Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

In my area here's the lineups---

EARLY GAMES----

Chiefs vs Dolphins----Dolphins main RB is on the Co-Vid list.....

Cowboys vs Bengals---Too bad Burrows is hurt and their backup isn't that great Zeke is banged up for the Boyz but will play....This could be a real snooze fest...

😴ZZZZZ

LATE GAME----

Saints vs Eagles-----Two backup QBS go at each other....but we know the Eagles are a mess and the Saints have been playing pretty well with Hill in place of Brees, Hill has won 3 in a row now...

....is this Brees last year before he hangs up his cleats....?????

SNF---

Steelers vs Bills---This should be a pretty good game as two teams destined for the playoffs meet up.....

MNF-

Browns vs Ravens---- Browns are playing well, and the Ravens need a win to stay in the playoff race....should be a pretty good game.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

When Drew Brees signed his new deal this offseason it was supposed to be a shared QB rotation with him and Taysom Hill to break in Hill. That didn't happen early on, but with Brees injured Hill's getting his shot and doing well. Brees is likely to hang it up after this season. Both QBs signed a two-year deal going through 2021, so the Saints will have to make a decision sometime in the not too distant future. And then there's Jameis Winston also in the picture down there.

There's lots of QB uncertainty this offseason. The Jets and Jags are likely drafting QBs one and two. If you look at the current draft order (Jets, Jags, Bengals, Cowboys, Chargers, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Dolphins, Broncos) the next team after the Jags that "need" a QB is maybe the Falcons or Broncos. The Bengals have Burrow. The Cowboys have Dak. The Chargers have Herbert. The Eagles have Wentz/Hurts. The Panthers have Bridgewater. Are the Falcons ready to move on from Matt Ryan? The Dolphins have Tua. The Broncos have Lock.

Next up would be the WFT, Lions, Bears, Niners, Patriots, Cards, Ravens, Raiders, Giants, and Vikings. The WFT seem to be marrying themselves to Smith. The Cards, Ravens, and Giants seem set. The Niners? They looked into moving on from Jimmy G last year but decided not to. Would they this year? Maybe.

There are going to be a bunch of teams looking to outmaneuver the rest of the QB needy teams in the middle part of the draft. It'll be interesting to watch and see who moves where. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm watching the Cards/Giants game and the first quarter was peetty good as the Cards lead 3-0. Even more good news, there were two long Kay Adams commercials for Saturday's games. The Giants trailing, more Kay Adams, a good way to start the day.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I'm watching the Cards/Giants game and the first quarter was peetty good as the Cards lead 3-0. Even more good news, there were two long Kay Adams commercials for Saturday's games. The Giants trailing, more Kay Adams, a good way to start the day.

@gardenman 

😄.......  You and your friend Kay..... (my "hunk" D.J. was on NFL Network briefly making fun of Kurt Warners suit as well as giving NFL news....)

Im surprised my sis hasn't called me crying about her Giants.....they should've stuck with McCoy...oh well that helps my WFT.....

Since they did away with my early morning favorite  ESPN Sports Show I peek into GMA now and then.....but not always.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That Cowboy/Bengal game is turning into a romp for the Boyz...

I turned it to the Chiefs/Dolphins...the Dolphins are letting the Chiefs hang around...not a good sign....and the Chiefs pulled ahead.... Like Romo said ya gotta keep your foot on the gas to beat the Chiefs....Mahomes has been harrassed and sacked---2 ints by that Dolphin defense.. pretty good game but the Dolphins didnt take advantage of turnovers...Maybe they should have put in Fitzmagic, but can anyone stop the Chiefs, doesnt look like it, and it more and more like the Chiefs will get a second Super Bowl trophy....which team can stop them?????????????..

I wonder if the rumors are true and if Cowher will return to coaching next year.....

Honored Contributor

The NFC East is getting pretty interesting. The Giants losing opens things up a bit. Washington can pull out a game ahead, or stay tied with the Giants and the Cowboys a game back and the Eagles maybe a half-game back, if we could beat the Saints.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

A good first half for the Eagles going up 17-0. Jake "momentum killer" Elliott missed a very short field goal at the end of the half, with any luck we'll come out playing well in the second half. Removing Jason Peters was a big help. The Eagles are running the ball a lot, and Reagor's 40 yard catch was on a man beater route where he crossed with Fulgham while Ertz picked his defender. They're doing the things they should have been doing for weeks and it's working.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It got a little hairy in the second half, but we got the win 24-21. Yea! 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good road win by the Colts! 44-27. Neither team had much of a pass rush, but the Colts had more yards and longer possesssion time. Jonathan Taylor had almost 150 yards rushing, and Hilton scored two touchdowns. Kenny Moore made a one handed catch in the endzone to intercept Derek Carr. Philip Rivers was practically flawless. He has a winning carer record against the Raiders. 

I heard that Alex Smith went down with a leg injury. I hope it's not serious. 

Jalen Hurts could be the starter for the rest of the season. Impressive start for him.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw  @gardenman 

IMPRESSIVE wins by the COLTS and the EAGLES!!!! CONGRATS GREAT GAMES!!!!!

My WFT won the battle but lost the war......  Yep, Smith went out with a calf injury----dont know how serious yet....also one of our top offensive weapons---TE Logan Thomas was hurt....and on D Jonathan Allen....and a host of others....

It was our aggressive defense that turned turnovers into scores.....the defense was superbly led by Chase Young....and good play by Bostic , Payne, and Curl too....

My WFT couldnt get much of a running game going without Gibson.... McKissic was our best try.....Barber did little to nothing.  Haskins came in and was HORRIFIC I know he was thrown into the game unexpectantly but he couldnt complete a 5 yd pass.......Unless Alex is okay we are DOOMED..... I just dont have much faith in Haskins...and I dont like a guy that checks out his own stats and doesn't care if the team loses, doesnt study film or his playbook either....he's just not my kind of guy.......

And I want to kick Jeremy Sprinkle in the rear end...with a 2 minutes left we were already backed up and have to punt with the game hanging in the balance (49ers had time to score, go for 2 and we head into OT with little on offense)....Jeremy gets a penalty and puts my WFT on the 1 yd line....which means the 49ers got the ball with excellent field position....thankfully a good punt by Tress Way and the defensive line shut them down and the 49ers turned the ball over on downs.............

Yes my WFT is temporarily in 1st place...But the Eagles and Cowboys ...are back in the race for 1st..(although the Cowboys must win all their remaining games).The Giants are IFFY with Daniel Dimes at the helm......My WFT has Seahawks next...without Smith & Gibson we are DOOMED.....😫🙅‍♀️  Your Eagles still have a shot @gardenman