Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Preseason Schedule!!!

Spencer Ware won't be on the Colts' roster. He wants to play this season, and being on the PUP list restricts him, (he'd have to miss at least six games this season) so the Colts will be filing an injury settlement. That way, after he's healed, Ware could sign with another team. Thus the reason for getting Foreman.

DE Jabaal Sheard had a procedure on his knee and could miss the first regular season game. 

Andrew Luck expects to be ready for the season. He's being cautious so he won't reinjure his calf muscle. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Cowboys reportedly have offers out to Dak, Zeke and Cooper that would make each of them one of the top five paid guys at their position. (I'm guessing fifth of the top five or they'd have said top four, three, two, one.) Kind of interesting since they say Zeke is the best back in the league. Dak is the quarterback JJ would take over any other, and Cooper is the best receiver the Cowboys have had.

"You guys are the best, so we'd like to reward you by making you the fifth highest paid guys at your positions. No, don't thank me. It's nothing. Wait? What do you mean it's not enough? You want to be paid the most? But why?"

"Well, you said we were the best." 

"You are! You're my bright shining Texas stars! I wouldn't trade any of you for anyone else in the league, but I don't want to pay you what you're worth. That's just crazy talk."

"Well, we'll see you next year then. Let us know how this season plays out for you without us."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Ballard is a family friend of the Foreman family. That is probably why he isn’t worried about the kids work ethic. Texans are just a mess.

Honored Contributor

It's going to be interesting to see what the Texans do with Clowney. That trade deadline could be pretty interesting this year. The Texans would only get an end of the third round pick in compensation if he leaves in free agency. Do they try to move him for more than that? Do they keep him? Do they put the franchise tag on him again next year? Reportedly their former GM wanted to pay Clowney and the coach said no, which is why he's the former GM. He lost the power battle with the head coach. Now there is no GM and the head coach is in control. What does that mean for Clowney?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's game day! Yea! Finally! The Eagles take on the Titans tonight. No official word if we'll see much, if any, of the Eagles starters in tonight's game and if we see them at all, it'll be a short visit. Doug Pederson is pretty intent on keeping his top guys healthy.

Jason Peters will likely be benched to give Andre Dillard, the Eagles first round pick, more playing time at left tackle.Dillard will be fun to watch. He's had a good camp and his strong suit is pass protection. I don't think Doug Pederson would trust him to guard Wentz's blindside just yet though, so we likely won't see Wentz playing much, if any tonight.

Our rookie runningback Miles Sanders has been getting a ton of praise in camp. Everyone says he just looks better than every other runner in camp. We'll have to see how he does in game action.

My best guess is the starters on offense for the Eagles tonight will be Nate Sudfeld at QB. Sanders at RB. Goedert at TE. JJ Arcega-Whiteside as one starting WR. Dillard at left offensive tackle. Opeta at left guard. Wisniewski at center. Vaitai or Pryor at right guard. Mailata at right offensive tackle. Marken Michel at the slot WR spot. And Hollins or Agudoshi at the other WR.

I suspect Sudfeld won't even be in the game long before being moved out and Cody Kessler and Clayton Thorson then getting the majority of the reps. Kessler really stepped up his game once training camp started. Thorson had his best day of practice on Tuesday, so he may finally be getting his head together. The Eagles have changed his throwing motion a bit and it takes a while for that to become automatic. He was thinking too much early on and sailing throws here, there and everywhere, but has improved recently.

The best case scenario is the Eagles come out and play well tonight. They look sharp. They win the game and no one gets hurt. Worst case scenario is multiple players go down to injury and the team looks lost on the field. 

Our first real taste of football comes tonight though and it should be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

In news around the league, the Raiders have an injury report you don't see that often. Antonio Brown is out with frostbitten feet. Frostbite? In LA? In August? Yeah, it turns out he tried using the cryotherapy without the necessary booties and got frostbite. You don't often see frostbite listed on an injury report. Certainly not in August, in LA.

Saturday night the Cowboys get to see what life is like without Ezekiel Elliott. They play the Niners and if the Niners were smart they'd let whoever the Cowboys RB is run wild. Let the Cowboys think they don't need Elliott. "My God, we don't need Elliott! Did you see that kid run through the Niners? Pull back that contract offer to Elliott and let's just keep the kid."  If there is truly collusion in the NFL, every NFC team should collude to let the Cowboys think they can win without Elliott through the preseason then surprise them in the regular season.

Kirk Cousins has developed an odd new excuse for underperforming. His rookie center is too sweaty. Okay then. Twice now he's pointed out the the kid sweats too much making it harder for him to get a good grip on the ball. I guess the equipment guys will have to spray down the center with anti-perspirant before the games. Kirk could just use a towel between plays, but I guess that's asking too much. As a general rule if you put a three hundred plus pound guy out in full sun on a ninety plus degree day, he's going to sweat. If he doesn't sweat he's apt to die, so we'll have to see what happens there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Sooooo excited today is finally here!!  I may not follow the game as closely as some of you here, but I LOVE it and live for it!!  

We host the Patriots tonight, not on live TV here in Tulsa, but I will be watching whatever I can find on cable here!!

Good Luck to everyone's teams!!

RESTORE THE ROAR!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

It would seem that the person running the cryotherapy treatments would have said something to Antonio Brownhim about not wearing the proper footwear...I see a lawsuit coming, too bad the Raiders have to suffer because of ABs stupidity....drama seems to follow him no matter where he goes......

Great take on the Cowboys and their player contracts....LOL!!!!  .....Sounds just like what Jerry would say....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Antonio Brown was in Europe when he got frost bite.....He went there for cryotherapy treatments but didnt wear the proper footware, thats why he got frostbite.....

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'd assumed it was done at the team's facility. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Antonio Brown was in Europe when he got frost bite.....He went there for cryotherapy treatments but didnt wear the proper footware, thats why he got frostbite.....

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'd assumed it was done at the team's facility. 

@gardenman 

Golic and Wingo said it happened in France.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”