Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Eagles are nicely positioned for a playoff run, but not guaranteed anything. If the Vikings and Niners win out, the Eagles don't make the playoffs. 

The Eagles have the WFT, Giants, WFT, and Dallas to finish things up. All are winnable, but no guarantees.

The Niners have the Falcons, Titans, Texans, and Rams. They should beat the Falcons and Texans. The Titans and Rams are a bit iffier.

The Vikings have the Bears, Rams, Packers, Bears.  The Rams and Packers will be the tests for them.

If the Eagles beat the WFT, Giants, and WFT and head into week eighteen needing a win, things get interesting. The Cowboys will have likely locked up a playoff spot but won't be eligible for the bye, so they'll be playing in the playoffs on week one. Do they rest their starters, making it easier for the Eagles to sneak in, or play their starters and risk injury to them? It's all going to be interesting to watch play out.

The AFC side is a real mess. A whole lot of teams are very much alive there. I'd love to see an Eagles/Colts Super Bowl. (Highly unlikely, but fun to think about.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

If the WFT receivers had caught a couple of those passes they could have won that game. Dak was off target most of the game. The Cowboys' running game was largely nonexistent. It wasn't a good game for either team. Both got beat up pretty well also. Interesting. 

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Perhaps calling Kyle Allen "selfish" wasn't the right word.....being angry will do that to you....Afterall, Heinicke was downright awful, but he's not all to blame---some of it has to do with injuries and sub par replacements on the O-line which made it difficult for any QB to throw.....and that applies to Kyle Allen too......BUT Henicke was AWFUL--there was one pass where Terry McLaurin beat his man and was wide open....Heinicke had too many throws that were "off" or "underthrown" or his passes "floated" which resulted in incompletions and an interception..............

Oh and lets not forget yet another FUMBLE by RB Gibson....(BTW he leads the NFL in this topic for RBs).....

So sad we had a glimmer of a chance for a win....SMH

Despite the Cowboys win....both national and local NFL analysts said although the Cowboy D was on target particularly Parsons, and even though the Cowboys won they also said that game was DAK'S WORST PERFORMANCE OF HIS CAREER....and added its one thing to go against Heinicke and Allen, but the Cowboys will be kicked out of the playoffs quickly when Dak has to go up against competition like Brady, Rodgers and Murray, the Cowboys better get Dak and their offense on track! ................Truer words have never been spoken! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Neither team looked remotely close to being playoff ready. Both were sloppy, inefficient, and just looked bad. You really didn't see much for either team to be wildly optimistic. Not a great game for either team.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Micah Parsons seems to be the best player the Cowboys have. There is talk of him receiving DROY besides DPOY. Dak Prescott's name has been brought up as Comeback Player of the Year. That depends on how well Prescott plays the rest of the season, entering the playoffs would be helpful for achieving that honor.

I think if the Colts keep winning, Wentz could be considered for Comeback Player. No bias here, of course. Woman Very Happy

Shad Khan hasn't shown any signs of firing Meyer, but with all the tensions in Jacksonville, it might be only a matter of time. Khan never should hired him in the first place. College coaches often don't do well in the NFL. Trevor Lawrence has talent, but having to deal with Meyer isn't doing him any favors. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When McCarthey almost guaranteed a Cowboy's win that made me nervous as I never like a coach or player to do that.  Fortunately he was right, although Washington certainly tried to get back in it.  I felt good about the game going in as I knew we had more of our defensive players back and with the one man wrecking crew that Parsons has become they would have made it difficult for any offense to play against.  Dak is still "off" and many think his calf is still not completely healed.  Hopefully it will get better along with his performance.  If the offense can once again play like it did the first of the season and the defense stays healthy, then look out... @Spurt  and @gardenman and the rest of the NFC. 

Esteemed Contributor

Kyler Murray is talented, but overall, the Cardinals didn't impress me last night. James Connor led the team, but they didn't  look as good as their record shows.

Every fantasy podcast I watched said to bench Matthew Stafford. What do they know? He outplayed Murray. OBJ had a good evening. Maybe he's finally found a place where he fits. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @soonersis and all NFL fans...

Well gals and guys---stick a fork in my WFT we are DONE!!!!.....Not only have injuries taking their toll (just confirmed ACL and surgery for Logan Thomas....) and now its the COVID list and our best defensive healthy player,Jonathan Allen, made that list along with others and a staff member---new variant apparently). And Scrary Terry is in concussion porotocol..When it rains it pours....

Umbrella with Rain Drops on Google 😭

Ron Rivera says Taylor Heinicke "is a little sore today" he also took a shot on his elbow in the first half and Henicke said he wasnt the same after that..& they'll continue to monitor his injuries. Rivera continues to emphasize when Henicke forces and presses thats when he gets into trouble, but said these things are correctable. The team is still waiting on Tyler Larsen MRI results. Leno should be fine.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

There are always injuries, especially as the season progresses.  What is really scary now is the added factor of Covid. Seems like I just heard there are 37 currently in the protocol.  Seems to be an ongoing problem, especially when the majority are supposed to be vaccinated.  That obviously doesn't keep them from getting it.  Guess the practices, locker rooms, and games are just a great deal of contact.  It does make me wonder though how this might affect the playoffs and even Super Bowl.  Can you imagine if your team made it to the Super Bowl and then a number of major players were taken out of the game because of Covid?