Trusted Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

I haven't read much nor posted here in a long time so here are my thoughts after Sunday's disaster if you're a Cowboy's fan.

As a lifelong Cowboy's fan it is painful to see what happened to Dak and how bad they played even before he got hurt.  Actually though I hate what happened to him even more than the woes of the team.  He's a good man who is such a great leader of the team, their heart and soul really, someone who does a lot for the community, and a leader speaking out about the importance of mental health. I hate this second bad injury for the person he is and now the rehab he will have to go through again.

A local tv station poll asked who viewers blame for the problems evident Sunday night and the majority said Jerry Jones.  No surprise there, and I have to agree.  But will be ever give up being general manager?  Probably not, and who can tell him he should that he would even listen to?  But he's a great business man, and the Cowboys will continue to be a huge money maker.  (Sigh)

The only very bright spot for Cowboy's nation is Micah Parsons.  Unfortunately one person cannot win games.

I know there are many NFC East fans of the other teams that read this forum and you can't tell me you aren't secretly (or not) thrilled with the outcome of the first week. Congratulations to your teams for their wins, and shame on you if you're glad that Dak got hurt.  And yes, I know there are some who are.

The only thing that's worse than being a Cowboy's fan now is if you're both a Cowboy's and TX Longhorn's fan who certainly have their own quarterback injury problems. But as an OU Sooner fan I am happy that our team is off to a good start

with so many new faces aboard. 

And as far as I'm concerned Carrie Underwood can continue to do the SNF musical opening as long as she wants.

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts cut Rodrigo Blankenship and added kickers Chase McLaughlin and Lucas Havrisik to the practice squad. Apparently, they will compete for the starting job.  Besides missing a game winning field goal, Blankenship had two badly placed punts. 

McLaughlin was with the Colts before; I don't know anything about Havrisik. This should be interesting.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I haven't read much nor posted here in a long time so here are my thoughts after Sunday's disaster if you're a Cowboy's fan.

As a lifelong Cowboy's fan it is painful to see what happened to Dak and how bad they played even before he got hurt.  Actually though I hate what happened to him even more than the woes of the team.  He's a good man who is such a great leader of the team, their heart and soul really, someone who does a lot for the community, and a leader speaking out about the importance of mental health. I hate this second bad injury for the person he is and now the rehab he will have to go through again.

A local tv station poll asked who viewers blame for the problems evident Sunday night and the majority said Jerry Jones.  No surprise there, and I have to agree.  But will be ever give up being general manager?  Probably not, and who can tell him he should that he would even listen to?  But he's a great business man, and the Cowboys will continue to be a huge money maker.  (Sigh)

The only very bright spot for Cowboy's nation is Micah Parsons.  Unfortunately one person cannot win games.

I know there are many NFC East fans of the other teams that read this forum and you can't tell me you aren't secretly (or not) thrilled with the outcome of the first week. Congratulations to your teams for their wins, and shame on you if you're glad that Dak got hurt.  And yes, I know there are some who are.

The only thing that's worse than being a Cowboy's fan now is if you're both a Cowboy's and TX Longhorn's fan who certainly have their own quarterback injury problems. But as an OU Sooner fan I am happy that our team is off to a good start

with so many new faces aboard. 

And as far as I'm concerned Carrie Underwood can continue to do the SNF musical opening as long as she wants.

@soonersis 

I'm a Washington fan, and it's no secret I'm glad the Cowboys lost, BUT I'm not happy to see any player hurt.  Dak and the Cowboy offense struggled and only managed 3 pts before Dak got hurt....the Cowboy fans are right, your team's problem IS Jerry Jones--the owner, GM, and "coach" ---he had cap money but didnt do a good job filling the roster..... And your right it takes more than Micah Parsons to win. And my Washington team also knows what bad ownership is all about, cause we have Danny Snyder.....BTW did you know in the off season Jerry and family vacation with Snyder and family---two of a kind.....

And as a Sooner fan you can cheer on my UTSA Roadrunners to beat the Longhorns this weekend, its a tall task but we have a good coach and young team and ya never know what can happen......

Im glad to see you are a true fan and stand by your team win or lose! Come and join our NFL group any time...dont be a stranger!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Thank you for your kind words.  I will be glad to cheer for your UTSA Roadrunners Saturday.  OU fans are always happy to see the Longhorns get beat! Woman LOL It will be interesting to see what happens in that game. Who knows what quarterback will be starting for TX.  But if their defense plays as well as they did last week it may not matter.  

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt  Thank you for your kind words.  I will be glad to cheer for your UTSA Roadrunners Saturday.  OU fans are always happy to see the Longhorns get beat! Woman LOL It will be interesting to see what happens in that game. Who knows what quarterback will be starting for TX.  But if their defense plays as well as they did last week it may not matter.  

@soonersis 

Thanks for cheering on the UTSA Roadrunners, well they kept it close for awhile especially the first half, then unfortunately the LongHorns took control...SIGH 😥 But thanks for your support!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”