Honored Contributor

Re: e: Week Fourteen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

The Kyler Murray injury looked bad. Those noncontact knee injuries tend to be bad news.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman 

I rarely watch "THE UNDISPUTED"  with Skip Brainless....errrr...Bayless and Shannon Sharp.  Even Die hard Cowboy's fan Skip said the Cowboys were fortunate to win that game with the Texans.....and admitted if Dak has to rely a lot on the passing game they usually lose...they need Elliott and Pollard and their running game too....and Lamb didn't do much either.  Sharp mentioned how the Eagles neutralized Micah Parsons and now other teams are doing it too...also the coaches now have him playing in different spots and he's not as effective.  Skip said he agreed he's watched him on the sidelines and you can tell he's frustrated and not happy and not having fun. Skip said Parsons and Marcus Lawrence are the keys to the defense and the Cowboys success....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Micah Parsons is an attacker. He wants to be the aggressor. The Eagles put him in a position where he had to choose whether to do A or B and whichever he chose was wrong. He was insanely unhappy in that game, with good reason. We took away what he did best. He made his fame by being able to defeat blocks and sack QBs, or cover receivers man-to-man. The Eagles' scheme was the first time he was left completely unblocked and could do nothing.

Going into that game the big question was, "How do you block Micah Parsons?" The Eagles opted to just not block him at all and force him to pick his poison. It was fun to watch.

Dan Quinn will scheme his way around that strategy in the next game and be more ready for it, but the Eagles will have something new up their sleeve also. 

Parsons is a great player with amazing physical traits. But, when you make him stop and think instead of just blindly reacting, things tend to fall apart a bit for him.

The Cowboys need to get to the QB quickly as the back end of their defense can't hold up for long. DeMarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons are the keys to getting pressure on the QBs. If they're contained, the Cowboys are in trouble.

The Jaguars will give the Cowboys a good test this coming week. The Jags are a pretty good team despite their record. (They and the Lions may be the next up-and-coming teams. Both are better than their records indicate. I would expect both to be playoff contenders next year for sure and both could sneak into the playoff hunt this year.) Week fifteen's slate of games has lots of potential.

The Giants/Commanders game will help decide which of them is more likely to make the playoffs. The Cowboys/Jags game should be fun. The Niners/Seahawks on Thursday night should be fun too.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Injuries are taking its toll all over the NFL. The Ravens don't know who will be QB this week. Lamar Jackson might miss the rest of the season, and Tyler Huntley is in concussion protocol. Maybe Brett Hundley will start, but wasn't he injured also? Not sure about him. They might resort to rookie Anthony Brown. 

Brock Purdy could miss TNF as he was injured. Kyler Murray's injury looked serious. Mike White went down. Besides QBs there are other players injured. The playoffs will be impacted by all this. 

Matt Ryan will start Sunday against the Vikings. Not sure of other changes Saturday was referring to. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

ChiefsFanAging.jpg

I'm getting worn out...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

Micah Parsons is an attacker. He wants to be the aggressor. The Eagles put him in a position where he had to choose whether to do A or B and whichever he chose was wrong. He was insanely unhappy in that game, with good reason. We took away what he did best. He made his fame by being able to defeat blocks and sack QBs, or cover receivers man-to-man. The Eagles' scheme was the first time he was left completely unblocked and could do nothing.

Going into that game the big question was, "How do you block Micah Parsons?" The Eagles opted to just not block him at all and force him to pick his poison. It was fun to watch.

Dan Quinn will scheme his way around that strategy in the next game and be more ready for it, but the Eagles will have something new up their sleeve also. 

Parsons is a great player with amazing physical traits. But, when you make him stop and think instead of just blindly reacting, things tend to fall apart a bit for him.

The Cowboys need to get to the QB quickly as the back end of their defense can't hold up for long. DeMarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons are the keys to getting pressure on the QBs. If they're contained, the Cowboys are in trouble.

The Jaguars will give the Cowboys a good test this coming week. The Jags are a pretty good team despite their record. (They and the Lions may be the next up-and-coming teams. Both are better than their records indicate. I would expect both to be playoff contenders next year for sure and both could sneak into the playoff hunt this year.) Week fifteen's slate of games has lots of potential.

The Giants/Commanders game will help decide which of them is more likely to make the playoffs. The Cowboys/Jags game should be fun. The Niners/Seahawks on Thursday night should be fun too.

@gardenman 

I agree with everyone you said great analysis......I saw one NFL Power Rankings that had the Cowboys listed as #3----.A team that struggled at home with the LAST PLACE TEAM IN THE NFL....SMH!!!🙄  (Eagles #1, Bills #2, Chiefs #4.....49ers #5, Bengals #6....)

Yep I think the Lions and Jags are on their way up to the next level......

As for the Washington/Giants game the key is for Washington not to make mistakes---Please NO -interceptions, fumbles, and STUPID PENALTIES.....and Heinicke shouldn't try to play "hero"...he shouldn't try to do too much and ....use the running game and control time of possession.  On defense---Allen, Payne,  and Sweat need to do their thing....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Injuries are taking its toll all over the NFL. The Ravens don't know who will be QB this week. Lamar Jackson might miss the rest of the season, and Tyler Huntley is in concussion protocol. Maybe Brett Hundley will start, but wasn't he injured also? Not sure about him. They might resort to rookie Anthony Brown. 

Brock Purdy could miss TNF as he was injured. Kyler Murray's injury looked serious. Mike White went down. Besides QBs there are other players injured. The playoffs will be impacted by all this. 

Matt Ryan will start Sunday against the Vikings. Not sure of other changes Saturday was referring to. 

@teganslaw 

Doesn’t it seem like more injuries this year than normal?

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

ChiefsFanAging.jpg

I'm getting worn out...

@DrBabs 

😆😆😆

Honored Contributor

Kyler Murray tore his ACL, so he's out. Will he be ready for next season? It'll be a bit iffy. I suspect he won't be back until October/November. Some guys come back in six to nine months, but ten months is more the norm these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!