Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And the Eagles are alone in first place in the NFC East after Washington's loss last night. The injury bug seems to have moved from the Eagles to the Redskins with them losing Josh Norman for several weeks with a broken rib and possible lung injury. That Eagle lead could increase a bit with the Cowboys playing the Packers in week five while the Eagles play the Cards. The Eagles are early favorites in that game, but Bruce Arians hates the Eagles and generally has his team playing like madmen against the Eagles, so this week is anything but a sure win for the Eagles. Arians had been the Temple football coach in Philly and apparently felt he deserved a shot at the Eagles head coaching job a while back and never got a fair shot. When the Eagles hired Chip Kelly, Arians really turned up the heat. This will be a fight for the Eagles.

The Giants are in trouble if they don't win this coming week against the Chargers. After the Chargers they go to the Broncos and then play Seattle and the Rams. It's not hard to see them being 0-8 at the midway point if they don't win this coming week. They've got to stop the bleeding.

The Bears have decided it's time to make the move to Mitchell Trubisky. That's one more way for Browns' fans to get agita. They're already dealing with passing up on Carson Wentz last year and DeShaun Watson this year, having Trubisky show up and play well will just further depress the Browns' fans.

Quite a few teams are in trouble. The Raiders being 2-2 with Derek Carr likely out for several weeks are not in a good spot. The Chiefs look pretty hard to beat and the Raiders may already be having to look more towards a wildcard spot than the AFC West championship. They'll be starting EJ Manuel for the next few weeks and that's not especially encouraging. The Giants are pretty much dead at 0-4. Their immediate schedule doesn't favor them any either. Optimistically they'll be 2-6 at the midway point, realistically 1-7 or 0-8 are more likely. The Chargers and Browns are all but dead at 0-4. The Niners are also dead at 0-4.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Chiefs pulled it out to win but it wasn' pretty. Nail biter. First half looked dismal for my team. Talk about going down to the wire!!!!

Luckily my manicure survived.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it......talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat......The Redskins just gave this game away.....

What went wrong.........

Doctson dropped what could have been the game winning pass --Cousins threw it right to him.  This guy is worthless got injured right after drafted sat out a season and has seen little action even this year...........In hindsight, the Redskins shouldve paid Pierre Garcon what he was worth since Pryor hasnt done much either and Pierre was worth his weight in gold.......(pardon the pun)........

Rookie Samaje Perine's fumble---as Gruden pointed out he seems to be following the path of Matt Jones (who was cut and now plays for the Colts)

Preston Smith--In the past Preston has played well, but come on 3 off side penalties is inexcusable!  There were some other inexcusable penalties too..........

CB Breeland needs to be benched---the guy is worthless, tired of him getting burned time after time....his tackling leaves much to be desired.....

Cousins--For the most part he was on target.....his scrambling continued drives, but later in the game a few passes were off (although I think it was adjustments by a good Chief defense)

Injuries---one wonders if the Redskins will even have enough defensive players to field a team.........  Redskins even had to find players way deep into the bench.....OY!!! 

And that last  "shuffle play"..........come on..............

The only good thing is next week is the bye week before we play the 49ers................

@gardenman

Congrats you sit atop the NFC East...............

Redskins/Cowboys tied

pulling up last place the Giants....who wouldve thought that the Jets would have a better record than the Giants at this point in the season.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Well, Doctson held the ball 95% of the way to a catch. The receivers were downgraded this year, and it shows. The good news is DeSean Jackson isn't thrilled with how things are going in Tampa and could implode and find himself on the trade block. Maybe the Redskins would bring him back.

Cousins is putting up good enough numbers to force the Redskins to keep him again, which could get very expensive.

The folks at NFL.com have the Eagles at three now in the power rankings. Frankly, that's too high. I'd put them in the lower half of the top ten (7-8) but not three. I'd rank KC, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, maybe Denver, Carolina, and the Raiders above them. New England will still likely pull things together and climb back up the ranking as will Atlanta. Right now, I'm pretty comfortable with the Eagles in seven or eight, but I think three is too high. We'll see what happens, but I don't see the Eagles being the third best team in the NFL right now. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I didn't watch week 3, and I don't plan to watch week 4.  I can't separate my feelings about the actions of the players and the game.

Since I am from Chicago, I've been kind of curious how Jay Cutler does in Miami.  He had a horrible attitude and wonder if he's been different there.  I would guess he isn't.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Chiefs pulled it out to win but it wasn' pretty. Nail biter. First half looked dismal for my team. Talk about going down to the wire!!!!

Luckily my manicure survived.

@LonestarBabs

CONGRATULATIONS on the Chiefs WIN!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

On NFL Network we are rated#9 which I cant believe (we fell 2 rankings from last week ) But I cant believe we were rated that high just because we played the Chiefs tough.............

Here's ESPN's Power Rankings---Eagles are #9 and Redskins #14.....

OMG Trent Williams will have MRI--hope its not that bad we need him he's our best  linemen and only decent LT....

RB Kelley is day to day

Norman is week to week-YIKES in an already weak secondary---

Respected Contributor

"On Any Given Sunday or Monday or Thursday". Go Chiefs!

Valued Contributor

It's no longer about playing the game of football. Sad. I no longer watch.