Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I was listening to John Keim's latest Podcast and they were optimistic about Washington's offense and that side of the ball....although Brian Robinson's injury did set them back a little on the plans they had envisioned.....With the additions on offense and the best QB the team has had in ages, Scott Turner is kinda on the hot seat.....

Areas of concern are more on the defensive side of the ball, and if they continue to go on the same path as last year, underachieving and unable to stop teams int he Red Zone, Jack Del Rio could be gone....They were saying that the D line which should be their strength was an issue because each player was not playing as a unit, they were playing on what effort made them as an individual look best....and thats an area of concern.....They also didnt address their LB issue......So its up to Wentz and the offense to pick up the slack for the team and its weaknesses!  

Like you I think my sister's Giants are in trouble...and some have them picking first or second in the 2023 Draft!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Remember, in one of the Star War's movies where Princess Leah sends a message, 

“Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi, You’re My Only Hope.”

Well former Washington GM Bruce Allen was supposed to testify before the Congressional Investigation Today, Tuesday 11:30 AM ET.......Some fans were calling Bruce Allen to be "Washington's ONLY HOPE FOR FANS!"  And they hope Allen let's the cat out of the bag and tells everything and anything so the only solution for the NFL is to make Snyder sell the team and END OUR MISERY!!!  But Bruce Allen isnt himself a man to be trusted when he was the GM in Tampa he was known as "The Prince Of Darkness".........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt , That settles it: Washington needs Obi-Wan-Kenobi. Woman LOL

Shaq Leonard will practice three days this week to determine if he's ready to play Sunday. It will depend on how well he does. He says that he's pain free, but maybe he'll need to wait awhile. We will know more by this weekend. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Sean Payton expects the Cowboys to beat the Bucs. Sure, put no pressure on Mike McCarthy at all there Sean. If that was a calculated move, and I expect it was, it's a clever one. "The Cowboys should beat the Bucs." Then if they don't, whose fault is it? The head coach? Yep. Gee, maybe JJ should think about hiring a new one.

Player for player, the Bucs are the better team. Coaching is something of a toss-up. Todd Bowles versus Mike McCarthy will be interesting to watch. Bowles likes to send blitzers from everywhere and with the Cowboys likely starting a rookie left tackle, he'll see a lot of people coming from everywhere. Can he figure out which of the three guys heading his way he's supposed to block?

Tom Brady has seen and chewed up Dan Quinn defenses for years now. Will Quinn throw a few new wrinkles in? Yeah, but what hasn't Brady seen? You're not likely to present something he hasn't seen before.

I would expect to see Sean Payton insist the Cowboys should go 17-0 and then sweep the playoffs shutting out everyone they play. Set the bar so high that Mike McCarthy can't possibly reach it and will get the axe. Then in comes Payton as the team savior. It's a cold-blooded, but effective strategy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw  @gardenman 

TEGANSLAW, Jamie on GMFB picked your Jonathan Taylor as the MVP for the regular season....the bad about that is that many MVP's of the regular season did not go to the Super Bowl that year!

GREAT NEWS---Brian Robinson is proceeding nicely in his recovery, the swelling has gone down an awful lot and he's OFF crutches!!!! ....😀

LOL---Bruce Allen's disposition to the Congressional Investigation lasted 10 hours....😧....they need to take all this information and dysfunction of the NFL Washington team and turn it into a Lifetime movie....or maybe more of a miniseries...🤔 

And the broadcast roulette continues ---former Cardinal, Larry Fitzgerald, is joining the cast of MNF Countdown---he will participate in 5 to 7 broadcasts this season.....Ive always liked Larry!

Honored Contributor

In ten hours of a congressional hearing, Bruce Allen may have spoken for fifteen minutes. I've watched way, way too many, and politicians love the sound of their own voices and will ask a ten-minute question that's so convoluted no one ends up knowing what the question was and they have to repeat it. If you edit all of the nonsense out of day-long Congressional hearings, they can be compressed to maybe fifteen minutes of actual information. It's not the best fact-finding format.

How long does it take to ask: Did Daniel Snyder sexually harass employees in your presence? Did the team keep two sets of books to cheat other teams? Was there anything else illegal that you witnessed while with the team? 

It doesn't take ten hours to ask those questions. That's what they want to know. Those are easy questions to ask. If the answers are yes to all three, then he's out. If the answers are no, then bring on the next witness. It shouldn't take ten hours.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

No No No to Sean Payton being our next coach. For one, I don't care for him,

and two, the JJ/Sean personalities would be a huge clash.

But I somewhat agree with Sean - we CAN win the TB game. I won't go as far as saying we WILL win. I won't judge my team or any other before the 1st regular season game has yet to be played.

I'm OK with the signing of old man Jason Peters (except for the fact he's an Ex-Eagle) He's the best we could get

for the money. JJ and son did not have a plan B for Jaylon, which just leaves

me shaking my head. It wasn't a matter of IF Jaylon got hurt, but WHEN.

Never expected for him not to get past preseason.  Smiley Sad

I'm hearing Peters will start against TB,  true or not I don't know. I would

like to see how the rookie would handle the challenge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Wise words, members of "the Committee" DO like to hear the sound of their own voices---SO TRUE, SO TRUE,-

🤣🤣🤣

There's discrepancies in the testimony too---in one accounting it was supposedly Snyder's own attorney that said, "Dan, Dan, this is a bad idea" and warned Snyder  as Snyder tried to come on to and lure and push his female employee into his limo.  But this later account says it was a security guard that told Snyder this....I cannot believe a security guard would be so bold as to challenge Snyder, his boss....Just a small difference, but does it point to credibility issues and who is being truthful and who is exaggerating??????.......

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

No No No to Sean Payton being our next coach. For one, I don't care for him,

and two, the JJ/Sean personalities would be a huge clash.

But I somewhat agree with Sean - we CAN win the TB game. I won't go as far as saying we WILL win. I won't judge my team or any other before the 1st regular season game has yet to be played.

I'm OK with the signing of old man Jason Peters (except for the fact he's an Ex-Eagle) He's the best we could get

for the money. JJ and son did not have a plan B for Jaylon, which just leaves

me shaking my head. It wasn't a matter of IF Jaylon got hurt, but WHEN.

Never expected for him not to get past preseason.  Smiley Sad

I'm hearing Peters will start against TB,  true or not I don't know. I would

like to see how the rookie would handle the challenge.

@yellowrose 

Good to see you my friend, Happy NFL Season to you!

Yep, its one thing to challenge Saint's owners Tom Benson and when he passed, Mrs. Benson versus Jerry Jones......Jerry couldnt get along with Jimmy look at what happened in that relationship with two strong personalities, Jerry is the one thats IN CONTROL and IN CHARGE!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Credibility issues, exaggerations, sounds like a typical congressional hearing. 

Yellowrose, one article said that Jason won't play against Tampa. JJ wants to ease Peters into the lineup and his playing time will determine how well the rookie Tyler Smith does. 

This game is not a sure thing. Tampa has O-line problems, and Brady can be vulnerable. (rumors are that he has marital problems because of him playing football,  but I don't know how accurate they are.)

The Cowboys have issues, also, but anything can happen. I wouldn't bet money on either team. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain