Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

The reason they are bullish on the vikings is because that new woman cohost Jamie, is from minnesota and a vikings fan. She manages to work vikings into the conversation

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Just a follow-up on Trey Sermon. I think of him as an Ohio State RB, but he was at Oklahoma in 2019 and his QB was Jalen Hurts. We also have RB Kennedy Brooks from Oklahoma in 2019 on the practice squad also. Rookie tight end Grant Calcaterra was also on that team. Interesting. Hurts is being surrounded with allies. Pretty good players also. Is Hurts recommending those guys, or is Howie just trying to keep Hurts in a comfort zone? Hurts best friend has been AJ Brown also. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Well, that's interesting. The Giants released starting middle linebacker Blake Martinez. They say the move was mutual. Why do you agree to let your starting middle linebacker leave? It's not cap related as they're only saving about $176,000. He's coming off a torn ACL but seemed ready to play. Did he ask to leave? Now they're plugging in a rookie to replace him. Martinez put up good numbers as a Giant before tearing his ACL last year. He was one of their better players. A new DC and new system are in place, so maybe there wasn't a good fit? We'll have to see if anyone claims him or if he goes someplace in free agency. Maybe he's just over the game for now and needs some time off.

Andre Dillard, the Eagles' backup left tackle somehow managed to break a bone in his forearm in practice. The first relatively major injury for the Eagles. He'll likely end up on IR, but it's not a season-ending injury and he's expected to be back in four to six weeks.

The Eagles had reportedly tried to trade for Trey Sermon and been rebuffed by the Niners, only to have the Niners then release Sermon and the Eagles then claimed him. The Niners' front office is doing some interesting stuff. Why not get something for the player rather than get nothing? Did they hope another team would claim him instead of the Eagles? Maybe. 
We don't play the Niners in the regular season this year, but maybe they were looking farther ahead and didn't want him going to the Eagles to strengthen their roster for the playoffs/future years. It's all a bit weird.

Dak Prescott is playing the "no one respects us" game. Eh, it's not so much that as they have a very shaky roster this year. Holes that everyone has seen since last January are still there and more were made due to free agents who left.

The Cowboys were one of the teams trying to trade for Denzel Mims from the Jets to try and shore up the WR spot. They weren't willing to pay the Jets' asking price though. Trading Amari Cooper for a fifth-round pick is looking really bad these days. They did it to excise a cancer in the locker room, but that was a bargain for the Browns and created a crated-sized hole for the Cowboys. There are still some free agents WRs out there, but there's a reason they're still out there.

Less than a week now until our first regular season game. It's coming fast.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

The reason they are bullish on the vikings is because that new woman cohost Jamie, is from minnesota and a vikings fan. She manages to work vikings into the conversation

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Even the little clips GMFB shows coming in or out of commercials even feature the Vikings now...🙄

Im so sick of GMFB its nothing but the 49ers and their drama how many times do we have to have a repeat of Lance vs Jimmy 😫😝, or its the Steelers, or Russell Wilson, or the Vikings....🙄 Nothing about real Super Bowl contenders --- Chargers, Bengals, Bills.....and the rest of us are chopped liver...SMH! ....Not even much on the current Super Bowl Champs the Rams either except Aaron Donalds helmet swinging.....I miss my entertaining and intelligent conversation MORNING football shows that were on TV, some of the Podcasts are pretty good

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

It looks like the Cowboys brought in former Eagle, OT Jason Peters for a look see, physical and possible signing.....and meeting with Jerry Jones!

What amazes me what Im reading from the media is that a lot of them are STILL picking the Cowboys to win the NFC East, even though they acknowlege the Eagles are loaded with LOTS of talent.....I guess they dont like Jalen Hurts...SMH!!!!  But I am looking forward to seeing Dak running for his life because his "weapon(s)" or is that WR WEAPON is covered....and hopefully we'll see Jerry crying in his beer....we'll he's the GM....😁  While the media acknowledges the pickup of AJ Brown they arent giving your birds any respect! 

I saw one NFL power ranking after preseason and before the start of the 2022 season where they actually had the Cowboys listed as 2nd ABOVE the Rams, Bills, Chargers,Bengals .(Chiefs were #1).....🤨....Ya gotta be kidding!!!!! Even GMFB didnt acknowledge what they lost in the offseason and the weak O-line 🙄....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Cowboys are the most valuable NFL team according to Forbes. I don't know if they are still called "America's Team", but some can't get past that.  Probably some of the reasons the Cowboys are ranked high. 

The Colts removed Shaquille Leonard from the PUP list. He said that he is pain free for the first time in 4 years. I knew Leonard was injured, but didn't realize that it lasted so long. 

I only watched the highlights of GMFB. I'm not interested in seeing the whole hour. Podcasts are better. One of the hosts on Fantasy Headliners is a Lions fan, but he acknowledges players from different teams.

Tom Grossi is a Packers fan, and he talks about and makes fun of everyone, including Green Bay. These podcasts don't focus on only their favorite. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

This is EXCITING for my Washington team---they announced 10 inductees to the WASHINGTON's GREATEST CLUB-----

And one of them is none other than RYAN KERRIGAN smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Others include

Champ Bailey ---

Fan favorite Chris Cooley and favorite of mine (which is interesting because he wasnt afraid to say he hated the new nickname!) 

Stephen Davis (does everyone remember "the fight" between him and WR Michael Westbrook, Davis took it right to the face-- SMH)

London Fletcher (GREAT CHOICE)

DARRYL GRANT--San Antonio's hometown guy, and initiator of one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE REDSKIN PLAYS THAT HELPED BEAT THE COWBOYS! Interception all the way for a TD!smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

D Hall (I guess tearing his ACL while slipping to get a late night slice of pizza didnt hurt his chances)

Santan Moss (another good choice)

Trent Williams--although many years of service to the Redskins, his departure didnt end happily and he bolted for the 49 whiners....🙄 sorry I wouldnt have included him

Coach Larry Peccatiello --- he did business with one of our companies and I had the opportunity to talk to him, he's a dirty old man..Of course, thats right up Snyder and company's alley..🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

With all the recent changes in sports broadcasting and at Fox Sports I guess we now know who their #1 team is----Erin Andrews, Greg Olsen, and Kevin Burkhardt---they got to go to the Nasdaq Exchange to ring the Wall Street Bell as a way to kick off the NFL's new season next week.....and honor Fox's 10th Super Bowl Broadcast

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Cowboys are the most valuable NFL team according to Forbes. I don't know if they are still called "America's Team", but some can't get past that.  Probably some of the reasons the Cowboys are ranked high. 

The Colts removed Shaquille Leonard from the PUP list. He said that he is pain free for the first time in 4 years. I knew Leonard was injured, but didn't realize that it lasted so long. 

I only watched the highlights of GMFB. I'm not interested in seeing the whole hour. Podcasts are better. One of the hosts on Fantasy Headliners is a Lions fan, but he acknowledges players from different teams.

Tom Grossi is a Packers fan, and he talks about and makes fun of everyone, including Green Bay. These podcasts don't focus on only their favorite. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

"America's Team" and they havent won a Super Bowl since1996" 🤔 🙄Just propaganda started by NFL FILMS ( They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team") and Tex Schramm and now Jerry Jones capitalized on this lie ever since---

One reason the Dallas Cowboys are ranked as the most valuable NFL team is due to the Cowboys Advertising Salespeople that rake in the cash for the team and in exchange the company gets to add the words, "THE OFFICIAL ______________ OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS" .

Most teams add cash for stadium naming rights and a few sponsors, but the Cowboys take this to the EXTREMES......These have added an additional 60 million to the Cowboy's worth!  Fans are waiting to hear who the "OFFICIAL TOILET PAPER OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS" is-----

Did you know theres a:

Official BRICK of the Dallas Cowboys (I kid you not, Troy Aikman even appears in the commercials)

Official LAWYERS of the Dallas Cowboys--Lawboss!

Official SOFT DRINK of the Dallas Cowboys (the rest of the NFL goes with a different one)--Pepsi

Official HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE of the Dalls Cowboys-Lowes

Official BANK-Bank Of America

Official ENERGY COMPANY-Reliant

Official CAR-Ford

Official Athletic Gear-Nike

Official Internet/Wireless Service-AT&T

AND MANY MANY MANY MORE-https://sponsorpitch.com/properties/dallas-cowboys

Their latest venture---Official CRYPTO CURRENCY-Blockchain.  The deal makes the Cowboys the first NFL franchise to add a digital currency platform as a sponsor; the league said it would begin allowing such sponsorships only at the recent owners’ meeting in Palm Beach. The announcement of the historic and massive mega-deal comes just two weeks after the conclusion of those meetings.

Honored Contributor

The NFL.com staff has made their Super Bowl picks and six of them have the Eagles in the Super Bowl! Three have us losing to Buffalo while one has us losing to the Chargers, one has us losing to the Chiefs and one has us beating the Chiefs. 

We've got a good-looking roster, but those good-looking rosters don't always win. We'll start to get a feel for if any of them could be right starting next Sunday.

The Cowboys seem to have settled on Jason Peters as their left tackle for the future. Well, this year anyway. They're reportedly in negotiations with him on a contract. Negotiations? He made $1.5 million last year. They have to pay him over a million as a tenured vet with his years of play. Neither he nor they have a lot of wriggle room in negotiating. Whatever deal they reach will be for the full year if they sign him this week. (Monday is rumored to be the day as they've still got some more roster shuffling to do.) If they hold off until next Monday (after week one) they'll only have to pay him for each week he's on the roster. They may try that, we'll have to see.

The Bears' new GM did a real housecleaning. There were 77 players on the roster when he took the job. Just 22 of those players remain on the roster now. That's a pretty impressive job of flipping a team. Now, did he get the right players? We'll have to see, but he sure got rid of the ones he didn't want.

Bleacher Reports thinks the Cowboys' biggest regret will be getting rid of Amari Cooper. They really had no choice. When your WR1 calls your QB a "black Kirk Cousins" after a loss, you really don't have any other option than to get rid of the guy. Could they have gotten more for him? Eh, maybe. Every GM hearing what they heard from Amari would have to worry about him sabotaging their QB also. Those kinds of comments don't help a team. He made himself into a TO type of risk for anyone to trade for. Immensely talented, but potentially team splitting. When you weigh the risks versus the reward, I'm not sure any team would offer up much more than the Browns did. And the Cowboys couldn't wait too long to make a move. They had to flush him quickly. The risk of him poisoning the team was just too high.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!