Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Playoffs! The Super Bowl!!!

@teganslaw @yellowBeetle

That's funny how Aaron just threw that word fiancee out there...lol

As you can tell I'm not an Andy Reid fan...I do like Bruce Arians...enjoy the game

I'm going over to my sister's and watch with a couple friends and her rambunctious cat...😸
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

my uneducated guess.......

KC 31 - TB 21

hope we all see a good game......and some good commercials!

wings, pizza, hawaiian sliders, caesar salad, guac and salsa, cheese and charcuterie board, assorted dips and chips......plenty of cocktails, beer, and those horrible seltzer things that are so popular.

ENJOY!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

That KC defense is sloppy and undisciplined. They need to have the coaches rip them a new one at halftime. The stupid penalties are just killing them. The Bucs are taking advantage of their sloppiness, but the Chiefs need to start playing smarter on defense.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kudos to the Bucs. I'd been hoping for a closer game but that KC patched-up offensive line just couldn't hold up after losing two starters. When your line can't block, any QB starts to look mortal even Patrick Mahomes..Note to whoever ends up with Wentz, this year he had fourteen different starting offensive lines with two and three deep players starting at several positions. A couple of weeks we signed someone off the street and then had them starting. Almost every week there were even changes mid-game. If Mahomes can look mortal due to a shuffled o-line, so can anyone. And Mahomes still had all-pro receivers in Kelce and Tyreek Hill. Wentz didn't have guys like that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

CONGRATS TO THE BUCS on their SUPER BOWL WIN!!! I thought their defense was superb!!!  

The Chiefs played sloppily and those penalties were inexcusable....it looks like Honey Badger reverted to his old self....I thought for sure as the game went on he'd get ejected from the game....And as far as Mahomes, it shows you how important an offensive line is.....

@sunshine45 

Your menu sounded delicious....since there were just 4 of us we had pizza and Italian subs, chips and dip.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Stink. Stank. Stunk.

smellemoticon.jpg

As a Chiefs fan, this was my face for most of the game.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

One of our local guys said it best--- its the Super Bowl, but Jerry has to make sure he gets some attention for his Boyz.....

It seems that Dak Prescott had a second surgery to strengthen his deltoid ligament, clean out the ankle and make it more structurally sound. It was not related to the October injury, but was reportedly found after doctors went in for the initial surgery. Doctors waited until there was no risk of infection to go back in.  Jerry Jones says the second surgery has no impact on the Cowboy's plans saying they still plan to sign Dak to a long term contract but will also consider using the franchise tag if necessary....

Here's a bit of Trivia, the Cowboys have won 5 Super Bowls but 7 MVPS....

Chuck Howley (even though the Cowboys lost to the Colts--- go figure the only player on a losing team to receive the award) @teganslaw 

Roger Staubach

Harvey Martin, Randy White (co-winners)

Troy Aikman

Emmitt Smith

Larry Brown

Esteemed Contributor

Chiefs Kingdom was conquered. I  had a feeling that this is Tom Brady's year. I'm happy for former Colts player Joe Haeg. He didn't get many chances in Indy, and changed teams so he could be a starter. Now he gets ring. I'm not a big Brady fan, but there is no denying what he has done, and with an amazing defense at that. 

As far as the commercials, my favorites were Cadillac with Edgar Scissorhands, and Uber Eats with Wayne's World. 

The Weeknd was OK, but it was difficult to hear his voice at times. I wasn't impressed with the production number itself.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Chiefs Kingdom was conquered. I  had a feeling that this is Tom Brady's year. I'm happy for former Colts player Joe Haeg. He didn't get many chances in Indy, and changed teams so he could be a starter. Now he gets ring. I'm not a big Brady fan, but there is no denying what he has done, and with an amazing defense at that. 

As far as the commercials, my favorites were Cadillac with Edgar Scissorhands, and Uber Eats with Wayne's World. 

The Weeknd was OK, but it was difficult to hear his voice at times. I wasn't impressed with the production number itself.

@teganslaw 

I was so happy for Bruce Arians and his 95 year old mom! 

Those were funny commercials. 

This was my favorite commercial-- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsA8dNubLZ0

The Halftime Show was okay, The Weekend did good in a difficult situation which had lots of restrictions...

Honored Contributor

congrats to TB and BRADY fans......he did it yet again!

i was disappointed, but MORE disppointed that this game was lopsided and not really not a fun one to watch.

my favorite commercials were shaggy/cheetos and the NFL inspire change commercial. there were other fun ones also.  i know that budweiser didnt have a commercial, but BUD LIGHT did? how is that NOT a budweiser commercial? lol

thought that the national anthem was done well. really enjoyed the halftime show and LOVE the weeknd. i am sure it was a tough one to do with so many restrictions in place.

looking forward to the new season already!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein