Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Playoffs! The Super Bowl!!!

@Spurt 

I think the Texans are targeting the WFT for Watson. That's why they want two firsts, two seconds, and two starting d-linemen. The WFT gave up three firsts to get RGIII, so there's some history there. They're deep on the d-line and could move Montez Sweat and either Payne or Allen and still have Kerrigan, Chase Young, whoever wasn't traded in Payne/Allen, and Tim Settle as the starting d-line. That's not a bad d-line. Sweat, Payne, and Allen weren't drafted by Rivera so they're not "his guys" necessarily. I don't think he'd part with Chase young, but the other guys might be available.

The WFT draft nineteenth this year and if they get Watson it's not hard to imagine them drafting later next year. Two later half first-round picks and two later half second-round picks, plus two "spare" d-linemen to get a top-five QB isn't a horrible price. 

We'll have to see what happens, but my gut says the Texans have targeted the WFT as the preferred landing spot for Watson. The pieces all fit. They're asking for things the WFT could part with and not cripple the team. The WFT were willing to part with draft picks for Stafford, but Watson's better. We'll have to see what happens.

Waiting for a franchise QB isn't always so easy. Ask the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Browns, etc. It's not often a guy like Watson is available. I don't think that reported asking price is too much for the WFT to consider. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

I think the Texans are targeting the WFT for Watson. That's why they want two firsts, two seconds, and two starting d-linemen. The WFT gave up three firsts to get RGIII, so there's some history there. They're deep on the d-line and could move Montez Sweat and either Payne or Allen and still have Kerrigan, Chase Young, whoever wasn't traded in Payne/Allen, and Tim Settle as the starting d-line. That's not a bad d-line. Sweat, Payne, and Allen weren't drafted by Rivera so they're not "his guys" necessarily. I don't think he'd part with Chase young, but the other guys might be available.

The WFT draft nineteenth this year and if they get Watson it's not hard to imagine them drafting later next year. Two later half first-round picks and two later half second-round picks, plus two "spare" d-linemen to get a top-five QB isn't a horrible price. 

We'll have to see what happens, but my gut says the Texans have targeted the WFT as the preferred landing spot for Watson. The pieces all fit. They're asking for things the WFT could part with and not cripple the team. The WFT were willing to part with draft picks for Stafford, but Watson's better. We'll have to see what happens.

Waiting for a franchise QB isn't always so easy. Ask the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Browns, etc. It's not often a guy like Watson is available. I don't think that reported asking price is too much for the WFT to consider. 

@gardenman 

This isnt Bruce Allen and Danny Boy that they are dealing with..... both are out of the picture and overpaid for lots of players....And although Kerrigan is one of my favorite players his cap hit may be too much....and there's his age.....

They should Target the Colts.....they are playoff bound and close to getting to the Super Bowl and have plenty of cap space makes more sense.... Panthers are willing to deal too........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The Colts and Panthers are both a bit low on defensive linemen though which makes me think the Texans are targeting the WFT.

The Colts didn't seem to be all in on Stafford which makes me think the Colts are still looking at Wentz. He makes sense for them. The price is the big issue. I think if Wentz hits the open market his price would be high. Higher than most of the "experts" think. I think most sane people in the NFL look at last year as an aberration with Wentz. Fourteen different starting offensive lines. No healthy receivers for the whole year. A head coach who was just over it all. Playcalling that was abysmal. You could have put Rodgers or Brady in Philly last year and they'd have stunk. Was that the real Wentz? I don't think so.

Frank Reich and John DeFilippo were the guys behind Wentz coming to Philly. Reich is in Indy and Coach Flip is in Chicago. Both need a QB. If Wentz is made available a bidding war between those two teams is likely to erupt. You've got two true believers in Wentz on those staffs. They bet their careers on him once, I'm pretty sure both are willing to do so again. The two teams draft at 20 and 21, so there's no huge advantage for either team in picks. It'll be the volume of picks more than draft position that decides where he goes. If he even goes anywhere. I think the Eagles would be stupid to trade him, but we do stupid stuff.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I read that Zach Ertz might be traded and the Colts are interested. According to analysts, almost every free agent available is headed to Indy. Besides Ertz, others going to the Colts are Godwin, Hunter Henry (that proved false) and possibly Wentz. Eason had said that he's ready to start if needed. Maybe the Colts should give him a chance. 

Jared Goff had said that he's happy to be in a place where he's wanted. Sounds like there was some bad blood between Goff and McVay. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Ertz was available for a trade before the trading deadline in the fall then got injured. He wants a new, higher paying deal and the Eagles weren't budging. He's still got one year left on his current deal at $8+ million, but wants $15 or so million a year. He seemed to let the contract get in the way of his play last year as he was generally horrible. A bundle of Ertz and Wentz is not out of the question. I think the Eagles should keep Ertz unless they get a third round pick or higher for him. He'll likely play hard in 2021 so he's a valued free agent in 2022. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I read that Zach Ertz might be traded and the Colts are interested. According to analysts, almost every free agent available is headed to Indy. Besides Ertz, others going to the Colts are Godwin, Hunter Henry (that proved false) and possibly Wentz. Eason had said that he's ready to start if needed. Maybe the Colts should give him a chance. 

Jared Goff had said that he's happy to be in a place where he's wanted. Sounds like there was some bad blood between Goff and McVay. 

I feel kinda bad for Goff going to Detroit where fans have been waiting for greatness for 60 years. Where careers go to die. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Excitement is off the charts here in the Tampa Bay area! We are stoked for a Bucs win! To the person who said it's not fair for us to play on our home field, you do realize the stadium selections are made years in advance, right? The NFL has asked us not to fire the cannons when the Bucs score, so I guess that's an attempt at neutrality 😆

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm it looks like my WFT may be waiting to see what Chucky does....its interesting because pictures of both Carr and Mariota are pictured on one of the team's websites with speculation abound...I'd go with either one of them if the cost isn't too high...the team also has to make a decision on Scherff as well...I thing we need to re-sign him hard to find good O lineman, draft hasnt been plentiful at that position

It looks like all the WFT front office folks have taken a vow and wont reveal their hand....saying they are exploring all options and "loose lips, sink ships".....and we need more weapons on offense so arent giving away the house for one position....why get a top tier QB and there's no weapons and no decent o line for protection..... makes sense to me! 

WFT Reporter, John Keim says that we couldve had Cam last year but didnt bite, so his personal opinion is that Cam isnt in WFT future....👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adam Schefter said yesterday that Wentz is unhappy again and it appears he would like to be traded. And Schefter thinks he will be traded.

I bounced around this morning listening to various shows and heard a very close friend and huge supporter of Wentz named Dan Orlovsky say that Wentz wants out of Philly. He thinks Wentz will land in IND, CHI, or SF. He is a passionate defender of Wentz and said that mentally and emotionally Wentz just does not feel comfortable in Philly. Others this morning were much more critical of Wentz saying in essence that he needs to grow up and not be so emotionally and mentally fragile about having to compete with Jalen Hurts for the starting QB job. That seems to be the origin of this latest "leak of unhappiness" from Schefter. A week ago everything seemed fine with Wentz. But after Sirianni mentioned that the two QBs would have to compete, Wentz seemed to become angered and dissatisfied and unhappy yet again.

Now honestly, with Lurie and Roseman jumping through hoops to try and keep Wentz happy by firing Pederson, etc., I think most felt the outcome of this "competition" was a foregone conclusion and that no matter how much Hurts might have outshone Wentz, that Wentz would still have been named the starter. But it looks like Wentz just got his back up and felt emotionally and mentally threatened over having to participate in a competition that was likely just for show.

So now Wentz wants out. But who will take him? Seems that the Colts and Bears make the most sense. But if it is the Bears, Foles would have to leave! Maybe the Eagles could get Foles back! He would likely not mind being the backup to Hurts. And if Ertz and Wentz were packaged together, that would probably be appealing. I think the best thing for Wentz and the Eagles is to part ways. Wentz will likely flourish and do very well in a new city...and the Eagles will do well with Hurts. It is a win/win scenario.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marty Schottenheimer was moved to hospice on Saturday due to complications from Alzheimers disease. He's been battling it for several years. I hope he is able to watch the Chiefs game. He led that team for many years, and his love for Derrick Thomas was special. This Chiefs fan is happy for the Super Bowl but sad for Coach Marty...

Chiefs_logo1.jpg