'll take the Ravens.

The Jags at the Giants. That Jag defense will test the Giants o-line. I've got the Jags winning.

The Bucs go to the Saints. I'll take the Saints. I just don't trust Jameis Winston.

The Texans go to New England. This should be a fun game. I'll give the edge to New England. That Texans edge pass rush will challenge Brady, but he's more rattled by a rush up the middle.

The Niners go to the Vikings in another good game. The Niners may have lost their top RB, while the Vikings are still adjusting to Kirk Cousins. I think I'll take the Vikings.

The Titans go to the Dolphins. I'll take the Titans.

The Steelers take on the Browns. I'll take the Steelers.

The Chiefs go to the Chargers. I'll take the chiefs despite not being sure about Mahomes.

The Seahawks go to the Broncos. I'll take Seattle. Russell Wilson will find a way to win.

The Cowboys go to the Panthers. Another coin flip game to me. I have no idea which Cam Newton will show up. If good Cam shows up, I'd take the Panthers. If bad Cam, I'd take the Cowboys. I'll take the Panthers since they're home.

The Redskins at the Cards. Eh, another coin flip game ror me. The Cards will likely run the ball on the Redskins while Alex Smith tries to throw the ball a ton. I'll take the Cards.

The Bears at the Packers. I like what the Bears have done this offseason, but Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers. I'll take the Packers. (I'd still like to see Dez Bryant sign with the Pack.)

The Jets go to the Lions. I'll take the Lions.

The Rams go to the Raiders. I'll take the Rams. The Raiders are building for the future and seem willing to throw away this season. Gruden's got a ten year deal and it looks like he's willing to take a few years to build his team.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Jameis Winston has been suspended three games for violation of NFL conduct. rules. It has to do with an Uber incident in 2016. It will be Fitzpatrick against Brees in NO. If Winston can't be trusted, I imagine that Fitzpatrick isn't any better. I'd take NO, also. 

Terrible news about the Ravens kicker. Thoughts and prayers are with him. 

The main problem the Colts had in preseason is with the running game. With Turbin out for four games, the other players are going to have to step up. At least Hilton will be back with Luck. Those two have a certain connection. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Heard some analysts say something that puts the importance, or lack thereof, of this first week into perspective .....

Last season the NE Patriots lost their week one game to the Chiefs. But which team made it to the Super Bowl??!!Woman Happy

As they said, many good teams will be pitted against one another this week, and unless there are ties, some of the future playoff teams this season will start off with a loss. So their bottom line advice ... week one is fun, but fans should not worry if their team loses!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

With the new practice rules and shorter training camp, teams don't really round into form until 4-6 weeks into the season. You'll see lots of dumb mistakes, blown coverages, and chaos early on in the season. By the time Halloween rolls around you have a pretty good feel for which teams will be playoff capable. The early season product can be kind of ugly. Still I'd prefer to win ugly than lose ugly.

I'm interested to see if the Eagles have been doing anything different with Jordan Mailata after they closed practices to the media. Seeing the highlight films of him running over big Australian rugby players, I suspect Doug Pederson has some special plays in mind for the kid. All he did in front of the media was practice at left offensive tackle, but there have been three weeks of practice since then. We'll have to see if he's active on game day. He'd make one heck of a short yardage back. It's been interesting watching his progress. He went from a longshot to make the roster, to a guy some are now projecting as a future pro bowl player. Finding guys with that size, speed and athleticism is very rare. For him to learn one of the most complicated positions in football as quickly as he did is impressive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I wonder if the Eagles are thinking of starting Sudfeld and having Foles ready from the bench? Sudfeld is far more mobile, had a better summer, and could perform well. It would be weird to not be playing the $20 million Super Bowl MVP, but you never know. The staff reportedly loves Sudfeld and he had a better summer. That could explain Doug's decision not to name a starter. It would be a very bold move, but Doug makes lots of bold moves.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Bears GM didn't say for sure if Mack will play the first game; he hopes that Mack will be ready, but he has to get used to the new system. I'm thinking that he will play because it's a division game and Aaron Rodgers!

Doug Pederson should get some pointers from Bill Belichick about how to deal with the media. That might help him get through the pressers. 

QB Phillip Walker did make the practice squad, as did rookie WR Reece Fountain, who played very well  in the fourth preseason game. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

For some reason the Giants cut their young backup QB Davis Webb on Sunday. They're really betting the season on Eli both staying healthy and playing well. I'm not sure that's a bet I'd take on a 37 year old QB behind that offensive line. Some draft experts were raving about the potential of Kyle Lauletta, the Giants 4th round pick at QB, but I haven't heard much about him since the draft. It's going to be an interesting year to be a Giants fan.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Can't wait to see JJ Watt back on the field!  My heart belongs to the Steelers so Here We Go Steelers!  Hope everyone's teams have a HEALTHY season

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YAY!!!  WEEK ONE!!

Here's my picks:

Falcons vs Eagles-Eagles QB situation seems up in the air, the Falcons QB situation is ready with Matt Ryan-FALCONS

Bengals vs Colts-My cat Figgy says to go with feline team so BENGALS it is!

Bills vs Ravens--Rookie QB for Bills and Ravens D, Ill take the RAVENS

Jags vs Giants--OBJ is back, but the Giants didnt do enough to improve their o-line.  Even with promising RB  Barkley they will struggle against Jags strong D......JAGS

Bucs vs Saints-Bucs were disappointing last season and Winstons suspension this year doesnt help!  Saints seem focused with a mission for the Super Bowl-SAINTS!

Texans vs Patriots--JJ WATT IS BACK!!!  And so is QB DeShaun Watson.  Of course, so is Brady and Gronk!!! Im going for the upset and taking JJ and the TEXANS!

49ers vs Vikings--QBs Jimmy G vs Capt Kirk, 49ers lost their RB, going VIKINGS!

Titans vs Dolphins-Coin flip game.  Ill go with the DOLPHINS!!!

Steelers vs Browns-STEELERS!

Chiefs vs Chargers-Interesting game!  Lets see if Mahomes is the QB that Reid thinks he is.  I'm going with Philip Rivers and the CHARGERS

Seahawks vs Broncos---The Seahawks are rebuilding and QB Russell Wilson is their main constant.  Im going with the BRONCOS and Case Keenum and that defense....

Cowboys vs Panthers--The Cowboys have RB Zeke, and the Panthers have CAM and the Cowboys have holes in their D, and new WRs for Dak....PANTHERS!

Redskins vs Cardinals-Alex Smith's debut, a new D line, and a healthy TE Reed and RB Thompson, much expected from WRS Richardson, Doctson, holes in secondary.  Bradford at QB for Cards, and WR Fitzgerald--going with my REDSKINS HTTR!!!  

Bears vs Packers-New contract for Rodgers, punched a shark in the face for summer fun......Da Bears got Mack but he might not play much....going with the PACKERS!

Jets vs Lions- QB for Jets rookie Donaldson, QB for Lions Stafford--going with the LIONS!

Rams vs Raiders---Rams loaded up this off season, Raiders seem to be a mess under "Chuckie" as coach, they lost best player in Mack--picking RAMS!!!

Good Luck Everyone

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

So happy to be back!!!

Eagles over Falcons                                      My niece loves the Eagles

Bengals over Colts                                        Andy Dalton

Ravens over Bills                                          Bills are a weak team

Jags over Giants                                           Agree, Jags D

Saints over Bucs                                           Even if Jamies was playing

Texans over Pats                                           I feel it too, could be wrong

49ers over Vikings                                         I doubt it, but I hope so.  Love Kirk tho

Titans over Dolphins                                      No faith in Tannehill

Steekers over Browns                                   Too soon, Baker, too soon

Chargers over Chiefs                                    Rivers over Mahomes

Broncos over Seahawks                               Seattle D is gone

Panthers over Cowboys                                I hope

Redskins over Cardinals                               This could be wrong

Packers over Bears                                       An upset would be awesome

LIONS over Jets                                            MNF-WHAAAAT????
Rams over Raiders                                       Rams are superbowl winners this year!

Good Luck to all teams!!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it