Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@EatWell wrote:

What is your under/ over for each game?

If you're asking me, I don't get into that. I simply try to guess who will win. You can get the over/under from a million different gambling sites if that's an interest for you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

In an odd quirk, the Eagles somehow managed to draft a guy who heals quicker than expected in Jalen Reagor When he first injured his shoulder making a tackle on an interception it was believed he'd miss two to four regular-season games. He's now been declared healthy and is likely to play on Sunday. 

This is quite a shock for Eagles' fans. Our players who are typically supposed to be out two to four weeks often end up being out six to eight weeks or missing the whole year as their recovery drags on and on. Reagor clearly broke that mold. Let's hope it's contagious and the rest of our injured guys rebound as quickly.

There's some training camp video of Reagor that's impressive. In one video he's supposed to catch a pass in the backfield on a screen, but the play breaks down and he goes into scramble mode. He takes off down the field and just flies past the secondary as he accelerates. It's not like he caught them by surprise either. They see him coming and try to stay with him, but the kid is so fast he's just gone. If the Eagles put him and DeSean on the field at the same time the WFT's defensive backs had best play twenty yards off the ball and be backing up at the snap.

With DeSean Jackson, Jalen Reagor, Quez Watkins, and John Hightower, the Eagles have a 4X100 track team with all four guys capable of low 4.3 forties and even dipping into the 4.2 range. If you're a DB playing the Eagles this year, get those hamstrings very loose pregame or they'll be popping in the game. That kind of speed stretches the field and opens up the underneath area for the tight ends. If the linebackers bail out at the snap to help protect that, it opens up the running game. If the linebackers play up to help stop the run the tight ends are apt to be free down the field. Speed kills and it's nice to finally have some on the roster.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

Like Co-Vid isnt enough for the NFL to deal with....now its air quality because of the California fires for the California games: Cardinals/49ers and Cowboys/Rams game.....

I got an idea....we got a nice enclosed stadium here they can use.... 😉 Our Co-Vid numbers have dramatically declined--rating considered 
"safe" .....  only 69 new cases Thursday and 118 Friday....And the new cases are from people going to bars and eating in restrauranrs

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

From an interview with Brandon Lee Gowton with Bleedin Green--Do you agree so I can contact Coach Rivera? 😉

How should Washington gameplan to beat Philadelphia? Are there any particular matchups we should exploit?

The Eagles’ offensive line isn’t inspiring the most confidence in the world right now. A 38-year-old Jason Peters is back at left tackle after Andre Dillard suffered a season-ending injury. Matt Pryor will likely be making his second career NFL start against Washington either at right guard or right tackle. If Lane Johnson can’t play and it’s Pryor at tackle … I’m having nightmares of Ryan Kerrigan and/or Chase Young ripping right through him. If Johnson is able to suit up and Pryor is at guard, then that’s a spot that Washington should look to attack.

So, don’t think Washington needs to get too tricky with this. If they can dominate in the trenches, that’ll make it challenging for the Eagles’ offense to really get going. Philly could be in a bad spot if they start slow and allow Washington to tee off on Wentz.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, the Eagles o-line is a big question mark. Our d-line dominated in training camp, but half the starters were out. The left side looks pretty solid again with Peters, Seumalo, and Kelce. If Lane Johnson goes, the right side should be okay. He had ankle surgery in August to clean it out. If he can play, we should be good. Matt Pryor is a pretty solid o-lineman. He's in his third year (I think) and has good size and filled in nicely last year. If Johnson is out, things start to break down. The Eagles have a lot of talented kids in reserve, but they have little to no experience. 

Jason Peters is a guy to watch. Jordan Mailata, our converted rugby player, is his likely backup and Peters has taken a series or two off most games the last few seasons. Mailata's got the size, strength and athleticism to dominate, but he's as raw as can be. In a year or two you're apt to have Andre Dillard, Sua Opeta, Nate Herbig, Matt Pryor and either Mailata, Prince Tega-Wanogha, or Jack Driscoll at right tackle. The talented youth are there, but they're very, very raw and inexperienced. There will be some growing pains as the kids take over, but the talent and coaching is there for them to perform well.

The WFTs should be looking for their d-line to take control. The Eagles will see how the o-line holds up and if they're struggling, hit the WFTs with screens to slow the rush. If the o-line holds up, expect the Eagles to test the WFT secondary deep. The Eagles know Byron Darby very, very well and will be looking to exploit his weaknesses. (Ironically, in the two matchups last year the then Redskins attacked Darby nonstop. When you watch those games you wonder why the WFT signed Darby.)

The WFT on offense will likely test the Eagles new secondary. Darius Slay may matchup with McLaurin the whole game. You're not going to consistently run the ball on this defense. The d-line is among the best in football and Malik Jackson coming off the IR last season has been largely unblockable at DT. With Jackson and Cox both healthy the WFT center will be hard-pressed to know which guard to help out. It'll be an interesting matchup. At some point expect the Eagles to go with three or four speedster WRs at one time just to see what the WFT do. Greg Ward has had a solid camp in the slot. The Eagles' running game is solid. They should be able to move the ball effectively on the ground. 

These NFC East games are always interesting. You can pretty much expect anything from either team winning in a blowout, to an overtime game. I'd give an edge to the Eagles as the team knows the system while the WFT won't know their new system until midseason. In a perfect world, the Eagles would get way ahead and let Sudfeld and Hurts finish out the game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

The WFT signed Darby for one reason.....to learn the Eagle's secrets...😉 But seriously he's a local kid and said he likes the new Redskin defense and he will be used differently and he likes the new coach's emphasis on improved communication and creating turnovers ................

As I said in my picks, I do think the Eagles will take this game...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

It's just funny when you watch those two games last year how the WFT attacked Darby nonstop and succeeded much of the time, then they go out and sign him. You can make a very good argument that Josh Norman played better than Darby last year.

The NFC East fanbases were polled on their confidence level and the Giants were the most confident at 83%, the Eagles and WFT were tied at 80%, and the Cowboys fans were the least confident in the 70's% range. Those numbers will change dramatically as the season goes on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gameday! Colts@ Jags :1:00 CBS, Bears@Lions 1:00 FOX. 

4:30 is Bucs @ Saints FOX

The only Colts player out is Julian Blackmon. Everyone else is healthy and ready to go. Reich & Eberflus are familiar with Gruden and Jags QB coach, Ben McAdoo, so it shouldn't be difficult coming up with schemes. Looking forward to seeing Phillip Rivers in action. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's game day! Finally! The Eagles take on the WFT in my early game. Miles Sanders, the Eagles' best runningback is out for today's game along with Derrick Barnett one of our starting defensive ends. RIght offensive tackle Lane Johnson may or may not play which could be a bigger problem. 

This game will likely be a battle of the lines as it's two of the better defensive lines going against two somewhat questionable offensive lines. The Eagles have a slight edge in that Carson Wentz is the more mobile of the two QBs and can escape the pocket a bit better. Expect to see a moving pocket with Wentz to try and force the WFT's to figure out where he'll be before they can attack him. Dwayne Haskins is more of a statue in the pocket giving the Eagles defenders a known place to rush.

Carson Wentz will want to hit DeSean Jackson deep on a number of passes and with the speed the Eagles have added, you could see multiple receivers catching deep passes. Rookie Jalen Reagor was mostly used on crossing routes in training camp so we'll have to see if they unleash him on deeper routes now also.

Boston Scott, Corey Clement, and the new kid we got from Detroit in Jason Huntley will be the running backs. We could see Jalen Hurts slide into the backfield also as a running back/QB option type guy on a play or two. Boston Scott should see the majority of the carries and has done well when given the chance.

The WFTs will try to take advantage of the Eagles' secondary that's been rebuilt by getting the ball to Terry McLaurin. In the two games against the Eagles last year, McLaurin got nearly one-quarter of his total yards for the year. In McLaurin's game against Darius Slay in Detroit last year Slay held him to under 50 yards. 

Game two here will be the oldtimers game featuring Drew Brees and Tom Brady. I'm guessing Drew Brees and the Saints will want to send a rather strong message to the Bucs that they're still the NFC South champs. I'm pretty sure Brees has had this game circled for a while now and will be pumped to play.

And our late-game tonight is a mystery game between the Cowboys and Rams. I don't really know what to expect from either team. I think the Cowboys are not as strong personnel-wise as they were last year. I think they're weaker at corner, safety, defensive end, defensive tackle, tight end, center, slot receiver, and with La'el Collins injury, right offensive tackle. It's hard to get weaker at that many spots and be as good as they were before. But, what are the Rams? Are they a good team? It'll be an interesting game to watch. A blowout going either way wouldn't shock me. The Rams could light up that Cowboy secondary and score a ton. I kind of expect that to happen. We'll have to see.

It should be a fun day of football watching. At least once we get past all of the socially conscious lectures we have to listen to first. Yeah, yeah, we get it. We're all very bad people who have to change our ways and follow our enlightened athletes who know what's best for us. They're still very upset that the fans in KC chose to boo their lecture on morality and now label all of the booers as being racist. Uh, no. They're just tired of being lectured and want to watch football to escape, not be lectured. That's why there was the booing. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

It's just funny when you watch those two games last year how the WFT attacked Darby nonstop and succeeded much of the time, then they go out and sign him. You can make a very good argument that Josh Norman played better than Darby last year.

The NFC East fanbases were polled on their confidence level and the Giants were the most confident at 83%, the Eagles and WFT were tied at 80%, and the Cowboys fans were the least confident in the 70's% range. Those numbers will change dramatically as the season goes on.

@gardenman @teganslaw 

I think the WFT fans like me, are just feeling better than we have in awhile with all the changes that have taken place in the office and on the field with this organization....and Snyder bascially become "a silent partner".....

Eagle fans are crossing their fingers that if they can stay healthy they can take the Division.....

It seems that many Cowboy fans aren't buying into all the media hype and they have many question marks they have about their team....And of course there's "assistant coach" and GM Jerry Jones who keeps meddlin' and making poor decisions....And who knows what McCarthy will become....

I'm SHOCKED at the Giant fans and how optimistic they are .... (even my sis isnt optimistic...although she said the team isnt the same with Eli's retirement---her favorite player).....She came to visit yesterday and had to wear her commemorative Eli shirt...LOL