Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt 

the week will be perfect if the GIANTS win on monday night. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt 

the week will be perfect if the GIANTS win on monday night. Smiley Wink

@sunshine45 

NO....the Giants need to lose....I want my WFT on the top of the Division no ties.... Woman Very Happy  (thats my sisters team LOL)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Week One of the 2020 NFL Regu on lar Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

So HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS! Woman Very Happy  All the local media folks were dumping on them....saying McCarthy may be the head coach, but they have the same game plan as Garrett since their OC didnt change, Kellen Moore is still calling the plays.... And those injuries didnt help them either tonight....So it looks like the Cowboy's weaknesses were exposed....and we were right about them....its only week #1, but I dont see how they can drastically change to compete with the likes of the Seahawks, Saints, and Packers even if they managed to get into the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl against the Chiefs, or Ravens.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

We'll have to see how things play out, but week one went about as expected for the Cowboys. They were an 8-8 team last year. They're weaker and less experienced at multiple positions. The coaching upgrade may not be an upgrade. They really feel more like a 6-10 team to me based on everything. I don't know what the "experts" were seeing, but I wasn't seeing it.

Next week's game against the Falcons becomes pretty much a must win game already with the Seahawks up after the Falcons. A 1-2 or 0-3 start is very possible at this point. They then have two very winnable games with the Browns and Giants, but if they lose one or both of those, and are under .500 after five games, things could get ugly. Then they've got the Cards, WFT, Eagles, Steelers, Vikings, WFT, Ravens, Bengals, Niners, Eagles, Giants. It's not hard to see them with just six to eight wins in total.

The Seahawks, Cards, Steelers, Niners, Ravens, and maybe Vikings games are likely losses. Add those to the Rams loss and you're already at seven losses. Do they sweep the Eagles, WFT, and Giants? Probably not. A split in each of those puts the likely loss total at ten. Teams just don't get weaker at as many spots as the Cowboys did and win more games. You may need to get weaker at a spot or two, but the Cowboys got weaker across many spots. Cornerback, safety, defensive end, defensive tackle, center, tight end, and until La'el Collins comes back, right offensive tackle. That's a lot. Then add in future injuries (Vander Esch, Jarwin already) and things don't look great. Could they win 8-10 games? Maybe, but I think it's unlikely.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Go Bears!  What a comeback!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 

That was amazing! 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 

That was amazing! 

I felt really sorry for that Lions' receiver who dropped the game winning pass though. Ugh! Those hurt.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 

That was amazing! 

I felt really sorry for that Lions' receiver who dropped the game winning pass though. Ugh! Those hurt.

@gardenman 

I bet @redwingsgal was heart sick ..........

Respected Contributor

Once again, I look forward to NFL season almost as much as the NHL season, however, once again my team manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!  Pitiful.  Just pitiful

Congrats on your big win, @Spurt !  

I am thinking I may become a Packer fan so that maybe they will NEVER win another game!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Green Bay and New Orleans looked good to me. Really enjoyed watching those two games.  I'm already looking forward to next week.