Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

I am going to leave these boards for awhile ... and just wanted to say how much fun I have had here on this football forum! Have learned so, so much!!!Woman Happy

In the short term I am giving up posting on ... and reading the QVC boards ... because there is just so much to do before XMAS!! Presents to buy and wrap, events to attend, company coming, our traveling ... just lots going on! And these boards are so tempting, that when I start reading, they are a time thief!! So after this post (and one on another thread saying good-bye!) I am giving them up cold turkey!!Woman Happy

Now in January I had already planned to stop posting once the season for the Eagles ended. I adore political blogging and have, through the years, see-sawed back and forth posting here on QVC during non-Presidential campaign years and then moving over to my campaign postings on other sites during Presidential and run-up years. There are only so many hours in the day that I want to be online ... so this back and forth has worked very well.Woman Happy

It looks like the Eagles are done ... but am still hoping they can snag the #6 seed from the Vikings! I think it is a wonderful experience to be in the playoffs, no matter the eventual outcome ... keeping my fingers crossed!!

Just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2019 and 2020 ! I do hope your femur heals totally very soon, @gardenman. To @teganslaw your Colts have been looking phenomenal ... congrats!!! @sunshine45 let's hope the Ravens can nudge out the Steelers! To @redwingsgal I hope the Lions will have a better year in 2019! And to @Spurt ... you have been so much fun to read and talk to!!! I truly do hope the Redskins will get rid of Bruce Allen and that then the team will come together and do great things!!

So will see you all again after November 2020!!!Woman HappyWoman Happy

Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Wow, this is a shocker! The Minnesota Vikings just fired OC John DeFillippo!!

And here we Eagle fans think losing him along with Frank Reich is a big part in our woes this season!

Wish the Eagles could get him back!Woman Happy

(Edited to add that yes @teganslaw those Seahawk glow stick lime green uniforms probably blinded the Vikings!!)

@yellowBeetle

I dont think it was a shocker that DeFillippo was fired at all...he kept making the running game their main strategy and it wasnt working, the Vikings arent built as primarily a running team, thats not where there strengths are!!!  One of the announcers,  I think it was Witten, said they didnt have to establish a running game to make their passing game effective, they could have established their passing game and then mixed in some runs which would then be more effective.....But DeFillippo was like a bulldog and kept on with the run....and poor results....there go the playoffs!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle

Im very sad to hear you are leaving these boards for awhile.  It's been nice chatting with you too... We will miss you Woman Sad

You sure you wont re-consider, I understand how you feel about juggling all kinds of things during the busy Chrismas season, and these Forums can be a real time stealer, but come on you don't want to miss out on all the draft fun.....Woman Wink

Wishing you and yours....

Image result for glitter merry christmas tree

Image result for nfl eagles merry christmas

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Good Luck to you, @yellowBeetle !!  If you ever change your mind, we will be here!

See you in 2020 !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

Yellowbeetle, take care. We'll miss you on the board. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years, we'll be here when you return. 

Remember: Eagles-Superbowl Champs!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Mike Zimmer (the Vikings head coach) is a defensive minded coach who wants the run game emphasized while DeFillippo believes in using the passing game more. They apparently started clashing way, way back in the OTA's and never came together. When you've got that corp of receivers, not using them is kind of a crime. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles bring DeFillippo back in some manner.

Honestly, with the way the Vikings and Panthers are collapsing, the Eagles may just back into the playoffs whether they want to or not. The Panthers have two games with the Saints coming up and their other game is with the Falcons. The Vikings have the Dolphins, Lions and Bears. The Vikings have the seemingly easiest schedule of the three, but you never know. The Dolphins can play well and the Lions and Bears are division rivals.

Yellowbeetle. We're here in some manner all year round, so feel free to pop in from time to time. In the offseason we do a monthly news and notes rather than a weekly update, but we're always here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!