Honored Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Here's more potential candidates for Washington---it could be a sale for the "whole shebang" or just a minority share since no municipality is willing to partner with him to build a stadium.....and I doubt if anyone wants to partner with him on the day to day operations of the franchise either ....🙄

Sports illustrated said 76ers co-owner Josh Harris was a runner-up for the Broncos ----his bid was 5 billion........and another 76ers minority owner David Blitzer is another candidate, he could partner with Harris or bid on his own!!

There's Matt Ishbia---but his character is as bad as Snyder with employee accusations and questionable business practices 😫

And an owner that could light Washington fan's fire is Clear Lake Capital---Jose Feliciano and Behdad Eagbali. Another Denver runner up....

Dodgers owners Mark Walter and Todd Boehly were also involved in the Denver bidding. They bought the English Premier League’s Chelsea earlier this year and also grabbed a stake in the Lakers last year, so their experience with sports brands would be attractive to other owners.  To me it seems they'd be taking on too much............

OOOOOOHHHH---Here's an interesting name ---Austin's Michael Dell---haven't heard his name around these parts in awhile---His net worth is 50 billion and he's shown an interest in the NFL-why he could even move the team right to my own "backyard", tax friendly State for businesses, just ask Musk----😁----well I can dream cant I---😉

STAY TUNED!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

It should be a good game. Hopefully, the Eagles emerge at 8-0 and two games ahead of the Cowboys and Giants. This game and the two after (Commanders and Colts) look pretty winnable and could get us to 10-0. Then we run into some tougher games with the Packers, Titans, and Giants. The Packers don't look great right now, but Aaron Rodgers can will the team to win from time to time. The Titans will try to run the ball down our throat while AJ Brown will be lobbying for every pass to be thrown his way to remind the Titans of what they gave up. With our run stopper, Jordan Davis out for a while with his high ankle sprain, stopping the run will be more of an issue.

If we get past those teams and reach 13-0 then all bets are off. Up next would be the Bears, Cowboys, Saints, and Giants. The Bears are a should-win game possibly getting us to 14-0. Then the Cowboys, Saints, and Giants will be dying to give us the first loss. Surviving those last three games will be interesting. Any trick they have in their playbook they'll pull out to try and knock us off. Onsides kicks, fake punts, option passes, go for it on fourth and a mile, if it's there, they'll try it.

It would be impressive (and nearly impossible) to reach 17-0. But, you never know what will happen. I didn't expect us to be 7-0, so we'll see what happens.

@gardenman 

And one thing that could come into play this time of the season ----the great equalizer in undomed stadiums---THE WEATHER---🌩☔❄⚡⛄🌦

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I think that Houston could be a tough opponant. The Eagles should still win, but they might not take the Texans seriously enough and the Texans could use it to their advantage. 

I listen to Thursday football on Westwood One through my computer. I hope that it's a competitive game and that Houston at least shows up. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As Chase Young's return to the field draw's nearer and nearer----some interesting comments from his Press Conference----

Asked about the distraction of Snyder's investigations and now possibnility of a potential sale----“We really don’t pay attention a lot to the outside noise cuz we have so much stuff we have to do inside the facility to win games. We really, uh, we just, we stay the task at hand, got the blinders on and that’s really how we rocking there.”

One fun comment from Young’s press conference--- Young was asked about former teammate and current assistant defensive line coach Ryan Kerrigan. (😍) Chase has never hidden his admiration for Kerrigan.. “Oh, that’s tough,” Young said. “Shoot. Growing up playing the video game with RK, then playing with RK now RK is coaching me. I feel like it’s a dream come true for real.”  JMHO---yep real dreamy 😍

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I think that Houston could be a tough opponant. The Eagles should still win, but they might not take the Texans seriously enough and the Texans could use it to their advantage. 

I listen to Thursday football on Westwood One through my computer. I hope that it's a competitive game and that Houston at least shows up. 

@teganslaw 

These Thursday games have been difficult to watch---I wonder if Bezos is rethinking this deal......Hope the Texans put up a fight!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Here are three more names being talked about as potential buyers for the Commanders...

MacKenzie Scott who is the ex-wife of Jeff Bezos. She has a reported net worth of somewhere between 28 and 34 billion $$$! She has not publicly said she is interested but many feel it would be fantastic for a woman to replace Snyder!

Ted Leonsis who already owns the Washington Wizards, Capitals, and Mystics. The only hitch is that he is seriously thinking about buying the Nationals too. So that might make it a stretch for him to also buy the Commanders. But some say he could be a part-owner.

Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg is being mentioned as someone who is interested.

I have read that there can be no more than 25 owners total...but that one person has to own at least 30%. Most think that someone will want to have at least 51% ownership. 

My fingers have been crossed since hearing the news yesterday...makes it very hard to type!!!😉 Read that even RGlll said the Washington fans will throw a huge parade if Snyder actually does sell the team!!! This is news that everyone who ever was or still is a Washington football fan has been dreaming about!!!😉😉😉

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue to keep your fingers crossed for all us NFL Washington fans!

Honored Contributor

One of the great special teamers and punter and Hall Of Famer ----Ray Guy passed at 72!!!! Rest In Peace!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @yellowBeetle @teganslaw 

Well folks its "official" its being reported that Jeff Bezos IS  "looking into buying the NFL Washington team" (Bezos worth is 115 Billion)....and it could "possibly be in partnership with Jay-Z" .................(the NFL is looking for more diversified owners)

Honored Contributor

The Eagles are missing Jordan Davis and his run stopping ability. He just singlehandedly stops the running game and with him out, teams will run on us.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!