Frequent Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman , @Spurt 

Pittsburgh vs Cardinals???

Honored Contributor

@vonIam wrote:

@gardenman , @Spurt 

Oops! Forgot it! I kind of like the Cardinals. I don't know why.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Bears are just spanking the Cowboys. If the Eagles win Monday night, they'll be tied with the Cowboys. The Cowboys play the Rams next week which will be a challenge for Dallas while the Eagles play the Redskins. The Eagles should beat the Redskins. That could have the Eagles a game ahead heading into that week sixteen matchup with the Cowboys.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@vonIam wrote:

@gardenman , @Spurt 

@vonIam 

Sorry about that okay.....

Pittsburgh VS Cardinals ---  Taking the Steelers they are focused and playing well and the Cardinals Murray is bit banged up.....and the Cardinals are on a losing streak...STEELERS for the WIN!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Good Morning! And HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS Smiley Wink As Denny Green once said, "they are who we thought they were".......Woman Very Happy

Okay @gardenman   its up to your Eagles to knock these frauds out of the playoffs and grab the "tarnished" NFC East title for your team...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I think the Eagles can shake off the rust and get back to playing good football. We're getting a bit healthier again. Health has been a big part of why the Eagles have been in trouble. Week one with everyone more or less healthy the Eagles played good football. Week two against the Falcons the Eagles lost DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffrey, Timmy Jernigan, Dallas Goedert, and Corey Clement. Corey Clement and DeSean Jackson were done for the year. Jernigan was out for an extended time (seven weeks?). Alshon and Goedert came back pretty quickly but weren't right. Jernigan missed about half the year. We were already down four starters heading into the Atlanta game and losing six more didn't help matters any.

By my best guesstimate, the Eagles only have eight starters who haven't missed at least one game this year due to injury. Even a few of those guys have had to leave games due to injury only to come back the next week. You can make a pretty good case that DeSean Jackson is the Eagles second-best player behind Wentz and he only played one game. Jordan Howard is the guy they built the running game around and he's been out multiple weeks now. Jason Peters is checking into and out of games on a regular basis with some injury or another. Two of our starting DB's (Jalen Mills and Cre'Von LeBlanc) were still out from injuries they suffered last year. Both have just recently rejoined the team.

Alshon looked healthy last week and if he can keep performing and we get something, anything, from the receiver spot opposite him, combined with Ertz and Goedert at tight end, the passing game could be okay. If we can get Jordan Howard back soon, it'll help the running game, though Miles Sanders has done well for a rookie.

This has been a very patched together team this year, more so than most years, but hopefully, the pieces are slotting into place now. Last week's loss to Miami was more about Fitzpatrick having one of his magic days where he's perfectly accurate and unbeatable than anything the Eagles did wrong.

A big win Monday night, followed by a win a week later against the Redskins would do wonders for the psyche of the team. I don't think the Cowboys will have an easy time against the Rams next week. Then comes the week sixteen meeting between the two teams. That will likely be winner take all. My best guess right now is the Eagles will be 7-7 and the Cowboys 6-8 heading into that game. An Eagles win would give them the East, a home field playoff game, and a week to rest the starters in week seventeen. Then the Niners or Seahawks would likely come to Philly and things would start to get interesting.

Right now, the Eagles need to focus on beating the Giants Monday night and then the Redskins next week. Win and everything else takes care of itself. If this team could overcome all it's been through this year and get to, and win the Super Bowl, wow! It would make a heck of a series for Amazon and their "All or Nothing" series that's being filmed in Philly this year.

Once you get in the playoffs, all bets are off. Throw out the records. Forget the regular season. Each week is a new season. A chance to make a name for yourself. It's the getting there that's the challenge. The door is now wide open for the Eagles. All they have to do is step through the door. One thing's for sure, no one will be fearing us heading into the playoffs. That can work to our advantage. We just need to get there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Seeing Jason Witten going off on a coach on the sidelines was kind of new. I don't remember seeing that before. He's typically the cool, calm, "we've got this," team-first guy.  Seeing him losing his cool was interesting. It wasn't quite OBJ level, but he was getting pretty close. There was also a shot of Sean Lee, who's typically a bit more hot-blooded, just sitting there looking like someone had died. 

They've got ten days to pull themselves together before they face the Rams who have been playing better lately. Last week you had Michael Bennett throwing a temper tantrum in the locker room. This week Jason Witten was throwing one on the sideline. What's next?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Just now checked the score - another loss.  OK, this madness will soon be over.

You GO Witten!!!  If Witten is upset, I know things are bad.  I wonder if his words

included....""I Didn't Come Back for THIS...."

Rumor has it Stephen Jones is talking to potential head coaches at this moment.

There's one name on the list that I would hate seeing come to Dallas.

And I Hate saying these words but LETS GO GIANTS.

While the Stars are falling, they may as well hit a few Eagles on the way down. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Seeing Jason Witten going off on a coach on the sidelines was kind of new. I don't remember seeing that before. He's typically the cool, calm, "we've got this," team-first guy.  Seeing him losing his cool was interesting. It wasn't quite OBJ level, but he was getting pretty close. There was also a shot of Sean Lee, who's typically a bit more hot-blooded, just sitting there looking like someone had died. 

They've got ten days to pull themselves together before they face the Rams who have been playing better lately. Last week you had Michael Bennett throwing a temper tantrum in the locker room. This week Jason Witten was throwing one on the sideline. What's next?

@gardenman 

It's so much fun to watch the Cowboys implode...its well....an early Christmas gift...Woman Very Happy 

🎄 🎅🎁

Let's see Jerrah can fire the coach ...... but part of the problem that the Cowboys have is much like my Redskins in that part of the blame for the Cowboy's state of affairs also goes to the GM (contracts and extensions, and letting some FA go etc etc).....While my Redskins can remedy the situation with a new coach and new GM.....the Cowboys....well they can get a new coach, but I don't quite picture Jerrah firing their GM.... 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Just now checked the score - another loss.  OK, this madness will soon be over.

You GO Witten!!!  If Witten is upset, I know things are bad.  I wonder if his words

included....""I Didn't Come Back for THIS...."

Rumor has it Stephen Jones is talking to potential head coaches at this moment.

There's one name on the list that I would hate seeing come to Dallas.

And I Hate saying these words but LETS GO GIANTS.

While the Stars are falling, they may as well hit a few Eagles on the way down. Woman LOL

@yellowrose 

PRICELESS-- Loved your response ....misery loves company as they say......

Hey if my Redskins SWEEP and win the remaining games they still have a full 3% chance to make the playoffs..... LOL Woman Very Happy