Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw  @redwingsgal  @sunshine45  @AuntG  @grandma r                     ...... and all the other football fans out there.....

FINALLY GAME DAY~!!! 🏈 smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

MY GAMES!

EARLY GAMES---

Eagles vs WFT----YAY get to see my team!!!

Dolphions vs Patriots

LATE GAME---

Bucs vs Saints---Tom Terrific's debut with his new team....should be fun.....

SNF 

Cowboys vs Rams---They may be wearing masks for a whole different reason----(air quality)......(GO RAMS!)

MNF--

Steelers vs Giants

Titans vs Broncos

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Perhaps the change is motivating Darby along with the defensive schme which he says takes better advantage of his abilities..... Josh Norman phoned it in, he blew so many assignments and just didnt give a darn,..and he was irritating his teammates by not being where he was supposed to be on the play... it got so bad that the coaches benched him..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Gameday! Colts@ Jags :1:00 CBS, Bears@Lions 1:00 FOX. 

4:30 is Bucs @ Saints FOX

The only Colts player out is Julian Blackmon. Everyone else is healthy and ready to go. Reich & Eberflus are familiar with Gruden and Jags QB coach, Ben McAdoo, so it shouldn't be difficult coming up with schemes. Looking forward to seeing Phillip Rivers in action. 

@teganslaw 

All I have to say to the Jag fans is "good luck" with Gruden....he runs a loose ship and players tend to tune him out... GO COLTS! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Perhaps the change is motivating Darby along with the defensive schme which he says takes better advantage of his abilities..... Josh Norman phoned it in, he blew so many assignments and just didnt give a darn,..and he was irritating his teammates by not being where he was supposed to be on the play... it got so bad that the coaches benched him..

We'll see how Darby does. The Bills moved on from him and traded him to the Eagles. The Eagles gave him multiple chances and then let him go. Different systems can help, but a guy's flaws are still flaws. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward, and DeSean Jackson practiced against him last year, so they know what he does well and vice versa. It'll be interesting to see if teams still target him nonstop. I'm pretty sure the Eagles will target him. The then Redskins targeted him nonstop last year and most other teams did also. When I rewatched last year's games it was obvious teams went after him even when deep backups were at the other corner spot. He seldom made opposing teams pay for throwing at him. 

The Eagles getting Richard Rodgers back as the third tight end from the WFTs gives the Eagles more intel on the WFTs' personnel. A little over a week ago he was a WFT, so he knows their plans pretty well and has likely filled in the staff on what he saw. The WFT installed their offense and defense while he was there, so the Eagles shouldn't be too surprised by what they see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

We will see what happens anxious to see our D line and our "new look" offense...It should be a fun game.... I just hope its a hard fought game and not a blowout.... 😄

And agree with you... I don't need to be "lectured" ..... it amazes me how much "wiser" athletes and celebrities are than us mere "mortals".......😉

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Shoot---Kendall Fuller is doubtfull----we need him! Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Shoot---Kendall Fuller is doubtfull----we need him! Woman Sad

It could be worse. Lane Johnson is out and rookie Jack Driscoll who's never been to an NFL game is the starting right tackle and Nate Herbig is getting his first start at right guard. Not ideal. I'm guessing Herbig is getting the start as he and Driscoll have practiced together and likely communicate with one another better. That could help them pick up stunts and games better. The transition to our young o-linemen is starting a bit more quickly than anticipated.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Well what can I say---

At least my WFT FINALLY got some offense going!! TD!!!! to our TE Thomas! But rough going for the offense in this first half...Haskins passes way off--attributable to Eagles D............

How about my MAIN MAN Kerrigan with a SACK--WHOO-HOO.Woman Very Happy.Chase made some nice plays, add did Moreland

And Darby was all you said he'd beWoman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, a decent first half for the Eagles. The Eagles kids on the o-line are doing pretty well. Driscoll got confused on one play giving up an easy sack, but him and Herbig aren't getting physically beat, so that's good. Wentz has been pretty sharp. The interception was thrown a tick short and too far inside, but that's been his only big issue. The touchdown to Logan Thomas was a blown coverage. That made it too easy. All in all, a good first half for the Eagles. It would be good to get the running game going better. Bearing in mind the Eagles are missing six or seven starters (depending on how one views Hargrave) it's not a bad start. A few dropped passes set things back a bit, but all in all things are going okay.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Final score: Jacksonville 27, Indy 20. It didn't look like the Jags were tanking. They took advantage of Indy's penalties and kept Indy under 100 yards rushing. Rivers threw some interceptions, which didn't help. Jacksonville's defense also put up nice goal line stands.

Rivers threw for over 300 yards, and despite some mistakes, looked good in his debut for the Colts. Mack left the game in the 2nd quarter with a sprained right ankle; now the team fears that it could be an achilles injury. 

Parris Campbell looked promising, and Taylor is fast! He and Hines have to step up now that Mack is out, maybe for the season. 

With no preseason, there were some sloppy plays, but hopefully, things will eventually work out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain