Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw wrote:

The Cowboys signed Kai Forbath, who was released by the Patriots. I'm not sure that will be an upgrade. 

Adam Vinatieri will have surgery on his left knee and was placed on IR for the rest of the season.  I figured something was wrong; it will take him 4 or 5 months to heal from this. I don't know what next season brings: he hasn't mentioned retirement yet. 

TE Jack Doyle signed a contract which gives him 24 million for three years. He has played well since Ebron was hurt, and deserves the raise. He's also a good blocker. Sunday Doyle had 74 yards despite the Buc's good defense. 

@teganslaw 

Kai has quite a track record....he's been all over the league....he played for the Redskins for awhile...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Here's an update for the Eagles/Redskins game---

Bill Callahan stepped up to the podium to give some much anticipated injury updates. Guice(knee) and Kerrigan (calf) have both already been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Eagles. Guice had an MRI today, but the team is waiting for the results before deciding whether to shut him down for the season. Kerrigan will miss the second game of this season(and his career), and will be week-to-week. No updates on Dunbar who suffered a hamstring injury yesterday. And Callahan still doesn’t have time for your Dwayne Haskins injury questions...

What's strange is that the Coach and team seems to be ignoring any questions regaring Haskins injury....Whats up with that.....SMH!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

This is really, really ugly. The Eagles are playing horribly. Ugh! 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

via fox45 news......

MVP candidate Lamar Jackson has suffered a thigh injury, reported Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Harbaugh said during Monday's press conference that he has a "quad injury," noting "it's not a serious injury."

The Ravens are set to play the Jets at home Thursday night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Whew! The Eagles pulled out the win despite losing way too many guys to injury. Alshon Jeffery is likely gone for the rest of the season after feeling something pop in his leg. Lane Johnson got rolled up and his injury looks significant. By the end of the game we were down to one healthy wide receiver and backup QB Josh McCown was getting ready to play receiver if need be. Little Boston Scott, our replacement for Darren Sproles filled in when Miles Sanders got dinged and outgained Saquon Barkley in total yards.

The Eagles need to find a body or two at wide receiver before Sunday. We've got three guys on the practice squad and could bring back Jordan Matthews yet again. The offensive line depth is still solid even if Lane Johnson is out for a while. Vaitai is next in line, then we've got Andre Dillard, Matt Pryor, and Sua Opeta as deep reserves on the roster. Getting Jordan Howard back from his stinger would help the offense a ton. 

Wentz just finally cut it loose last night and trusted the no name guys to be where they were supposed to be. That can be challenging for a QB. Hopefully that game will build some confidence and we can build on last night's game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles clearly need another body at wide receiver, maybe two. Do they look at a vet (Dez Bryant, Jordan Matthews, Antonio Brown?) Do they advance one of the three kids on the practice squad? (Marken Michel, Robert Davis, or Marcus Green.) All three of the practice squad guys have good speed, but other issues. Marken Michel was a standout in the CFL and played well in training camp for the Eagles before getting cut. He just rejoined the practice squad last week though. Robert Davis was a sixth-round pick of the Redskins a few years back, has good speed (4.4 in the 40) and good size (6'-3") but has iffy hands. Marcus Green was a sixth-round pick of the Falcons this past year but was too raw to make their roster. He's 5'-8" and runs a 4.4 also.

With Alshon likely gone, Agholor banged up and not playing well when healthy and just JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Greg Ward left, they need some receivers to fill out the roster. Whatever they do, they'll have to do it fast as Sunday will be here before you know it and with a short week to prepare, you'd like Wentz to get as much time with the new guy/guys as quickly as possible. The practice squad guys have been mostly playing opposite the starting defense on the scout team to give the defense looks of opposing teams, but if we're going to use one or more of them, you've got to get them on the other side of the field playing with Wentz and company instead of Sudfeld and McCown on the scout team, and that needs to start tomorrow.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

You all ever felt like there is something you should be doing, but didn't know

what it was?  That was me last night.  I put on Christmas music and started my

gift wrapping, all the while feeling like I should be doing something else - and now

I know what it was..............should had been watching MNF!!  Can't believe I forgot.

Oh well, didn't miss much since Philly won.Woman LOL

Congrats to all the Week 14 winners.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose 

If you'd started watching you probably wouldn't have made it past halftime. That first half of the game was dreadful and ugly. I kept watching, but it was not a fun game to watch. In a week of some really good football, that game was arguably the worst game of the week. It ended well for the Eagles, but it was not a fun game to watch. The ratings are probably not good. You really had to be a glutton for punishment to watch it past the first half.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Say it aint so, the Patriots accused of cheating? What is the world coming to? Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Say it aint so, the Patriots accused of cheating? What is the world coming to? Woman Wink

Yeah, they're shocked, shocked I tell you that a camera crew hired by them was filming the Bengals signals and plays. Why, how did that happen? Expect the league to slap them down again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!