Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

Ugh! That got ugly! The Eagles were up 17-0 and dominating then stupidity set in. Some bad passes, Wentz holding the ball until a defender could sack him. Bad play calling. More injuries. Just stupid, stupid stuff. The Eagles gave up 8 (I think) sacks, but the right guard/tackle were the least of the problem. They held up pretty well overall. The Eagles need to get this fixed and they need to fix it fast. Dropped passes by Hightower and Ertz. Just dumb stuff. The good news is the Eagles' kids on the o-line did okay. The vets and backs, not so much. Jason Kelce was slow to switch off and pick up a blitzing linebacker. Just stupid, stupid stuff.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

WOW!!!! I am still in SHOCK....this had the looks of big  blowout....but I liked the way my WFT didnt give up after a DISASTROUS start.  The team settled down and got focused and went to work.... I think we can see the difference in the coaching already....

The Eagles had so many injuries I'd thought we'd hear an announcement---AND HERE COMES GARDENMAN SUITED UP AND READY TO GO....!!!! And there were some mistakes on offense, and Ertz dropped an easy pass....

The WFT put the pressure on Wentz---How Bout that Ryan Kerrigan !!!! Heart Heart Woman Very Happy  And the people's CB, Moreland and Moreau did a terrific job filling in for Fuller.....  Now if we could only find an accurate passer---😉...but at least Haskins showed determination and effort---new coach, new system it will take time.....Gee, Darby almost got an INT.....  One thing we gotta cut down on is stupid penalties....

GREAT EFFORT from my team that we can use to build upon......HAIL TO THE WFT!!! smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Better luck next week @gardenman ...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Final score: Jacksonville 27, Indy 20. It didn't look like the Jags were tanking. They took advantage of Indy's penalties and kept Indy under 100 yards rushing. Rivers threw some interceptions, which didn't help. Jacksonville's defense also put up nice goal line stands.

Rivers threw for over 300 yards, and despite some mistakes, looked good in his debut for the Colts. Mack left the game in the 2nd quarter with a sprained right ankle; now the team fears that it could be an achilles injury. 

Parris Campbell looked promising, and Taylor is fast! He and Hines have to step up now that Mack is out, maybe for the season. 

With no preseason, there were some sloppy plays, but hopefully, things will eventually work out. 

@teganslaw 

So sorry about your Colts....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @teganslaw 

BTW did anyone see the Subway commercial with Bill Belichick....TOO FUNNY!!!!.....😄

Honored Contributor

my grey goose apple martinis, appetizers, and the RAVENS made it a great game day! convincing win this week for us. always good to start out the season on a positive note.

could not believe my eyes, but the redskins pulled it off! another great win for our area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Bucs are somehow looking worse with Brady than they looked with Jameis Winston. That's interesting. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The WFT has a nice start to their season. I think that Rivera is a huge factor in the impressive win. 

The Colts made too many costly penalties. The offense kind of depleted after Mack got hurt. It seems that many underestimated the Jaguars. This was a division rivalry; the Jags usually play tough against the Colts. Maybe they'll stick more to the running game rather than expecting Rivers to throw so often. 

The Colts forum goes crazy after such a loss. The usual comments from posters: fire Reich and Eberflus, Rivers is washed up; the Colts should just tank the season; bring back Brissett. (The last one coming from from Brissett critics.) It's almost funny how predictable the fans are. 

@sunshine45  I had Lamar Jackson on one of my fantasy lineups He got me about 30 points. The Ravens are just continuing what they ended last season. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Bucs are somehow looking worse with Brady than they looked with Jameis Winston. That's interesting. 

its a beautiful sight......Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Joe Burrow and the Bengals had two shots to tie or win the game, but Burrow made a bone-headed shovel pass to a defender the first time, then drove the team into chipshot fieldgoal range only to have the kicker miss. The kid has potential though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my grey goose apple martinis, appetizers, and the RAVENS made it a great game day! convincing win this week for us. always good to start out the season on a positive note.

could not believe my eyes, but the redskins pulled it off! another great win for our area.

@sunshine45 

I saw that score and knew you'd be smiling....😃🏈

Yes, how about the WFT!!!! 😊