Honored Contributor

Week Fourteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

Hmmm..... for some reason my computer's refusing to load the Q forums this morning, so I'm posting this from my tablet. 

We start out week fourteen with the Jags at the Titans. Two AFC playoff teams last year facing interesting offseasons this year. The Jags will definitely be looking for a new QB. The Titans might be also. (Less likely, but you never know.) The Titans have a slim chance of making the playoffs and need the win, so I'm picking the Titans.

The Jets play the Bills in a game that could determine draft position. The Jets would currently draft ahead of the Bills now, but a Jets win could let the Bills jump them in the draft.

Carolina goes to Cleveland in what's pretty much a must win game for Carolina. They've managed to lose four in a row and drop from 6-2 to 6-6. Momentum is not going with the Panthers. The Browns aren't the patsies we're so used to seeing in the past. This is essentially a playoff game for Carolina. They need the win. I'll give them a slight edge, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them lose.

Atlanta goes to Green Bay in what looked like a playoff game preview iin the preseason. Now with both teams with just four wins, it's just a fight for draft position. Two very disappointing teams this year. I guess I'll take Green Bay since they're playing at home.

Indy goes to Houston in a big test for the Colts. A win (or a close loss) validates them as a playoff caliber team. The Texans are riding a nine game win streak and sooner or later that streak will end. I this might be the week. I'm taking the Colts with Frank Reich pulling out a trick play for a crucial score.

The Ravens go to KC. Tough playing in KC. The Chiefs are a tad distracted by the Kareem Hunt chaos, but I think Mahomes will overcome that and the Chiefs will get the win in a close game.

The Patriots go to Miami. I'll take the Patriots. I think the Dolphins will have an interesting offseason.

New Orleans goes to Tampa. Jameis Winston is playing well the last few weeks, but he's no Drew Brees. I'll take the Saints.

The Giants play the Redskins. Mark Sanchez will keep the Redskins competitive in this one, then likely make the big mistake late in the game letting the Giants eke out yet another win and drop further in the draft. I'm taking the Giants.

The Bengals go to the Chargers. I'll take the Chargers. The Bengals are just a trainwreck. One that's likely to get worse as they seem intent on Hue 1-32 Jackson being their next head coach.

The Broncos take on the Niners in a game that some preseason optimists thought might be a Super Bowl preview. Not so much. I'll take the Niners at home.

Detroit goes to Arizona in another draft position game. I guess I'll take Detroit.

The Eagles go to Dallas in what amounts to a playoff game. The Cowboys are healthy and playing well, while the Eagles are still a tad beat up and just now rounding into form. The two teams generally play their best against one another. The Cowboys have a lot of rest, having last played last Thursday, while the Eagles are coming off a short week following the Monday Night game. This is a must win game for Philly and I think they will. The Eagles need to get ahead earlyearly and force Dak Prescott to beat them. Fly, Eagles, Fly!

Pittsburgh takes on Oakland. Should be a win for Pittsburgh.

The Rams and Bears play on Sunday night. Both teams will be NFC playoff teams barring a complete collapse, so how will the coaches respond knowing they'll possibly face one another in a month or so? Does one team throttle back a bit holding looks and schemes in reserve, or do both teams play flat out for the win? I'm taking the Bears in this one due to the home turf. That field in Chicago is generally not good for a speed team like the Rams. 

And finally we get the Vikings and Seahawks in a game that could determine which team gets a wild card slot. I'll take Seattle in Seattle.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fourteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

Sure, I just get done the long post on my tablet and the site's back up and working on the computer again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

After last week, the Colts will probably come out fighting. Houston has something to play for (seeding in the playoffs), but the Colts are more desperate. Both teams have good defenses, and some solid offensive players. This is the time for upsets, and the Texans winning streak has to end sometime. Hopefully, it will be this coming week. I'm thinking a close game decided by a last minute field goal or touchdown. 

Will Dallas' defense be as intimidating as last week? Hard to tell, since it's a division game, and those are difficult to predict. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Here I go again, although I do not know why I continue to watch sports, allowing my heart to get ripped out game after game after game.....

Titans over Jags-QB are both in a funk, but MM is still starting

Bills over Jets-I need a big game from Shady for my FF playoffs

Browns over Panthers-Just a gut feeling, could be wrong

Falcons over Green Bay-Matty Ice if my FF QB and I still hope to finish above the Pack

Texans over Colts-Hottest team in the league and my FF D/ST

Chiefs over Ravens-Mahomes is the real deal, as long as Kelce gets all the TDs (FF)

Patriots over Dolphins-This should be an easy win

Saints over Bucs-Agree, @gardenman

Giants over Redskins-Toss up game

Chargers over Bengals-I am really pulling for Rivers to make it to the SB

49ers over Broncos-I do not like anything with John Elway's name on it

LIONS over Cardinals-Gotta pass GB.  This would be a great birthday gift, boys!!

Eagles over Cowboys-I do not like anything with Jerry Jones' name on it

Steelers over Oakland-Easy peasy

Rams over Bears-I need Gurley big time in this one

Seahawks over Vikings-Home field

Good luck to everyone's teams!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Wow! Cannot believe there are only 4 more regular season games!!! This football fall has flown by!!

Here goes ....

Thursday

8:20 ... TITANS over Jaguars ... Could go the other way ...

Sunday

1:00

PANTHERS over Browns ... Cam will come through!

RAVENS over Chiefs ... Baltimore is on a roll!

COLTS over Texans ... Andrew Luck will be in top form again ...

DOLPHINS over Patriots ... I almost always pick against NE ... nothing personal, but just am tired of them winning year after year!

REDSKINS over Giants ... Sanchez will have more time to study!

SAINTS over Bucs ... Brees will not lose twice to TB!

FALCONS over Packers ... Too much drama in GB ...

BILLS over Jets ... Could go the other way ...

4:05 

LA CHARGERS over Bengals ... This is Rivers' year!

BRONCOS over 49ers ... Denver is looking better ...

4:25

EAGLES over Cowboys ... Now honestly, I do not have a lot of confidence in this pick! But if the Eagles lose, their season is ... for all intents and purposes ...over. If the Cowboys lose, they can still win the division, imo, given their easier schedule. So this is a 100% must win for the Eagles!! After Wentz looked like the Wentz of last year this past Monday night (for really the first time this season) I hope they can do this!

RAIDERS over Steelers ... OK, like with NE, I also almost always bet against the Steelers too, because I get tired of them winning so often. Nothing against the players or their fans ...  just like the idea that it is nice for some other teams to have a crack at a Super Bowl title!

LIONS over Cardinals ... Detroit is the better team, imo!

8:20 

LA RAMS over Bears ... Rams are playing for that all-important home field advantage!

Monday 8:15

VIKINGS over Seahawks ... Kirk Cousins will show everyone why he was paid that whopping salary!!

Good luck to all!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a good week for my sport's teams.....Let's try some picks!

Jags vs Titans----Jags definitely will be selecting a new QB! I am going with the Titans for the WIN!

Jets vs Bills----I'm going with a "W" for the Bills since the Bills are at home!

Panthers vs Browns ---Cam is so tempermental and Panthers are on a downslide, Mayfield wants to win so I'm going with the upset and the Browns!

Falcons vs Packers---I'll take the Packers and the weather at Lambeau vs a dome team.  I also think Rodger's pride will kick in and give him a determination to get a win without McCarthy

Colts vs Texans---Texans are on a roll.  The Colts were on a roll, but lost in a defensive battle with the Jags. This should be a good game.  I'm giving the TEXANS the edge and a Win!

Ravens vs Chiefs--- Lamar versus Mahomes.  I'm going with the Chiefs. 

Patriots vs Dolphins--PATRIOTS! 

Saints vs Bucs-- Saints must re-group and get back on track both offensively and defensively.  SAINTS!

Giants vs Redskins--Oh boy my Redskins are a mess, Sanchez at QB, makeshift O line, defensive players that aren't tackling, secondary is a mess. More starters on IR Dunbar, Quinn, and another O lineman Cooper are all on IR. The only bright spots ---WR Crowder is back, and RB Thompson is also back, giving AP some relief and a change of pace. Giants have gotten their act together and are playing pretty good--I am going against my team and picking the GIANTS Woman Sad

Bengals vs Chargers---Ẃill the teflon man, Marvin Lewis, finally get fired...  I am taking the LA Super Chargers!!! What a win last week!!!

Broncos vs 49ers---The Broncos have been playing better, 49ers lost again. Taking the Broncos for the win

Lions vs Cardinals---Lions are in a rebuilding mold, so are the Cardinals. Cards surprised the Packers, but I dont think they will get two in a row.  Going with the better QB and the Lions!

Eagles vs Cowboys---Important game for the race for NFC East crown..... Dak is the Cowboys weak link and the Eagles have the defense to put the pressure on, and the better QB --Eagles for the WIN!

Steelers vs Raiders--the infighting with words in the Steeler's locker room and injury to their RB make them a bit of a mess, but still in a better position than the Raiders, going with the Steelers!

Rams vs Bears--Looks like Trubisky will be at QB for Da Bears.  The Rams are feeling their oats. I'm going with the Rams!

Vikings vs Seahawks-- Both teams need this in for playoff hunt! Vikings have struggled and Seattle has won 3 weeks in a row---playing in Seattle and have their 12th man.  I am going with the Seahawks!

Good Luck Everyone!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

oh  oh.....

Getty Images

No doubt, Kamu Grugier-Hill‘s quote already has made its way to the Cowboys’ electronic message board in the locker room. It probably won’t make Doug Pederson happy.

“Look at Dallas’ history,” the linebacker said, via John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia. “They always choke, so we’ll go down there and make them choke.”

The Cowboys have won four games in a row, including a 27-20 victory over the Eagles on Nov. 11. Grugier-Hill dropped a Dak Prescott pass that hit him in the hands, which likely would have resulted in a pick-six in the first quarter with the Cowboys at their own 8-yard line.

It’s hard to say a team “always” chokes when they have five Lombardi Trophies in their lobby. But, yes, Eagles fans will point out the Cowboys’ most recent title came in 1995, with no NFC Championship Game appearances since, and Philadelphia is the reigning Super Bowl champion.

The teams are playing for first place in the NFC East with Dallas entering a game ahead of the Eagles. But the Cowboys close with Indianapolis, Tampa Bay and the Giants, while the Eagles finish with the Rams, Texans and Washington.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

"Dallas always chokes" those are fighting words. This should be an interesting game. 

Gardenman, Yellowbeetle, I like the NFL Shop commercial with the  man in the Eagles musical sweater. He's in an elevator with a Cowboys fan, and ends saying "Superbowl Champs." Too funny. Do either of you have that sweater? j/k. I have Colts gear, but no sweater that plays music. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

"Dallas always chokes" those are fighting words. This should be an interesting game. 

Gardenman, Yellowbeetle, I like the NFL Shop commercial with the  man in the Eagles musical sweater. He's in an elevator with a Cowboys fan, and ends saying "Superbowl Champs." Too funny. Do either of you have that sweater? j/k. I have Colts gear, but no sweater that plays music. 

@teganslaw

I like that commercial too....😄

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

oh  oh.....

Getty Images

No doubt, Kamu Grugier-Hill‘s quote already has made its way to the Cowboys’ electronic message board in the locker room. It probably won’t make Doug Pederson happy.

“Look at Dallas’ history,” the linebacker said, via John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia. “They always choke, so we’ll go down there and make them choke.”

The Cowboys have won four games in a row, including a 27-20 victory over the Eagles on Nov. 11. Grugier-Hill dropped a Dak Prescott pass that hit him in the hands, which likely would have resulted in a pick-six in the first quarter with the Cowboys at their own 8-yard line.

It’s hard to say a team “always” chokes when they have five Lombardi Trophies in their lobby. But, yes, Eagles fans will point out the Cowboys’ most recent title came in 1995, with no NFC Championship Game appearances since, and Philadelphia is the reigning Super Bowl champion.

The teams are playing for first place in the NFC East with Dallas entering a game ahead of the Eagles. But the Cowboys close with Indianapolis, Tampa Bay and the Giants, while the Eagles finish with the Rams, Texans and Washington.

@Spurt

I saw that last night on the 6 pm local news! John Clark is a fave ... he was having fun with this quotation! Woman Happy