Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

UPDATE on Alex---

Ron Rivera said Alex's calf tightened up on him, he went to the locker room and got x-rays which were negative they kept him out as a precaution and will continue to monitor his condition......

Boy the press conference was filled with questions about Dwayne....Ron was positive on his performance said he saw growth....but I sure didnt....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

And yes @yellowrose  I do offer congratulations to you on your  Cowboy's win over the hapless Bengals.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I keep getting this sense of deja vu. Jalen Hurts leads the Eagles into the playoffs, gets hurt, Wentz comes in to replace him, gets the team to the Super Bowl, goes head to head with Mahomes and the Eagles win.  Hmmm...maybe it's not deja vu but insanity?

The schedules for the teams are pretty interesting. The Eagles have the Cards, Cowboys, and Redskins. They're all winnable games. The Cards are the toughest, but even a loss there could still be overcome. The WFT have to play the Seahawks, Panthers, and Eagles. The Cowboys have to play the Niners, Eagles, Giants. And the Giants have to play the Browns, Ravens, and Cowboys. That tie with the Bengals earlier this year could end up being the tie-breaker for the Eagles They're likely to either win the east by a half-game or lose it by a half-game.

The NFC doesn't really look like it has a dominant team right now, so anyone in the playoffs could go far. You just have to get hot at the right time and not make stupid mistakes. If any of the NFC East teams can win out in the regular season, they'll win the east. The WFT have a big game this week against Seattle. A win against Seattle gives them a big leg up. They truly control their own destiny. They control their own destiny even if they lose to Seattle. They have to beat the Panthers and Eagles, but that should get them in.

The Cowboys should be able to handle the Niners, but that Niners running game could really hurt them. If they sneak past the Niners, then they have to face the Eagles before finishing against the Giants. Not really an easy game in that trio.

The Giants have two really tough games in the Browns and Ravens before finishing with the Cowboys. 

If the Eagles win out they'll finish at 7-8-1. The WFT needs to win two of their final three to reach 8-8. The Panthers are pretty beatable. That last game of the year against the Eagles could be kind of important.

It's going to be interesting to watch how it all plays out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

I keep getting this sense of deja vu. Jalen Hurts leads the Eagles into the playoffs, gets hurt, Wentz comes in to replace him, gets the team to the Super Bowl, goes head to head with Mahomes and the Eagles win.  Hmmm...maybe it's not deja vu but insanity?

The schedules for the teams are pretty interesting. The Eagles have the Cards, Cowboys, and Redskins. They're all winnable games. The Cards are the toughest, but even a loss there could still be overcome. The WFT have to play the Seahawks, Panthers, and Eagles. The Cowboys have to play the Niners, Eagles, Giants. And the Giants have to play the Browns, Ravens, and Cowboys. That tie with the Bengals earlier this year could end up being the tie-breaker for the Eagles They're likely to either win the east by a half-game or lose it by a half-game.

The NFC doesn't really look like it has a dominant team right now, so anyone in the playoffs could go far. You just have to get hot at the right time and not make stupid mistakes. If any of the NFC East teams can win out in the regular season, they'll win the east. The WFT have a big game this week against Seattle. A win against Seattle gives them a big leg up. They truly control their own destiny. They control their own destiny even if they lose to Seattle. They have to beat the Panthers and Eagles, but that should get them in.

The Cowboys should be able to handle the Niners, but that Niners running game could really hurt them. If they sneak past the Niners, then they have to face the Eagles before finishing against the Giants. Not really an easy game in that trio.

The Giants have two really tough games in the Browns and Ravens before finishing with the Cowboys. 

If the Eagles win out they'll finish at 7-8-1. The WFT needs to win two of their final three to reach 8-8. The Panthers are pretty beatable. That last game of the year against the Eagles could be kind of important.

It's going to be interesting to watch how it all plays out. 

@gardenman 

That was a good idea how they made that change to the NFL season schedule and put those Divisional games at the end of the season when they become very very important in determining who is winning the Division and/or making any sort of a playoff spot in a normal season....It should be interesting to see what the outcome is going to be in this irregular and wacky season...... 

Valued Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@gardenman  Thanks for your weekly input.  Very much appreciated. 

I'd like to see the Chiefs repeat as Super Bowl champs.   I like Andy and he's doing a great job in Kansas City.

As for the Eagles.....what a mess!!!  I don't see them winning another game this season.  I'd like to be wrong, but, too many injuries this season.  I don't think it was smart to announce that Hurts is starting on Sunday.  That gives New Orleans the opportunity to build their game plan targeting this kid.  Carson hasn't played well at all, but, seriously, where is the offensive line????  He has zero protection in the pocket,  the play calling is suspect, and some of these players just don't care.  Seeing Alshon laughing after he dropped another pass is inexcusable.   And, the stupid penalties this season are ridiculous.   Middle school players have more discipline. 

It was nice to see the Giants and Washington both win this past weekend.

Ita with you about the KC Chiefs winning the Super Bowl!! So happy we won, and I adore Andy Reid! Heart My hometown champs! 

Honored Contributor

All in all, Jalen Hurts played a good game. We largely won because the Saints missed two field goals and their cornerback dropped a pass thrown right to him that should have been a pick-six, but I'll take the win however I can get it. The running game worked now that we finally ran the ball. The defense played well despite multiple injuries. (Three of the four starting defensive backs left the game with injuries and two of them may be done for the year with knee injuries, but we'll know more later.)

The Eagles o-line played very well against a stout Saints defense. Removing Jason Peters from the line solved most of the issues they'd been having. I don't think any linemen got injured so we may even be able to start the same line two weeks in a row. Who knew that could happen? Rookie Jack Driscoll has been filling in for Lane Johnson at right tackle and looking very solid. Jordan Mailata has been exceptional at left tackle. Nate Herbig has done well at right guard. By and large, the o-line is not a deficit right now. The kids have stepped in and done well. I laugh every time I see Herbig waddle out there as he's not anything like the "typical" Eagles offensive lineman, but he gets the job done.

I'm not wildly enthusiastic about our banged-up secondary facing DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and the rest of the Cardinals receivers next week, but we'll have to see what happens there. Darius Slay might be back. He got a head injury (presumably a concussion) so he could be back for that game.

I found it odd that the WFT said that the x-rays on Alex Smith's calf were negative. X-rays? For a supposed muscular injury? Granted it was on his leg that had been broken so maybe they took the x-rays to be sure nothing had been rebroken but I believe every NFL stadium now has an MRI available and that's more how you'd diagnose any issue with his leg. It could be that Ron Rivera just called it an x-ray but they really did an MRI. If he didn't have an MRI done, he probably will get one today.

In an odd twist to an already odd season, going into yesterday's game the NFC East had reportedly been playing the best over the last three weeks with a 6-5 record. No other division had as good a record. Go figure! Maybe we're transitioning from the NFC Least to the NFC Beast? If you're going to get hot, this is the time of the year to do it. With the Eagles, Cowboys, and WFT all winning yesterday, that streak is now likely four weeks of being the best division in football. Who'd a thunk it? Talk about a weird year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

All in all, Jalen Hurts played a good game. We largely won because the Saints missed two field goals and their cornerback dropped a pass thrown right to him that should have been a pick-six, but I'll take the win however I can get it. The running game worked now that we finally ran the ball. The defense played well despite multiple injuries. (Three of the four starting defensive backs left the game with injuries and two of them may be done for the year with knee injuries, but we'll know more later.)

The Eagles o-line played very well against a stout Saints defense. Removing Jason Peters from the line solved most of the issues they'd been having. I don't think any linemen got injured so we may even be able to start the same line two weeks in a row. Who knew that could happen? Rookie Jack Driscoll has been filling in for Lane Johnson at right tackle and looking very solid. Jordan Mailata has been exceptional at left tackle. Nate Herbig has done well at right guard. By and large, the o-line is not a deficit right now. The kids have stepped in and done well. I laugh every time I see Herbig waddle out there as he's not anything like the "typical" Eagles offensive lineman, but he gets the job done.

I'm not wildly enthusiastic about our banged-up secondary facing DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and the rest of the Cardinals receivers next week, but we'll have to see what happens there. Darius Slay might be back. He got a head injury (presumably a concussion) so he could be back for that game.

I found it odd that the WFT said that the x-rays on Alex Smith's calf were negative. X-rays? For a supposed muscular injury? Granted it was on his leg that had been broken so maybe they took the x-rays to be sure nothing had been rebroken but I believe every NFL stadium now has an MRI available and that's more how you'd diagnose any issue with his leg. It could be that Ron Rivera just called it an x-ray but they really did an MRI. If he didn't have an MRI done, he probably will get one today.

In an odd twist to an already odd season, going into yesterday's game the NFC East had reportedly been playing the best over the last three weeks with a 6-5 record. No other division had as good a record. Go figure! Maybe we're transitioning from the NFC Least to the NFC Beast? If you're going to get hot, this is the time of the year to do it. With the Eagles, Cowboys, and WFT all winning yesterday, that streak is now likely four weeks of being the best division in football. Who'd a thunk it? Talk about a weird year.

I worry about Alex Smith playing!!!! I don't want him to get injured again...!Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

OMG!!!  As the local sports guys here re-capped the Cowboys victory you would think they had beaten the Super Bowl Chiefs!!!!!-🤦‍♀️---Come on----you beat a team that didnt have their starting QB in the lineup, and an awful Bengals backup QB...And their was a reason Cincy got the #1 draft pick last year..... SMH!!!  While true it meant something to Cowboys QB, Dalton, to have revenge on his old team (even Dalton's wife accompanied the team on this trip).....COME ON---this WIN is what it is---a beat down of a bad team, beating an even worse team....🤷‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad to see Hurts and Murray both have good games.  It was like watching them play at OU the last two years! Woman Happy Not sure Philly would have won if Brees had been playing, but it was a good win for them.

What can I say about my Cowboys? Glad for the team to get a morale boost with a road win and happy for Dalton to beat his old team.  But winning against a really bad team is not that big of a deal.

Trusted Contributor

Now if we can win this next game and get two consecutive wins - that would

kinda be a big deal.  Hasn't happened this season.

Much as I'm hoping for a good draft spot, I just can't bring myself to hope

my team loses, so the Cincy win was just a little, teeny tiny bit exciting.