Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Tsk Tsk...you'd keep Goff around just because of his girlfriend....Gee, guys and their "priorities"...

😉😄😄😄  

On the other hand, some of us keep our priorities in proper order--the WFT should've kept Kerrigan around ...at least he's a decent backup...at least he was for my team....But unfortunately I think he's headed for retirement after this season ...maybe a career in local MD/DC/VA TV broadcasting...he did all those funny commercials for WFT sponsors.....and was quite good! 😉 Look at those muscles....😘

Ryan Kerrigan is in Redskins' plans for 2020, Ron Rivera says - The  Washington Post

My sis was not impressed when I told her about Russell Wilson's putting her Giants in the choice of teams if he decides to bolt from the Seahawks...I did tell her he was "nice on the eyes", and a good QB  but she was not impressed still pinning over her Eli---she posted a funny commercial he made for some Hot Sauce company....I admit it was funny...😄 Those Mannings are natural when it comes to TV...LOL

BTW what does the team and the fans like about Jason Kelce the Eagle's nominee for Man Of The Year?......The Cowboys selected Dak of course....

There are worse reasons to keep a QB around. His girlfriend by the way is Christen Harper. A very impressive young woman. Goff's decision-making on the football field may not always be the best, but he did okay with her. (She could probably do better though.)

As to Jason Kelce, he's become a Philly guy. He dressed as a Mummer for the Super Bowl parade and his speech at the event was epic. (Not the most PG-rated speech, but it fit the Philly mindset nicely.) He's a nose to the grindstone, 9-5 kind of guy. He's Philly. After home games, a fan (or more than one) will typically toss him a beer or two on his way back to the locker room. He'll play through injuries that would have over guys on the IR for the season. He's just a tough, hard-nosed, old-school football player.

I was surprised the WFT let Kerrigan wander off. He's a high character, good-all-around kind of guy. You need people like him on a team. It's not like the WFT had great d-line depth. He's done a good job with the Eagles. He hasn't racked up huge numbers, but he typically gets pressure on the opposing QB when he's in the game. He does his job. The Eagles are happy they have him.

@gardenman 

And with the WFT's injuries we sure could've used Kerrigan.....  Not only you and me but others questioned this move, I guess the new coaching staff didnt realize that Kerrigan could still be valuable to the defense! 😥

As far as Goff....if he gets dumped by the Lions and no team picks him up I bet his girlfriend will dump him for someone else....Maybe she chose him to help her modeling career...but according to you guys she's impressive on her own and doesnt need any help...😉LOL.....

Kelce sounds like an Eagle/Philly guy all the way! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Interesting. A couple of AFC personnel guys are predicting the Eagles trade two of their first-round picks this year for additional picks in 2022/2023. It makes a certain amount of sense. The Eagles get an extra later round pick in 2022, extra firsts in 2023, and more time to evaluate Hurts. They still have a first round pick in 2022 that way also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Tsk Tsk...you'd keep Goff around just because of his girlfriend....Gee, guys and their "priorities"...

😉😄😄😄  

On the other hand, some of us keep our priorities in proper order--the WFT should've kept Kerrigan around ...at least he's a decent backup...at least he was for my team....But unfortunately I think he's headed for retirement after this season ...maybe a career in local MD/DC/VA TV broadcasting...he did all those funny commercials for WFT sponsors.....and was quite good! 😉 Look at those muscles....😘

Ryan Kerrigan is in Redskins' plans for 2020, Ron Rivera says - The  Washington Post

My sis was not impressed when I told her about Russell Wilson's putting her Giants in the choice of teams if he decides to bolt from the Seahawks...I did tell her he was "nice on the eyes", and a good QB  but she was not impressed still pinning over her Eli---she posted a funny commercial he made for some Hot Sauce company....I admit it was funny...😄 Those Mannings are natural when it comes to TV...LOL

BTW what does the team and the fans like about Jason Kelce the Eagle's nominee for Man Of The Year?......The Cowboys selected Dak of course....

@Spurt Not exactly sure what you mean by "The Cowboys selected Dak of course...." as it sounds a bit snarky, but I suggest you check out what he is doing in our community and for the public good in sports generally (regarding mental health). 

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that with all of the facts known, of course the Cowboys selected Dak. Or maybe you're just upset and worried about what the Cowboys might do to your team Sunday and taking it out on Dak. Woman LOL

No worries though, no hard feelings,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

😉😄😄😄  

@Spurt Not exactly sure what you mean by "The Cowboys selected Dak of course...." as it sounds a bit snarky, but I suggest you check out what he is doing in our community and for the public good in sports generally (regarding mental health). 

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that with all of the facts known, of course the Cowboys selected Dak. Or maybe you're just upset and worried about what the Cowboys might do to your team Sunday and taking it out on Dak. Woman LOL

No worries though, no hard feelings,

@soonersis 

I said that because Dak just seems to be the most popular player with the Cowboy fans......and Jerry's all about marketing...what other team has an "official brick".....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I turned off the game in the thrid quarter because I thought the Vikings would easily win. I should have known better: the Vikings often give up leads and either lose the game or come close.  The Steelers looked bad; I had never seen them play so poorly. Aikman said that it was probably because of the short week and the physical game with the Ravens: that the players were worn out. 

Former player Demaryius Thomas died. He was only 33, and authorities said it was health issues, though no details given. I don't recall him having health problems when he was playing. It could be a number of things. I recall how good he was with the Broncos, one of the best players. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cowboys star rookie linebacker Micah Parsons landed on the Cowboys injury report on Thursday with a hip issue which occurred when he was in the weight room. McCarthy said he doesn't think its serious and Parsons is expected to play.... I like the "he doesn't think"............

Honored Contributor

didnt even watch the first half of TNF last night. checked in at the beginning of the third quarter and was in shock that the vikings were killing the steelers. then, magically during the mid to late third quarter the steelers came alive. thank goodness, a little too late! thank you thank you thank you VIKINGS! the ravens surely needed that right now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Dak is very popular with the Dallas fans, especially for how he came back from his severe injury last year.  But his nomination is based on his service which many outside of Cowboy's Nation know little about.  

Honored Contributor

They're now saying Demaryius Thomas had been having seizures for over a year (even though he retired in June?) and that may have been the cause of death. It would be interesting to know why he was having seizures.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't doctors been able to determine the cause of seizures? Usually the person has all kinds of tests and when the cause is known, there are medications that can control the seizures. Sometimes surgery is needed if cases are severe. I don't understand how he could go on and eventually die if seizures were the cause. It's so unnecessary. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain