Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

Only time will tell about Lincoln.  There was always alot of talk about Bob Stoops going to the pros but he had no interest.  Head football coach at OU is a sweet job.  We've seen many college coaches go to the pros and it didn't work out so well (Steve Spurrier comes to mind), but I wish nothing but the best for Kingsbury (helps to have a young and mobile qb like Kyler) and Rhule .

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I like Rivera, but he needs to sort out the QB situation. Unless he absolutely knows Haskins isn't the guy, I'd be playing Haskins. Find out his strengths and weaknesses. He was playing pretty well at the end of last year. You don't learn a lot about a guy when he's on the bench. If you've got issues with him, sit down with him, talk them over, clear the air. The WFT needs to sort out the QB situation before the offseason.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

I like Rivera, but he needs to sort out the QB situation. Unless he absolutely knows Haskins isn't the guy, I'd be playing Haskins. Find out his strengths and weaknesses. He was playing pretty well at the end of last year. You don't learn a lot about a guy when he's on the bench. If you've got issues with him, sit down with him, talk them over, clear the air. The WFT needs to sort out the QB situation before the offseason.

@gardenman 

Rivera said he understands what Haskins went through no mini camp, no OTAs, no preseason games etc etc...But Rivera said he sat him down and told Haskins  what was expected of him."I know I was very positive because I was trying to build confidence in the young man not just for him but for his teammates," Rivera said.  Rivera explained that Haskins got all work with the first-team offense going all the way back to late July and the team did not see the type of growth they should have. 

At first Haskins embraced what the coaches wanted and then he got lazy and wasn't doing his film work, he stopped working out with the WRs after practice....and it showed on the field so it's Haskins fault....He started being concerned only with his stats and didn't care whether the team won or not....... "I've looked at what's happened," Rivera said. "It's funny because everything I've seen and what I've been told is him not doing this, him not doing this, him not doing this. Now, I've decided to do this, and 'wow.''

Ron Rivera on Dwayne Haskins: "We're hoping to see a guy that has a talented arm, that's a good pocket passer ... but does he put it all together ... and become a more astute player and student of this game. "His arm talent is legit. Now let's see him put it altogether."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”